steph1331

Steph's art thread

Open Read last post for information about FREE My little pony reqests

Current Requests:

1. Crystal dragon~ Waiting to hear from requester to know if they like the sketch

(Please read everything in this first post before requesting)

Hello dragon cave forum members!

From now on I will only be taking requests where I get a CB egg or hatchling in return. The reason for this is I don't feel up to do a lot of work on a request and not getting anything in return for it.

So to get a request from me, I'd like an egg or hatchling from the following species:

Reds

Pinks

Any dragon released in the 7 days of dragons

Turpentines

Embers

Terraes

Thunders

Magmas

Ices

One exception from the CB rule, is that if it is a 2nd gen purebred hatchling I will take that instead of the dragons I mentioned above.

I've been doing requests for awhile now and I enjoy doing them. It’s nice to get request because it gives me something to do when I'm inspired to draw but not inspired enough to come up with my own idea’s for drawings. (Plus it is pretty cool when you see the art you made being use as avatars and signatures <3)

Anyway, I consistently draw, dragons (Example 1 Example 2) Wolves (Example) Dogs (Dog example 1

Dog example 2 Dog example 3 Dog example 4) and Cats (Cat example 1 Cat example 2 Cat example 3) Occasionally I’ll draw something else but it normally doesn't end up coming out that great. But I would definitely like to try doing new things, so if something you want to request isn't on the list go, ahead and request! I’ll try my best at it.

If you would like to see more of my art you can watch me on Deviantart or on Furaffinity

I do draw Dragon cave dragons, But I have one restriction. I can't do any enchanted dragon yet, meaning the cheese dragon and the paper dragon. More or less because I haven't learned how to draw them yet where I would be happy with taking requests of them. I know that goes against slightly with what I just said with wanting to try new things even if it’s hard for me but for dragon cave dragons it’s different for me. So I don't do them.

As a note to add onto that, I will do Dino’s but I will do a chibi or cartoony style for them because that is how I choose to do them.

Before you request I hope you will understand the following:

Sometimes, I will do personal art between requests. I’m not putting off anybodies request, I just like working on my own art as well.

If I skip your request, Please do bring it to my attention. I might have a reason for itor I might have simply looked over it by accident.

I can and will redo or re work on a request if you don’t like it within reason. I want my requesters to be happy with their art I make for them.

The best way for me to notice you are requesting is by using this:

[COLOR=green][B]I want to make a request![/COLOR][/B]
Species:
Emotion shown in image:
What is it doing?:
Completed image should be a: Avatar/Signature/Full canvas image with BG

If all of my request slots are filled. I will take on a extra request or two in exchange for dragon cave eggs or hatchlings.

The following are the dragons I would prefer:

Terrae’s, CB, Purebred 2nd generations or Interesting 2nd gen lineages. (Egg or hatchling)

Guardians, CB only. (hatchlings only)

Red’s and pink’s that are either CB or 2nd generations with nice lineages or purebred. (Egg or hatchling)

Any dragon I do not have a even set of at least 2 male adults and 2 female adults. (Some of my sets have more then 2, in that case, I need to end up with a even amount of both males and females)

List of completed requests:

1. Winter raven- Link to picture

2. Sandface- Link to picture

3. Dragongirl- Link to picture

4. Sparkgirl- [Link]

5. dr.bieber229- [Link]

6. Drako_tamer- [Link]

7. Dreamgirl5-[Link]

8.scm7271999- DC valentine 2010- Signature user posted image

9. thewingeddragonofra- Guardian of nature: Link

10: sharlykng-Zombie thunder, Rae- Normal sized art to be resized to signatureuser posted image

11. Happy rosebud drinking a strawberry shake for Bacon_Strips user posted image

12. ArchiosLukos- Blue nebula- Normal sized artLink to image

13.Cat dragon for afa user posted imageuser posted image

14. Stone hatchling with top hat for Onixthebunny1user posted image

15. Blusang eating a carrot with a stuffed apple for animals4501 (Avatar)user posted image

16.Tsunami sitting in a dog like begging position for Sandface (avatar) user posted image

17.Thorn- Snow leoparduser posted image

18.female Soul peace for SpiritWolfe user posted image

Edited by steph1331

If my anatomy looks wrong on any of my pictures, Please tell me, I would like to know if I am wrong on a drawing so I can try to fix it if I ever draw a drawing that looks like it again.

If you ever need someone to redline a sketch, let me know - PM me, note me on devART or drop by my art thread. Thanks for sharing your artwork with us! biggrin.gif

If you ever need someone to redline a sketch, let me know - PM me, note me on devART or drop by my art thread. Thanks for sharing your artwork with us! biggrin.gif

Okay, Thanks for the offer ^^ Could you tell me how I did on the thunder dragon I just drew? I don't think I did that well on its anatomy >< and Your welcome :3

@Winteraven: I finished your thunder dragon ^^ I don't have the avatar or signature ones ready yet, but I wanted to know if this is okay?

Link to picture

Okay :3 I'll go fix the back leg then go make the signature version since I'm down with the avatar.

EDIT: Here is your avatar:

user posted image

Edited by steph1331

Sorry it took me so long to respond. I've been learning how to watercolor for the past 3 hours. ^^'

Here's the image with redlines, critiques and explanations. Wonderful job!

(link)

Its okay ^^

So I tried fixing what you said was wrong, How'd I do?

Link to image

I just realized I forgot the far wing >< I'll go fix that. I hope I got the legs right :3

I want to Request a drawing!

Animal: Dragon

Description: DC Paper dragon

Avatar, Signature, Etc: Signature please..but make it fit inside this (no border for final) user posted image

Edited by Sandface

Looks great!  You fixed it up well!!!   ....except that other wing of course, haha but no worries. tongue.gif

Awesome! ^^

and I'll get to work on you paper dragon sandface once I make a signature version of the thunder dragon for WinterRaven :3

EDIT: Is this small enough for the signature?

user posted image

Edited by steph1331

That'll still be too big. I think the max height is 300?

Okay, thank you for telling me :3 I'll go re size it again

and Yep, your welcome sandface ^^

EDIT: Is this small enough? ><

user posted image

Edited by steph1331

Just tried it in the signature. It's a tad too big still, the wing gets clips off a bit. Mind making it a bit smaller? 8D Sorry for being such a bother xd.png

Is this small enough now?

user posted image

And its okay :3

Sandface is there any other dragon I could draw for you? I've been trying to draw a paper dragon, But I am having trouble drawing it..

Edited by steph1331

Umm yeah i guess

I want to Request a drawing!

Animal: Dragon

Description: DC Canopy Dragon

Avatar, Signature, Etc: Signature please...or you can just make it regular size and i'll resize it. :3

Edited by Sandface

[bump]

your sig version of the thunder dragon is a little blurry. is this a little better?

user posted image

Edited by Sandface

Thank you for making the signature version of that picture less blury! >< Could you possibly tell me how you did that?

and I will get to work on your canopy right now :3 I've got nothing better to do lolz

Yes.. I use Adobe Photoshop Elements for my sprites/dragons. So i just saved your original picture, then i just opened it and used the Move Tool (V) and just made it smaller. It didn't go blurry. I'm not sure what you use..but it seems Elements works pretty good. biggrin.gif Sometimes though if i try and resize multiple times on the same image..it'll get blurry. So yeah.

And cool thanks! I'll be stalking till then. :3

I wish I had photoshop >< but I don't, I use GIMP to do my drawings :3 I'll probably go look around GIMP and see if it has anything that looks like it might do the same thing as photoshop did.

I've been using this website called Iaza (or something like that) to make my pictures smaller, but I have to make the picture smaller repeatedly because since I use percentages on the site to make it smaller, I don't like doing really big decrease in size because I'm afraid of making it too small ><. Which occasionally causes the picture to get blurry like the one I posted.

Yep! :3 I should hopefully be done with it by tonight ^^

EDIT: I'm really tired >< I might go to bed soon.. I just need to shade the drawing and I'll be done, So I should be able to post it tomorrow. :3

Edited by steph1331