frostmourne

Odd Abilities and Talents

Are we discussing odd things we have learned to do or odd natural talents?

Um, I can draw, but that's mostly learned/work and a little bit of natural talent.

I'm good with animals, I think that's natural.

And I'm terrible with plants even though I try not to be. They just die on me no matter what I do. They live longer if I just ignore them. That's like... an anti-talent.

I can... fold 1000 origami cranes, and wear kimono, and...make... omelettes... LOL

I'm basically 6 feet tall and I could fit in a small box if I wanted to. I have this inate ability to fit into small places. lol

I have a double jointed thumb and can pop every joint in my fingers about five different ways.

Does the ability to read both upside down and backwards count? And writing backwards too.

This.

I can't write backwards, but I can read upside down and backwards, and write upside down.

I can meow, hiss, bark, growl, and howl. And read and write upside down and backwards. And I might be able to communicate with dogs, but not understand them. I actually have a dog, and I think I know how to get her to leave me alone or (sometimes) come to me.

I can write backwards, plus I'm so double- jointed that I can bend all my fingers in an odd position that makes mostly everyone I show goes "ewww". Also, I can jump and do the do this splitz, can put both feet behind my head and walk on my hands for three seconds. Boy, how freaky am I?

I used to be able to take twenty steps on my hands, and was considered below average. :~P

make cat noises :3

go cross eyes - but thats not too special -

and make situations awkward - now that is a skill xd.png -

Edited by xox DragonMaster xox

make cat noises :3

go cross eyes - but thats not too special -

and make situations awkward - now that is a skill xd.png -

*Hi-fives for the last one* Me too.

I can... fold 1000 origami cranes
I tried making one once. It kinda looked like a dog...that had...kinda...been run over :/

I discovered that I can make my pupils go bigger and smaller by will. It's not as effective as walking into a really bright/dark room, though.

I can...

Meow like a cat, and growl, hiss, yowl.

Howl like a wolf.

I can move my eyes like a chameleon. Freaks the friends out.

Whistle like a dripping faucet. Annoys the teachers.

Communicate with any animals. Cats, dogs, deer, crows. I just make some noises and they respond. It's like talking.

I can tell each animal apart. I can pick out certain deer in a herd. I know what Ink's cry is like. (She's a crow my cat is friends with.)

I can:

Cross my eyes and look away with one eye

Whistle in my throat

wiggle my ears

can read words upside-down and backwards

whistle like a bird

belch on command

can slowly belch the alphabet

pop my jaw

whistle a straw in public like a slide whistle

Hmm weird things. I'm the haven of weird things in my family. Everyone else is normal, what the heck?

***I can communicate with cats and dogs great. We have had whole animal conversations with body language and meows and barks alone. I can tell whenever my dog wants something and usually almost always what.

***I can read, write, and complete complex math problems upside down and flipped.

***I can balance better than my cat can. Came into great use when I had to walk across a very narrow beam across what might as well have been a highway (with those cars speeding at least) to save my own life. After falling a story and landing on said beam. xd.png

Psychic things?

***I can hear or see multiple choice questions and sense the answer. I'm right about 85-90% of the time. It has won my sister quite some money in the past, she loves that. I cannot seem to do it though unless I'm hearing it on the radio or I'm near the person who is going to give the right answer.

***I can sense when people are coming to where I am before their car even arrives. Even if its a surprise, and not their schedule. I'm better at it than my dogs. They get up and get excited when I get at alert.

***I can sense danger before any is present, and before there are any physical signs of incoming danger. It started right after I was hit by a car as a little kid and has only failed me once, when there was a shooting in the city I was in. I knew something was wrong right before our apartment set fire and I had to learn about the beam balancing act above, everyone else got out the front door and thought I was going to die, so it was great to reunite with them after. My mother believes I'm in touch with Freyr, pagan Norse god of many things, one being protection.

There's a ton of other stuff, but its all I can think of right now (and I'm eating a cookie!)

Fun stuff!

Edited by Lillesoster

I can tie my shoes!

..thing is, I learned when I was 10 blink.gif

Well, I can adjust my eyes to look blurry, and when I close my eyes I see colors.

As soon as I bump into something and it's painful, it goes numb, and then it goes un-numb in about 10 seconds, and there isn't any pain. poptartFINALTINY.gif

Wierd:

* I can pick up things with my toes.

Wierd and yet very useful:

* I can pick up four cases of 12pk soda with both hands. The trick lies tucking two fingers (excluding the thumbs) into the punch out slot. It helps cut down the time taking in soda from the car. laugh.gif

Well, I once tied for first place in a donkey-braying contest at the fair. I won five dollars, a ribbon, and a really cool mosaic-type brick with a donkey on the front of it, so I guess it sort of paid off.

Other than that, both my brother and I have double jointed thumbs and I can move my eyes in opposite directions, but neither of those are super rare.

Edited by Zephyrgirl

I can curl my tongue into 3's if that counts.

Plus I can lick my elbow xd.png

When I look into bright lights then close my eyes, I see flashing lights (mostly red blue and green) even when opened.

I can crack:

My jaw

fingers

wrists

toes

ankle

back

neck

Edited by Iceleek

I can write, draw, pick things up, type (I'm using my toes right now), and open a door with my feet. smile.gif

I am nick-named the "animal whisperer" wink.gif because I can imitate any animal noise I am given. It comes in handy wink.gif

I can write with both hands (not the biggest accomplishment).

Umm... anything else....huh.gif

Oh! My doctor says I have a photographic memory. (I don't have to study, I just memorize my notes and voila! It's insta study!) biggrin.gif

Hmm... I can bend my thumbs back behind my hand past my knuckle. (Ew, I know xd.png). I use my feet a lot more than necessary (If I feel like it I can reach my house's four foot high lightswitches. No lie, I just measured one). Eh, I can imitate cats meowing and hissing. I argue with my cousin's cat who hates everyone who ever lived.

Yeah, I'm boring.

I am a weighing MASTER.

I get real obsessive when I have to measure things out by weight. I try to get it to the exact decimal needed.

I will sit and move minute particles just to get it exact.