RheaZen

Rhea's Art

I changed some lines and try to make a bit more contrast is it better now?

user posted image -----> user posted image

Sand - Still not quite what I was talking about. I might need to redline... which I can't get to anytime soon D: Sorry.

Shaj - It does look a bit more vibrant, though I'm still having a bit of a hard time telling what exactly is going on. Is it based off an image? If not, can you tell me what that creature is and what the pose is supposed to be? Also, the bottom edge of the long tail is a bit jagged and could do with a slightly lighter outline.

Did two different versions...

user posted image

user posted image

I think the first one looks better...

Hrr, I think I didn't say what I wanted to say quite clearly... hrr. Okay, so on the second one the front hind foot is angled forward more than the first one's. Do that even more, about 45 degree angle, and mess with that.

Sorry I'm still not entirely sure what you mean.

user posted image

If I'm still not doing what you are saying correctly, don't worry about it. This is just a practice sprite to better help with my anatomy.

Sand and tiki, I can't really explain more because words fail me. One more day and then I'll be on spring break, kay? I'll do redlines.

Xbc, er, could you remove the excess colors and such? Otherwise, you've got the noodleyness and the plane stuff done, which is good. Thin the neck down a bit.

Thin the neck even more, smooth its curve, and shorten the front legs by lessening the angle it's bent at.

I was online when you posted that. Here I am, half an hour later, finally done with a few pixels.

I feel very smrt.

user posted image

.../shot

Doesn't look like you changed the angle at all (straighten the front legs). Neck is sufficiently thinned but due to thinning near the top, the dragon now looks like it lacks much of a chest - build up that area, both under and over.

Sand and tiki, I can't really explain more because words fail me. One more day and then I'll be on spring break, kay? I'll do redlines.

Sorry, I'm sprite-challenged. X|

But you don't need to worry about redlines if you don't want to. I was just going to do some quick (and probably crappy) shading and put it in my sig. tongue.gif

tiki - Nuuuu redlines. Fiiine. Do whatever ;p

Xbc - You'll pretty much have to resprite the front legs.

grayson - Hmm. Leave off shading for now, you've got a lot of work on anatomy to do. Did you use a base or sprite from scratch?

Edited by RheaZen

Here's the chest.

user posted image

I did resprite the legs - I'm just not sure what angle to put them on. Trust me, I redid the whole front legs.

Hmm. Make a line from the shoulder down to the "floor", then make the elbow three pixels to the left of that line. Sprite based off that.

Okay. Let's see how this goes :3

[EDIT] Last try for tonight~

user posted image

Edited by Xbcdrt8741

Xbc - ;_; Worse it's worse. Try just completely stiff legs, see what happens.

ath - Hmm. Lines are rough and the shading is spotty with an inconsistent lightsource. What exactly do you want me to say? From the sound of it, you aren't exactly going to be working on it anymore.

I was gonna get back into doing these because they were always fun. o3o

Sorry if its a little random, its just this was probably the best spriting anything I've ever done. >___>

I know it is terrible but I figured I'd see what you thought, mostly about the lines. :3 And you answered.... biggrin.gif

I'll be back with something better sooner or later! (Stalking this thread has made me want to try again!)

Ooh, I see. Well in that case smaller might be easier to work with, especially in regards to keeping lines smooth. In regards to anatomy, your dragon up there needs a chest. Also, the wing membrane stretch-lines should go more horizontally than vertically. I'll wait to see your newest thing.

Thank you. :3

I'll go smaller and give my dragons more chest. xd.png

Thankies Rhea!!! *gives plate of cookies for being awesome* o3o