Sign in to follow this  
Cavedragon49990

Phobias/Paranioa

I'm terrified of spiders .__. but then again that's a common phobia so I'm boring =__=

However I do know of a person afraid of mustard. o-o That's just odd. . .

PLUS you can't just brush a tick off of you like you can any other insect. You have to go find tweezers and extract them or use your fingers(SICK) and rip them out, which hurts. I found one that was very engorged on my dog and when I pulled it out it made him yelp. It must have hurt a lot, because this dog has hit his head on the corner of the granite countertops and never made a sound.

It doesn't hurt if you twist them around a dozen or so times. It makes them dizzy and they pretty much release on their own. If you ever find another one on you or an animal, turn on the stove and drop it on the hot element. It's almost fun to watch them curl up and die... I hate the little buggers.

I hate silence. If I'm alone, by myself, especially at night, it's so creepy. I can usually relax after a while, but if some sudden noise goes off, like one of my cats trying to get in my bedroom or a car honking outside, it freaks me out. It's why I still sleep with music on all night; background noise so nothing sounds sudden.

It doesn't hurt if you twist them around a dozen or so times. It makes them dizzy and they pretty much release on their own. If you ever find another one on you or an animal, turn on the stove and drop it on the hot element. It's almost fun to watch them curl up and die... I hate the little buggers.

I hate silence. If I'm alone, by myself, especially at night, it's so creepy. I can usually relax after a while, but if some sudden noise goes off, like one of my cats trying to get in my bedroom or a car honking outside, it freaks me out. It's why I still sleep with music on all night; background noise so nothing sounds sudden.

Gosh I love silence. I very often like to sit in a completely quiet room with ear plugs in and pretend I'm deaf.

Ticks do seem to be a very common fear. While I don't have a PHOBIA of them, they do creep me out. They select a juicy spot on you and pretty much DIG their heads in and start extracting blood. D: Also, the fear for them is contagious. I went hiking with my Botany class one day, I get two ticks, and after that, everyone was super self conscious and constantly checking.

I am afraid of spiders and insects, especially the buzzing ones such as wasps, bees, hornets, and flies.

Cubans. cause they killed Kennedy. i also hate Obama,bulldog ants,Princess Celestia,Jaws and *shudders* my grandmother on my dads side of the family.

EDIT: i forgot to put clowns and mimes on the list. and dead animals.

Edited by Sinornis

I found a baby opossum in the bathroom closet last night so now I'm paranoid other animals are going to get in my house.

I have an anxiety disorder, so the short list of my fears consists of pretty much everything (think Monk but without the OCD).

A longer list consists of heights, spiders, bees and wasps, dead things, vomit/vomiting, being alone at night, clowns and anxiety attacks themselves (luckily, I've learned to control those).

I have a paralyzing fear of spiders. I've often tried to get help for this phobia but I've always chickened out. :/ It's so bad that I practically go catatonic on the spot if I see one. I usually end up in crying fits, screams, or just fainting while standing sometimes. I don't remember any truamatic experiences but I could have just repressed a memory or something. idk.

I also have a phobia of getting pregnant, childbirth and pregnant women. The fear is almost as crippling as my spider phobia. It's more of a disgusting sight to me, rather than a scary one. It disgusts me so much that I'm thrown into fits of convulsion and body shaking. I want nothing to do with having children. It sickens me. :|

To top off the fears, I have a phobia of vomiting. I nearly died from food poisoning and it sparked a deadly fear of nausea and vomiting. I am completely in a coma if I think I'm going to throw up or if I get dizzy. I have to take motion sickness medicine a LOT because I lose my balance easily.

The only one I can't really understand that people have is death. I do not fear death at all, but it boggles my mind. I guess the majority of people have some sort of "faith" and are afraid to go somewhere after they die. I have no such faith, so it's not terrifying to me.

These fears are all irrational, but it's difficult to find treatment for phobias since one of the methods is exposure therapy and I do not want to be exposed to the things that make me catatonic. >.<

Edited by Devyn Star

I also have a phobia of getting pregnant, childbirth and pregnant women.

I'd forgotten about this one! But yeah, the whole pregnancy/childbirth thing just freaks me right out. I used to be fine with it, but the more I learn about pregnancy and the birthing process the less I ever want to actually get pregnant. It's like body horror to be now or something.

I have a fear of earwigs! I sleep with my head coverd just incase one crawls into my ear..

I just hate the little horrors sad.gif

I'm afraid of the dark. Well, more like what'll pop out when I'm not looking. *twitch* I hate closets. Always keep the door closed at night.

Doesn't help that I like reading articles of the SCP Foundation, what with their artifacts and things that can do worse things than kill you.

And loud/sudden noise freaks me out at night. Gah.

Edit: Oh yes, and dolls and mannequins with their creepy faces just staring at you looking almost real but they're NOT but you can swear one's watching you and the other just moved in the corner of your eye aaugh

Edited by Shadowdrake

My fears are far more abstract. For example, I'm afraid that there is an afterlife and that I'll be forced to participate in an afterlife. Afterlives are great for people who want to keep living, but a hell for those who just wanted to disappear.

I'm afraid of, oddly enough, laughter and smiling. This is especially true for people I don't know. I don't know how to deal with... laughter and smiles. It's be easier just to give me a nod and a small upturn of the lips, shaking my hand... I'm not very funny, so don't laugh... you know?

i'm scared of heights and clowns

and i am paranoid of earwigs

I'm scared of being buried dead or alive. Although i am very super curious about it... idk why, but i've read a zillion stories and stuff about the sort.

Actually, anything i ever get even slightly afraid of, i tend to want to learn as much about it as possible, it doesn't make the fear go away, just kind of calms me at the time.

I'm also scared of sharks, but it wont stop me from swimming anywhere. Also, i'm scared of being suspended in the air for long periods of time. Idk why. Oh, and bugs crawling on me or around me when i don't know it, when i do, it's fine, but if i don't, it's really creepy. That's all i can think of right now. :3

Spiders, panic attacks (I get them infrequently, but I completely lose control of myself and start crying, shaking, vomiting, ect), sharks, insects that crawl on me, aliens.

Also heights. I can't stand being more than five feet up anywhere. I can climb if I don't look down, but the second I do, I lose it. It's not fun to not be able to climb down when you go to a climbing camp and have a complete fear of it. ._.

Edited by Ashes The Second

I am terrified of heights. Terrified. Absolutely terrified. I can be up high if I have to, but I have the shakes the whole time. We go to Canada's Wonderland every year, and every year I have to force myself to ride the rollercoasters. I love the coasters, funnily enough, but the climbing to get up to them freaks me out. I still do it though because I am trying to work on this fear.

I am NOT, however, going to get on their newest ride, the Leviathan. It's 306ft tall, takes 55 seconds for the cars to get to the top, and it's an 80 degree drop. No. Thank. You *shudders violently*

While in Mexico this year, I actually forced myself to jump off of the "Sacrifice Jump" to land in the lagoon. I did it...twice, but chickened out the third time, lol.

I am also extremely paranoid about being run down by my Doberman accidentally, whenever he is going full tilt around the backyard. When I still lived on the farm with my ex-husband, I was knocked into TWICE by our Great Dane, and both times, she popped my knee out of place, and caused soft tissue damage in my lower leg. We thought for sure she had broken something. So now, even though he is a couple of inches shorter than she was, and almost a hundred pounds lighter, I still make sure to pin myself against the wall or a tree.

edit: I also have this irrational fear of anyone touching my neck or shoulders. I have actually broken the jaws of two people, because they snuck up behind me and grabbed my shoulders. I go into "fight or flight" panic mode. I don't think I was ever choked as a child, and I don't remember anyone ever doing things to me while I was younger (although, as an adult I WAS attacked, but my fear was already there,) so I have no idea where this fear came from.

Edited by CDM

Planes ._.

I just think I'm going to die all the time...

As it is, I'm flying alone.

Across the Atlantic.

Tonight.

*Waaaaaah*

The only one I can't really understand that people have is death. I do not fear death at all, but it boggles my mind. I guess the majority of people have some sort of "faith" and are afraid to go somewhere after they die. I have no such faith, so it's not terrifying to me.

This isn't necessarily true. I have "faith" and I'm not afraid of death. In fact, I find death will be a great adventure (to use a line from the movie Hook). I think the fear of death has more to do with its finality. Unless you believe in reincarnation or heaven/hell then death is a very final thing.

As for me, I don't have a phobia per say but I dislike clowns...A LOT. I don't run from them and I don't shake violently when they're around. I actually want to punch them most of the time. I do have an irrational phobia though. It's one that I KNOW will never come true but I can't get past it. I have a phobia of zombies. That's right- ZOMBIES. It's odd too. Not only do I know it can't happen in real life, but I love to see people dressed up as zombies. Talk about a contradiction. lol I can handle seeing people act as zombies and I find books/toys about them fascinating. However, I can't stand zombie movies. They freak me out to the point where, when I go to bed, I have to check the doors and windows and leave the tv on.

I've only got one fear, yay for me! Sadly it's probably one of the stupidest fears and most annoying. Dentophobia, the extreme fear of dentists. I start crying, shaking, shallow breathing, sweating, the whole nine yards. I can't go to the dental appointments without getting nitric oxide, which can't be any good for my brain.

I have a bit of a fear of people. I have a heard time communicating with people I don't know face to face. I get all quiet in public and whisper a lot.

Dentophobia, the extreme fear of dentists. I start crying, shaking, shallow breathing, sweating, the whole nine yards. I can't go to the dental appointments without getting nitric oxide, which can't be any good for my brain.

I'm similar. 'Cept mostly, I just hate doing to the dentist's. xd.png

I'm not even sure if there's a word for this, but I'm scared of microwaves. They just freak me out so much especially because they have exploded and sent shards of glass/ceramic stuff everywhere when I have tried to cook things and oh my god it has made cooking and heating stuff terrifying ;______; I can't even be in the same room as a microwave when it's cooking stuff.

Also, getting stuff in my eyes. Oh my god. Nothing terrifies me more than the thought of getting stuff in my eyes. Stuff like shards of glass that my microwave has violently flung at me aaaaah

Edited by Victini

Moths, definitely. They are just...wrong. They fly all erratically so you never know whether they're about to fly right into your face!

Sign in to follow this