_Z_

Tree Decorating Contest, show your tree.

<3 trees!

Ooooh. I saw Lyz's during the comp, but I could not for the life of me, figure out what it was supposed to be. x3

Mine:

user posted image

I r gud decorator! =P

Geeze, Arula's tree is fantastic! So creative. I can't imagine how good the top trees are.

user posted image

I like my tree but I wish I had done a better one. I didn't realize it at the time but it's very plain.

Should have spent less time decorating the bottom. dry.gif

Edit: Thanks Trinity. smile.gif I still think I could have a nicer job before I entered the contest. Of course I can't do anything about that now, so I'll just have to enjoy it for what it is.

I liked this one, as well as TheCompleteAnimorph's, I rated them fairly highly...well, highly for me. I really liked trees that were color-organized and balanced.

Wow, so many gorgeous trees! <3 I'm even more surprised I won 3rd place with this:

user posted image

The actual tree is supposed to be coloured like TJ's logo, blue on the left and silver-ish on the right. Since that was the colour scheme I'd be using anyway I thought I might as well arrange the ornaments that way.

I tried to portray the font used on the forum header and cave for the DC logo, but that might just be an excuse for me to use the eastern dragon as well as the western. xd.png And of course I wanted to subtly decorate the presents below the tree too since I like doing that in real life. (Notice the potato in front of the Holly giftwrap. tongue.gif)

I really wish I had used the strings of beads on the tree itself, though, it looks really plain...but I was so busy the last day of the decorating that I didn't get to even attempt it.

so many cool trees!

cherryalexandra, your design is very original :0 Ithink, I saw it.

sapfirewolf, I love your tree! it's symmetrical and accurate :3

LadyLyzar, wow, I remember yours! it's very creative. and dragons' faces are sweet.

arula, yours is great! I saw it when voting. but to my shame I must confess, that at first I haven't seen a peacock in it and thought "well... that's something, but what's it?..", and rated it low. sorry. only then someone posted it in the topic and I realized how silly I were.

Ripan, I love your idea of birds holding candles!

skauble, I definetly saw yours! it's so beautiful! the ornaments are creatively combined and the tree is neither empty, nor overloaded. looks great!

Azure, awww! and I remember yours pretty well! I wrote about it in the thread as soon I saw it! it's awesome! I love this pretty bird so much! gave it a 10, yours is one of my most favourite trees.

and here's mine:

user posted image

TheCompleteAnimorph, your tree is gorgeous!

Here's mine:

user posted image

Edited by reimolino

Here was mine.

Basically I wanted to make a DC themed tree, so I took the ornaments and used them as eggs. The top two being Midas Dorkface and Shally and the ones further down were TJ's own Thuwed pairs.

I wasn't sure if this would be recognized, so I added in the letters "DC" with the clear baubles.

user posted image

Edited by xXAngelicEvilXx

Everyone's trees look amazing. ^^ Mine was rather simple, but I think I like it~

This was mine:

user posted image

I remember seeing yours. I believe I gave it a 7 or 8, as I thought the combining of regular baubles and clear ones was very creative!

Mine. Not much to say except I like rainbow colors, and I love star shapes.

user posted image

Thank you for voting, everyone. smile.gif

I remember seeing many of the trees posted in this thread. Such creativity! I love it. biggrin.gif

Edited by Goslander

user posted image

Mine.

Thankyou very much to my dear voters smile.gif

Edited by DarkEternity

user posted image

it's very beautiful! I remember it. gave 8-10 to it (don't remember exactly). I LOVE star-shapes =)

This is mine, I hope you like. Unfotunately I didn't win anything. (click to see it bigger)

user posted image

Edited by Xorath

So many lovely designs. I wish I saw more of these when I was actually voting. Brilliant stuff in general. More trees! Give us more! biggrin.gif

Thanks for showing all the trees. I voted a LOT, but there are trees here, I never saw during my voting, so I'm glad to see them now. biggrin.gif

user posted image

This is mine. Not really special, but I did make an effort to get it nicely balanced without being crowded or too boring. Didn't win anything, but I still like it.

Here's mine! It looks better with the flashing lights.

user posted image

It got me a Third Place! Thank you to everyone who voted!

user posted image

Thank you for voting, everyone. smile.gif

I remember seeing many of the trees posted in this thread. Such creativity! I love it. biggrin.gif

Oh, I loved this one! This one was my first "above 6" score- I think I gave you a 9.

Here's mine!

user posted image

I'm surprised by the number of trees in this thread that I recognize! smile.gif

Sadina, yours is really pretty!

Here is mine.

Doing the judging made me see I should have put more stuff on, but I still like mine.

user posted image

There are some very lovely trees here.

Mine's nothing special, especially compared to some I'm seeing. It did share a color theme (and similar density of decoration) with my RL tree though smile.gif

user posted image