RheaZen

Rhea's Art

So.... I feel like this would be easier just to start from scratch...

user posted image

Is there still that balance issue?

Edit:: If you get sick of me and my lack of art skills, just let me know and I'll leave you alone. I feel so annoying right now, asking all of these questions and not having a clue about what I'm doing. xd.png

Edited by tikigurl91

So the shoulder would have to go down more where the fist curve of the body is?

lizard - Ohnonono, not exactly like the BBWs, I was just giving an example of a curved wing! Just have it bend over itself a bit, that's all, so it'll cut down on the sprite size.

tiki - Don't worry, is no problem. And you're getting the hang of it, that's the ticket. The heads a bit large (its ball is almost as large as the waist's!) and the tail should probably curve down, not up, so that it'll be visible when the wings are put in. What's the sprite's current size, btw?

Sand - Yep.

I'm sorry if I got a bit too ahead of myself. I was up all night last night and I had nothing else to do...

user posted image > user posted image > user posted image

We can just go with the first one if it still needs too much work.

Oh and after cropping, the smallest I can make it is 106 x 94. Is that too big? I might be able to trim down the wings a bit if it is.

can you make a red line on it? cause im not sure exactly how to put it on there?

tiki - Hm... yeah, you'll probably want to cut it down in size, which means positioning the wing in a different manner. May I try a redline?

Sandface - Sure thing, just a tic.

user posted image

Edited by RheaZen

Sure. happy.gif

Oh and I moved the tail...

Probably going to fix it again as the more I stare at it, the uglier it gets...

I tried to make it look like it was wrapping around to the side but I failed.

user posted image

Edit:: Updated version of the tail...

user posted image

*ignore the foot, it is trying to kill me x.x*

Edited by tikigurl91

tiki - Will get on it.

user posted image

I, uh, went overboard, sorry ^^; Feel free to disregard or make changes to any edits I've made.

Sand - Before adding membrane, add only the wing "fingers". Try out different positions besides just outstretched, and fingers of varying lengths. Keep experimenting until it looks right.

Edited by RheaZen

user posted image

yeah... heh sorry for getting to it so late, i havent had too much time

*curses school*

how is it now?

by the way, i appreciate the help a TON

edit: oops forgot to erase the old paw... fixed now

Edited by sapphiredragon73

tiki - Will get on it.

user posted image

I, uh, went overboard, sorry ^^; Feel free to disregard or make changes to any edits I've made.

oh! is that what you mean by folding it over a bit?

lol, i know that post wasnt directed at me, but still. X3 if that's what you're gettin at for my sprite, then i get it now. xd.png at first im like, "whut?" but then i saw tiki's example, and it all came together. tongue.gif

tiki - Will get on it.

user posted image

That's fantastic looking! Jeez... you make mine look like.... crap. tongue.gif

Edit:: You know... it's so incredible, I think the male has to be completely redone now. I just see so much more wrong with him now that I have an anatomically correct sprite to compare. xd.png

Do you think you can do something similar with the wings on him also?

user posted image

You don't have to of course, I can always try myself. But you are so amazing at it.

Or I might just completely scrap that sprite and start over with the sketch if you don't want to. Either way is fine with me.

Edited by tikigurl91

I know this one is still pretty bad, but I think it's a lot better than my first one. I think I also improved on the wings a bit... Should I fix anything on this?

user posted image

Saph - XD Why are you apologizing? It looks good, now you just need to move the back hind leg so that it looks like it's kicking up - bring the knee up a bit. It should be fine after that, and I can't make any crits about anything else because it's all floof, so the sprite's pretty much good to go onto colors.

lizard - Yes, that's what I meant, though the folding doesn't have to be in the exact same manner.

tiki - You'll only get better with practice, so why don't you try doing the male sprite over yourself? Since now you have a better idea of what to do and all. And yes, starting from scratch may be easiest, though I suggest finishing the female first so that you'll be able to have a complete, polished sprite outline to base the male off of, so that they don't end up dissimilar.

Silver - Hr... you use a base? I'm not an expert on horse anatomy in the slightest, but the forelegs lack proper anatomy/should connect elsewhere on the body, and the wings have extremely odd-looking and straight wings.

Edited by RheaZen

Yeah I figured it would probably be best to just start over on the male since they look completely mis-matched now.

Did a little bit on the female:

user posted image

The feet are killing me. I'm horrible at them xd.png.

Also, I think I'm going to move the tail in between the feet, since right now it's covering the front foot and looks odd to me.

Oh and I'm not too sure where to place the back wing, but I'm going to try and figure it out later on.

Thanks again for all of your help. You are awesome. laugh.gif

A few things first, tiki. Thunder thighs - the thighs are a bit too fat. Skinny it down a little. Secondly, look at the head shape. Think of a skull. Unless you're making the snout beaky, there needs to be a little more substance there. Beware noodley limbs.

Yup, all things I'm working on now. I messed around with the nose horn too much and ended up butchering the face.

And I made the limbs pretty quick, I'll be going over them again and fixing them up.

Edit::

user posted image

That's the last of my edits for now. I'm exhausted. Only had about 3 hours of sleep last night so I need a nap. X__X

Edited by tikigurl91

user posted image

Hm. Okay, I reverted the legs then tongue.gif Now I need to work on the eyes I so conveniently left out before (had to find some of my older drawings of it). Any other anatomy things? And I'm sure I didn't get the eyes right first try, especially its right.

tiki - Get some rest, then. It looks better.

Mew - It looks pretty decent, though the tail shouldn't come to a point and then have a tuft on it, it should be pretty consistent.

user posted image

I can haz crits and halp?

user posted image

I've been working on a site, similar to DC, but with these for dragons. I haven't finished recoloring the s2's yet, and I'm afraid to start on the adults. xd.png

Anything wrong with these guys?

[EDIT] Typo.

Edited by Xbcdrt8741

snippitysnip

Sand - Before adding membrane, add only the wing "fingers". Try out different positions besides just outstretched, and fingers of varying lengths. Keep experimenting until it looks right.[/color]

im not sure what other positions i can really do with that??

So umm... I have no idea where to put the back wing. xd.png

I'm still learning basic anatomy so I'm not really good at dynamic poses and whatnot so I'm totally stumped right now... tongue.gif

xbcotherstuff - Uh, okay. First off, pick ONE set you want me to crit.

Sand - Besides tiki's sprite, here are a few more examples.

user posted imageuser posted image

You should take a look at the Completed List, it's very helpful.

tiki - Keep trying with just basic outlines first. Go with the wing bones, try to understand how they would look. You can also use your own hand as reference. I highly suggest doing so. It's hilarious if other people are around to observe you wiggling your hand and fingers as you try to see from different angles.

Mew - Yes, like that.

tiki - Keep trying with just basic outlines first. Go with the wing bones, try to understand how they would look. You can also use your own hand as reference. I highly suggest doing so. It's hilarious if other people are around to observe you wiggling your hand and fingers as you try to see from different angles.

That's actually... a great idea. It really does help.

And yeah, my sister just gave me the weirdest look and said "What in the world are you doing!?" as I'm sitting here making my hands in the shape of wings. xd.png