Stunningfire

Height

I'm pretty short - around 5'1 - and 15. Both of my parents were still growing in college though so I'm hoping to still shoot up a few more inches. I don't really mind being short; I think it'd be worse to be overly tall. At least you know you'll fit everywhere.

@votehim: lol, under doors and stuff? How tall are you?

Argh, I hate growing pains. <.< I had them during my growth spurt last summer.

When I had my growth spurt I had pain down my back and legs sio badly that I bent over crying.

EDIT! So I'm still the tallest. WOOT!

Edited by dragoon1234

Most doors here are built either 6'10.6'' or 7'0.6'' as far as I know. The ones in my house are 7'2.5''.

Since he said he was 6'2'' I doubt it's the doors unless he lives/often visits an old structure.

I knew that. dry.gif What, then?

I'm 10, almost 11, and 5'1.5. (I checked recently) Taller than most of my grade. There's only about 2 people taller than me. Also, I'm starting to reach around my parents' heights, heh.

I'm a very short 5'2" sad.gif

My youngest daughter (just 19) is under 5', much to her disgust.

I did a BMI test in sport and I've already forgotten my height. :/ I'm around 5'8? I think I still have a little more growing to do, I'm just a foot or two under my older sister, and I think I'm going to be taller than her. o3o There's a four and a half year gap between us too.

BMI is a horrible thing. Ignore it at all costs.

BMI is a horrible thing. Ignore it at all costs.

Thankfully, at least, the military adjust it for frame size. I saw a locum doctor once that threw a fit over my BMI and told me the wieght she thought I should be.... I'd have to be anorexic to hit that weight! Even at full military fitness I was a good stone over it. It beats me how they seem to think that just because I may be the same height as someone built like a leaf I should weight the same amount too...

<- is built like a brick outhouse. Or, at least, if you took the bricks and arranged them into a person shape you'd get the idea.

Edited to add - I just went and checked again. According to BMI calculations then, for my height of 5'6", I should weight around 9 stone. At the point in time I had applied for the military and was passing all their fitness tests I *still* weighed 10.5 stone. As I said, the military recognised the concept of a large frame size, but it appears some GPs don't.

Edited by TikindiDragon

I'm just 5' 2 1/2" tall. I have to take up the hems every time I buy a new skirt or pair of pants.

@stunningfire no, mostly branches an awnings, a lot of the ones i see are about 6'5'' - 6'7''

I'm most worried about buying clothing, I have enough trouble already.

Thankfully, at least, the military adjust it for frame size. I saw a locum doctor once that threw a fit over my BMI and told me the wieght she thought I should be.... I'd have to be anorexic to hit that weight! Even at full military fitness I was a good stone over it. It beats me how they seem to think that just because I may be the same height as someone built like a leaf I should weight the same amount too...

<- is built like a brick outhouse. Or, at least, if you took the bricks and arranged them into a person shape you'd get the idea.

Edited to add - I just went and checked again. According to BMI calculations then, for my height of 5'6", I should weight around 9 stone. At the point in time I had applied for the military and was passing all their fitness tests I *still* weighed 10.5 stone. As I said, the military recognised the concept of a large frame size, but it appears some GPs don't.

It's more body mass index and morphological sizes. And if you're built like a brick house that works too!

I'd have to be 12 stone to be under 25 BMI - not ever gonna happen. 14 stone is as close to perfect for me (prob 13.5 stone).

I think I'm 5'2, but I want to be a few inches taller. I get really irked/scared around people that are way taller than me, which is weird. I don't know why I do though, but I'm working on it. My family is average on my mom's side and a little short on my dad's, so I must be somewhere in-between.

Oh well, at least I have younger siblings that make me feel tall. lD

I've got a brother(another brother, 15 almost), who's about 174.5 cm last time we measured(yesterday). He still wants to be about 10 cm taller than that. As his older sister(who is stuck at about 155 cm) thats not good news for me. He's already so tall! and he wants to be taller?! He says he wants to be as tall as "Jango Fett"(star wars nut!) not the actor who portrays Fett, but the height the character himself is supposed to be. And with him being so young he just might reach that height. argh!

I'm not sure because we use the metric terms. In metres I'm 1,72 m. In feet it seems to be 5'6. My grandfather was 1,98 m = 6,5 feet. But my grandmother was very small. Less than 5 feet.

I'm... 5'1".

Gym teacher measured me once, said "5 foot even." I told her to look again. >:0 I was right.

I am short but over the course of the year I do not SHRINK.

18 and not getting any taller...! Though I don't mind being short. :3

5'3. If I didn't have swayback I'd be taller. My little siblings are taller than me. It's annoying being the oldest and the shortest. <.<

Edited by sweet_smurfette

5'2"

Bear in mind I'm a dude so..I'm on the short side >3<;

I always encounter people taller than me D: