LADYDRAGONSKEEPER

Artist and non-understanding public

i both draw and write, but drawing is my main thing. At school, i draw something, and whenever this guy sees my drawings, he's like "oh its so cute, DRAW ME SOMETHING."

I'm like no, but he keeps insisting. It's not on what you want, it's inspiration on when and what the artist wants to draw, not what you want them to. that's why i used to take requests, then stopped. the pressure and the not wanting to draw the requested material was killing me.

Also, people critique me, but most of it's wrong. so i have to fix it twice. that's hard for writing, but even worse for already shaded drawings Dx

Huh, I rarely get asked to do anything. There was about one person on DA, one on FA, and one here. I accepted the first two, but I have not gotten to them...usually I just offer and then half forget. I need to learn to put up with drawings I hate, because as soon as it goes in a direction I don't like, I just stop. I've had about two instances where someone has taken what I made and put it elsewhere. One of them was edited and had since disappeared. As long as people don't claim it's theirs and aren't making money off it, I really don't care. Though, technically using something for a purpose it wasn't intended for, or grouping it with other works it wasn't intended to be with (like a photobucket account) is theft, but it's one I don't care about. So no one has really asked me to make anything and no one has taken anything of mine and claimed it was theirs or tried to sell it. I've also tried to, out of habit, keep things on the quiet side and only recently decided to show anyone anything. DA was pretty much an easy way to keep things somewhere, even if I lost the original drawing. I didn't bother to get known.

So I really can't relate to anything said here. I've only ever gotten dumb comments and complete disrespect from my father and not really anyone else.

I know. That's the reason I can't draw.

Though, if I ever GIVE crit, The person's like "Waaaah no its supposed to be like that it's fine you're mean I hate you critique WAAAAAAH"

People are too sensitive. I'll go rant about that now.

AS odd as it sounds I'm having a really hard time with a friend who is too encouraging. She seems to think if you can write or draw you can just go out and get published. She doesn't seem to understand what goes into this. And me actually explaining things like agents and selling she sees as pessimism. She thinks me and a friend should shoot high on our work and doesn't see the point in thinking real. She even tried to talk us into self publishing and when I read the writing book I had on the subjet she thought is was just trying to discourage.