Zovesta

Soreike! Anpanman

Next Anpanman marathon: some time in december

About this show: Bread people fight against germ people, in short. Anpanman is a Japanese children's cartoon about the gingerbread man if he was a superhero. So, yes. Anpanman is a man. Made out of anpan. And he feeds his head to children and goes around on patrol and is a generally very kind soul. The bad guy of the series is named Baikinman, and he is an evil little germ man... who likes to crossdress. He exists simply to make Anpanman's life a living hell. Even though Anpanman never does anything wrong, and he consistently helps others, even especially at his own expense.

So, yes. This show is fabulous. Believe it or not. There aren't that many subtitled episodes (my sister is currently the only one working on them, but she's busy), but the show is so simplistic you don't really need them.

The translated episodes have been taken down.

Did I mention that this show definitely inspired Pokemon? =V

Edited by Zovesta

So weird that it makes the full loop and goes right back to normal.

Baikinman.

Speaking of loops, I CAN'T STOP LICKING

DELICIOUS ANPAN IS TOO DELICIOUS

アンパン、おいしすぎーーー

ハヒ ....

Well, that's ok. I can't stop turning the wheel of my van anyway.

Yes, delicious Anpanman is delicious.

... hoo-hey-hoh.

I watched that episode you linked and I actually found it pretty interesting.

But I'm staying away from it. When I like something, I become obsessed with it, and I just got over my (second) obsession phase over Dragon Ball Z.

I was obsessed with it when I was 14, watched almost all of the episodes, got over it, and forgot about it.

Just recently became obsessed with it again and just finished watching every Dragon Ball Z episode in under 2 weeks.

So yeah.... I need some rest before I become obsessed over another show... blink.gif

だめだ、tikki

It has already gotten to you

There is no escape.

Edited by Volatile

@tikigurl: No, no, please! I would love you forever if you started watching it. ._. Please risk it... I'm so lonely. xd.png

@Volatile: Oishii shokupan~

Nuuu! I don't wanna!

*tries to stop watching*

*fails*

DX

Stop! You're killing me! DX

*lol at "He's holding... a fire hydrant". I thought the same exact thing xd.png*

Yaay! biggrin.gif I love you.

To be honest, the rest of the episodes haven't been translated yet. >_> But I could still give you some. As could Volatile. We both have mountainous amounts of bookmarks.

You could also take an episode from here, here, or here (from the list) and just start watching. :| It's how I found most of the episodes. xd.png

Well looks like I'm not getting any sleep tonight (or should I say this morning since It's almost 6am). xd.png

*wanders off*

Edited by tikigurl91

Bwahaha if you want I could always private message you some funny episodes. Especially if you have a preference. =V

It's almost 5 AM here and I'm still watching Anpanman. >__>

Well This One was really funny. Poor Horaaman... such an airhead. XP

At first I found Horaaman a little creepy, but he's kind of growing on me. tongue.gif

Too bad there aren't that many that are translated, although I don't mind watching it without subtitles, It would make it a little less confusing. xd.png

I don't have that many Horaaman episodes, but I'll send you some. <3

I know, right? He's so great. XDXD Actually, same goes for most of the characters. Bread people... giving their heads to people (and apparently burning their faces, too >_>), germ people, skeletons...

Very true. @_@ Volatile (my sister, she's the one working on them) is working on translating more episodes, but you know... some people need a life outside of Anpanman (BLASPHEMY). They're pretty simple, though, so it's easy enough to understand.

Sending~ smile.gif

Yeah I was watching one of the episodes that wasn't translated and it's still pretty easy to understand what's going on. And I was just imagining what they were saying in my head, it's pretty fun. XP

I know, right? Before my sister translated them I had so much fun coming up with what they were saying.

What I thought.

Baikinman: GO TO ****ING HELL YOU STUPID PIECE OF BREAD censorkip.gifcensorkip.gif *more profanity*

In reality:

Baikinman: I'll get you, Anpanman!

... >:| I was not impressed.

Actually, Baikinman DOES use a lot of swear words (always saying "crap," for instance, and the first time he ever addresses Anpanman is with a second-person pronoun that has the connotation of "you ****ing censorkip.gif***"). Thing is, they're not such a big thing in Japan. Translating them literally kind of messes with the kids' show feel, though xd.png

Edited by Volatile

You've told me this. XDXD That was before I knew that, though. I still find it hilarious. Yay! Baikinman IS a potty-mouth!

(also get on Gmail now before I have to get off D:)

Your avatar and signature combo makes me laugh every time I see it. xd.png

Edited by Zovesta

Just so you know, I still haven't watched any of those episodes yet. tongue.gif

I try to have as much of a life as possible on my days off since that doesn't happen very often (the life part and the days off part XP) but I'll be going back to work tomorrow for the next few days so I'll probably just spend my lonely nights watching them. rolleyes.gif

Do it do it do it! biggrin.gif And tell meee... I need to know just how much of the sickness I'm spreading. I need to watch more episodes so I can add my screenshots to my rant, anyway. =V

Also, got my mom to watch more. >_> Horaaman's horrific gardening was almost enough to make her cry.

Edited by Zovesta