frostmourne

Odd Abilities and Talents

The overuse of the term "double jointed" is kind of bugging me. It's called hypermobility, and it's not the actual addition of an extra joint. The more you know.

Most of the time(to go with what you said) it's an excess of collagen which makes joints more bendy and skin more stretchy smile.gif

I can touch my nose with my tongue, I can move my ears (and thanks to spending waaayy too much time with my dogs, I unconsciously pull them back when I'm tense or nervous, not that you can really tell. It's still weird haha), I can go cross-eyed with just one eye or both, then move them separately.

I can growl rather convincingly like a dog (another side-effect of being so close to my dogs). This comes in VERY handy when words or normal harsh tones are wasted on a dog.

I used to be able to communicate with dogs as well as any dog could, without having to get down on all fours and stuff (but it's been a few years since we had to say goodbye to our dogs and our 15 acre block, so I'm not as good any more). It's all in the body-language and voice-control!

I used to have an awesome never-failing direction sense from subconsciously noting the sun's position all the time, which I also lost after leaving our acreage for the city - too much light pollution and too high a horizon to do it reliably anymore.

I can, like many, bend just the top joint of my pointer fingers.

An last but not least, I've been able to do this http://www.wikihow.com/Make-an-Ocarina-with-Your-Hands (make an ocarina with my hands) since I was a small child. I used to confuse my friends with it when I was a kid; they'd think I was holding some sort of whistle and I'd show 'em I wasn't xP

I can turn one of my feet completely backwards. I'm trying to get where I can do both at the same time and remember a book I read a while back, maybe not word for word, but I remember what happened in it

Edited by Raptor of Dragons

I can turn one of my feet completely backwards.

I have a friend who can do both at the same time. His legs aren't aligned right and for some reason he has extra ankle bones.

For what I can do... uhh... I can stick my thumb behind my knuckle?

-Can go crosseyed

-Double-jointed fingers

-Frequent/willed lucid dreamer (Where talking with yourself is NOT weird.)

-

Just remembered that I trained myself when I was younger to willfully wake up from nightmares. That really came in handy.

I'm a cat magnet - literally. Whenever I visit someone who's got a cat, it approaches me and rarely leaves. Also a lot of strays... although thankfully not in groups, and they usually leave if I chase them.

I can do this really weird things with my fingers and knuckles:

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx63/Ni...ds/DSC05307.jpg

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx63/Ni...ds/DSC05305.jpg

http://s742.photobucket.com/albums/xx63/Ni...nt=MOV05308.mp4

I read the rules, I don't think this is offensive ... just the odd ability I have ^^; I wouldn't even be able to explain it in English to be honest! (Not a native English speaker!)

The only person who's able to do the same thing, is my dad - I know where I got it from, so I'd be really interested if anybody can do this too! Especially the knuckle thing!

ohmy.gif I never knew anyone who could do the same!!! The finger windmill as I call it is something I've been able to do since a kid biggrin.gif I can even get mine to go down farther then yours ^^ as to the knuckles... that never came to my mind so I tried it out, for some reason I only seem to be capable of doing it backwards xd.png

Umm other talents... not really ^^ I have hyperflexibilty so I can bend some bodyparts in weird ways ^^ (the top digit of my thumb backwards so there is LESS then a 90 degree angle between top digit and bottom ^^; ) and my hips, like REALLY flexible I can do some crazy dancing and hip wiggling with that ^^; I can move/slide them to the side so far that my joints pop.

Otherwise.... I can move my eyes individually. I love crossing one eye and looking straight ahead with the other , freaks people out xd.png

And I have an extremely good sense concerning personality. I've never been wrong before. For some reason I kind of see people in colorcode in my mind anyone with brown or a hint of brown in them is a warning sign :/

Umm, thats all I can think of at least.

I have the ability to unfocus my eyes in a way that isn't possible for some people. I can have one eye look down, and the other look up. It's funny, because I was once doing it because I was bored, and someone asked me how I did that, tried to do it themselves, and failed miserably. I have no doubt that for a lot of people, doing that hurts their eyes.

I can bend my pinkie fingers in a 90 degree angle at the ends. I can also predict weather with my arthritis, that in itself is not odd, but where it hurts and how it hurts I can tell you if it is just a front or if theres a storm system coming. I always prove the weather men wrong here in Texas.

I'm a cat magnet - literally. Whenever I visit someone who's got a cat, it approaches me and rarely leaves. Also a lot of strays... although thankfully not in groups, and they usually leave if I chase them.

Yeah, people call me the crazy cat lady. Cats love me. If I go over to someone's house and their cat is the type to hide at the first hint of a visitor, I can have the cat purring in my lap in about 10 minutes.

I can also stick my tongue up my nose, fit through spaces people can't believe I'd even TRY to (I'm almost 6 feet tall, too), and see incredibly well in the dark. Not as good as daylight, but one HECK of a lot better than most people can.

The end of many of my toes can bend far back which allows me to balance better.

Due to just years and years of me twirling stuff around my left hand fingers, There's almost nothing I can't twirl around them.

Can throw knives in the air and catch them without cutting myself. Similarly, I'v never cut myself by knives that are in the sink while doing dishes (eve if I'm not aware of them).

Due to an accident that happened when I has eight my left eye lids reflexes are much faster then my rights. I also gained the ability to control my left eye lid. Allowing me to wink and having said eye lid blink faster then my right.

Ah right, also due to "practice" I guess you could call it. I'm able to open and close doors with my feet ans well as pick things up with them.

So i'm not the only person who picks things up with their feet! :D My mom and friends always get really freaked out by it :P

My thumb on my left hand can bend all the way back to my wrist, and I also write completely backwards with my left hand.

I can do weird things with my fingers like Nixly and Raimira but not quite to the same extent. I can pop one of my thumbs out too. I can also pick things up with my feet like a few others have said.

But none of these are very useful things, sadly. tongue.gif

But none of these are very useful things, sadly. tongue.gif

I wouldn't say having a double joint is useful wink.gif These are odd abilities, not odd uses xd.png

I've recently acquired the ability to wrap things with rubber bands using two fingers. Out of practice.

I can bend my pinkie fingers in a 90 degree angle at the ends. I can also predict weather with my arthritis, that in itself is not odd, but where it hurts and how it hurts I can tell you if it is just a front or if theres a storm system coming. I always prove the weather men wrong here in Texas.

OMG! Me too! I can bend the ends of my fingers. Sometimes they bend unintentionally (esp the pinkies) and hinders me when I play instruments-ever saw someone play piano with wierd fingers? that would be someone like me.

This can make hearbeats when I break the bends, and freaks out ppl. :D

And how nice, my bro just told me that this bring arthrisis.

and I can focus my eyes in the middle without anything in the middle to focus on.

I can do this really weird things with my fingers and knuckles:

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx63/Ni...ds/DSC05307.jpg

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx63/Ni...ds/DSC05305.jpg

http://s742.photobucket.com/albums/xx63/Ni...nt=MOV05308.mp4

I read the rules, I don't think this is offensive ... just the odd ability I have ^^; I wouldn't even be able to explain it in English to be honest! (Not a native English speaker!)

The only person who's able to do the same thing, is my dad - I know where I got it from, so I'd be really interested if anybody can do this too! Especially the knuckle thing!

i can do this as well! xd.png

A lot of people tell me that I have finger toes. When I was younger climbing trees were a breeze for me. One time in class my pencil rolled off my desk and I didn't feel like getting up to get it. So I used my toes to pick it and when I looked up everyone was staring at me like I had grown a second head. Plus I can read a book in less than a day if it's an awesome book. I just can't put a good book down once I start reading.

Due to an accident that happened when I has eight my left eye lids reflexes are much faster then my rights. I also gained the ability to control my left eye lid. Allowing me to wink and having said eye lid blink faster then my right.

That's so cool! I tried doing it but I failed miserably. xd.png

-I grow abnormally fast

-I can sometimes see near future in my dreams

-I read like... ultrafast

-I can turn my eyes almost backwards.

-I can control my chinchilla if my brother isn't around