frostmourne

Odd Abilities and Talents

I can stay up past two a.m. regularly with only a slight loss in attention and efficiency. Granted, after too many days in a row I get rather drowsy, but that can be fixed by sleeping a few hours in the afternoon.

I also can do that, glad to know I'm not the only one

Yeaaaaah two am is nothing. Two am is a good time to start working on tomorrow's homework, though it can reasonably wait until three.

... Staying up late is an odd ability now? God damn, I am the queen then, since I occasionally stay up two days in a row without much change in attention. I just tend to get more done and be a lot moodier.

also stromzone i love you

edit: this doesn't even really count as an ability, just an annoying thing I've had my whole life, but I don't remember anything in first-person view. Always third-person. In colour, but third-person. So I don't remember anything through my own eyes. A lot of the time it's either bird's-eye view or like a few feet behind my head. It can be pretty annoying. I thought everyone remembered things like that up until about two years ago.

Edited by Zovesta

Haha, I try Zovesta, I try.

I bet if you wrote a biography of all your memories, it would be a lot easier to write from third person! Hmmmm...I'm going to go eat chocolate. That's my odd ability, ok guys? We'll stick with that!

I can wiggle my ears...if that counts LOL. I was sitting in class one day a few years back and suddenly found out I could do it.

Yeah, sometimes I experience odd anomalies where I don't see from my own eyes and things seems to happen to me in third person. I also have this weird thing where I have to have noise to focus. I know a lot of people are like that, but yeah. I am kind of not so special about abilities. xd.png

Sometimes, I get hyper without the help of sugar...

Dunno if it counts...

Edited by SoiledLove

Sometimes, I get hyper without the help of sugar...

Dunno if it counts...

Considering sugar doesn't really cause a sugar high the way people think it does... then yes.

edit: this doesn't even really count as an ability, just an annoying thing I've had my whole life, but I don't remember anything in first-person view. Always third-person. In colour, but third-person. So I don't remember anything through my own eyes. A lot of the time it's either bird's-eye view or like a few feet behind my head. It can be pretty annoying. I thought everyone remembered things like that up until about two years ago.

Haha! I thought it was only me that did that. I usually see myself in my memories, as if I'm circling with a camcorder or something. It probably proves how terrible my memory is, but I usually remember things while standing/hovering in an angle or position that I was never in.

~

*Just figured out how to accidentally post a comment, but have no idea of how I did it*

~

I don't know if this is an "ability", but I've realized that when I get mad, instead of "boiling with anger" as people apparently do, my body tends to get totally rigid and I get really cold. When I try to move afterwards it's like I'm breaking out of an ice cube or something, because I'm super sore and frozen. Also, besides me feeling cold, my hands and feet literally become freezing to the touch.

Under new circumstances in 2008, this would happen a number of times - for at least an hour or more - during my week, which truly made me realize what was happening. Only after I was trying to defrost my hands, though.

~

I can shake my eyes, or something like that.

If I'm understanding what you mean, I can do the same thing.

~

I can also fix one eye to look at my nose, while my other eye moves around normally, or at least in a different direction. (I recorded myself doing that once, and I was freaked out by how weird it looks. laugh.gif)

~

I learned how to lucid dream, which is pretty cool tongue.gif

I haven't "learned" how to do it (which would be awesome), but I do that every once in a while. Too bad my dreams always turn rated R when I'm in charge. And if not, some nightmarish thing is going on and I have to run for my life dry.gif It gets so annoying when 5 laps through some cursed underground-ish passage thing doesn't shake me from my killer.

Edited by DeathCry

Haha! I thought it was only me that did that. I usually see myself in my memories, as if I'm circling with a camcorder or something. It probably proves how terrible my memory is, but I usually remember things while standing/hovering in an angle or position that I was never in.

Exactly, lol, it's so awkward. xd.png 5 million hours worth of just someone with a camcorder standing next to me while I stare at the computer screen.

Sugar tends to make me calmer... I have no idea why. For example, if I eat chocolate in the morning, I'll be normal the rest of the day.

Sugar tends to make me calmer... I have no idea why. For example, if I eat chocolate in the morning, I'll be normal the rest of the day.

Maybe your sugar levels drop a lot in the morning, and that brings it up to normal levels?

I drink tea without sugar in the morning, but every once in a while I have a craving for heaps of sugar in it. I haven't thought about what it does for me afterwards, though. laugh.gif

I haven't eaten anything sweet today and I went crazy in the morning.

I have a new ability, sticking coins to my head. They don't fall off... Jk jk.

Actually, I can write perfectly well upside down. Also I can read things when they are really close up for some reason. Like, a few millimeters from my eyes. I doesn't even hurt.

i can tocuh my nose with my tounge and beat my cat in a staring contest ocne in a while

I can twist my tongue so it's vertical instead of lying flat, pull my scalp back without using my hands (it's not visible, but you can feel my ears move. I think it's like how an animal pulls back its ears), write legibly with my eyes closed, and raise my eyebrows/blink my eyes one at a time in quick succession:

O_-

-_O

O_-

Generally any ability is "I can use [body part] differently!"

I did something cool

my brother alexander had a deck of cards and he wanted me to guess what the card second from the last was,

I closed my eyes and focused until I saw the outline of a king, then I told him "It's a king" he started laughing

and asked me which king, so I closed me eyes again and focused until I saw red,

so I said "it's a red of hearts or dimonds" he started laughing and said "which one !" I closed my eyes again for a while and said "Dimonds" then he showed me the card,

I was right

^

not always tongue.gif

Edited by Sorrowgrave

I can do the finger bendy at the top joint thing,

and also I can wiggle my ears

and i have a very flexible tongue- I can roll it, and put the end of it so it's upside down. I can also sort of fold it, horizontally AND vertically..

Edited by dracocharky

odd abilities?

double jointed fingers

can hum/and/or whistle almost every song i know... biggrin.gif

can build a bionicle box set in about 15-25 minutes

and more....

- Un-focus and re-focus on whatever I can see.

- Double-jointed 3rd finger [on my right hand].

- Double-jointed tongue - I can make my tongue have 4 edges, I can "fold" it horizontally and I can flip it over completely so that the under-side of it is on top.

- Wiggle my ears.

- Type with my eyes closed [not that unique tongue.gif].

- Ditto, but with texting [on a QWERTY keyboard].

- Since my Chinese ethnicity has made my eyes slightly narrow, I can make it look like my eyes are closed but I can actually see clearly.

- Touch my thumb [backwards] to my wrist [not sure if anyone else can do this ><"]

- Cross my fingers, then cross the crossed fingers over, then again. [so crossing them X3 xd.png]

I can lucid dream but not at will [yet].

And I can do the first two images of Nixly's post [some posts below] tongue.gif

Edited by cfmtfm

I am hyper in all of my fingers in all joints except for one on my thumb.

Fingers- i can bend them to touch the back of my hand, the middle joints go backwards at an angle, and i can lock them so that i can move the top joints of my fingers willingly.

Thumb-I can bend the top joint backwards at a flat 90degree angle. on both hands.

I can move the tendons in my fingers on the back of my hand.

I am a semi lucid dreamer(but can't control it yet, once i know i am dreaming, i usually wake up within seconds)

I can have a conversation with someone while looking at them and typing at the same time.

i can type some 160 words per minute but it takes me a while to type because i often change what i have to say or change how i say it.

I can tell you almost every zebra finch and cockatiel mutation, whether it is sex linked, dominant, or recessive, and what mutations you should/shouldnt breed them to.

I have ehlers danlos syndrome(or however you spell that tongue.gif) which is the cause of all of my extreme weird bendyness heheh

i can also fold my tongue weirdly(which is kinda gross)

Edited by IcarusTheDragon

I can do this really weird things with my fingers and knuckles:

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx63/Ni...ds/DSC05307.jpg

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx63/Ni...ds/DSC05305.jpg

http://s742.photobucket.com/albums/xx63/Ni...nt=MOV05308.mp4

I read the rules, I don't think this is offensive ... just the odd ability I have ^^; I wouldn't even be able to explain it in English to be honest! (Not a native English speaker!)

The only person who's able to do the same thing, is my dad - I know where I got it from, so I'd be really interested if anybody can do this too! Especially the knuckle thing!

Special abilities... hmmn. I can survive off of one day of sleep a week without a problem.

I can do this really weird things with my fingers and knuckles:

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx63/Ni...ds/DSC05307.jpg

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx63/Ni...ds/DSC05305.jpg

http://s742.photobucket.com/albums/xx63/Ni...nt=MOV05308.mp4

I read the rules, I don't think this is offensive ... just the odd ability I have ^^; I wouldn't even be able to explain it in English to be honest! (Not a native English speaker!)

The only person who's able to do the same thing, is my dad - I know where I got it from, so I'd be really interested if anybody can do this too! Especially the knuckle thing!

That last video, that is what i can do! that is what i was trying to explain smile.gif