Vic

Most Annoying

Who do you think are the most annoying, obnoxious or just plain stupid video game characters? Do they have a voice that makes your ears ring? Are their attacks so useless you wonder why they're playable at all? Or are they just in dire need of an attitude adjustment? Unload your pent-up hate here!

Let the ranting begin!

Pierre in Chrono Cross, annoying and useless (useless till the very end I understand )

Bauldars gate II: Anomen (the only non mod romance available for female chars ) tended to get reallllly whiny. dry.gif

Does Navi count from Ocarina of time?=p

Yknow, I didn't find Navi that annoying. I see it as more of an internet meme. She's helpful, damn it.

Luke from Tales of the Abyss, before his personality change. I mean, he's bearable in the beginning, but then once he's obsessed with being the "goodwill ambassador," it's too much. Still, it's part of the story's development. It's good if you look at it that way.

Professor Oak. If I want to use my bike indoors, I'll do it. Stop spying on me, you stalker.

I think that Kagome in Inuyasha: The Secret of The Cursed Mask really just sucks. She always states the obvious in the events you get, she does the least amount of damage, and her techniques barely do any damage at all. Most of the time she is just a healer, but she can only heal people, not revive them, and only do one person at a time. She can't even do the Sacred Arrow attack she does in the show! Her accuracy also incredibly sucks. Yeah, she completely fails in that video game.

Death to Navi.

I WILL NOT LISTEN. Don't "hey" me like that ;A;

ON the good side of things at least she treated link better then Midna generally did XP

I can tolerate Navi. She's trying to help and she lightens up as the game progresses. But Tatl from Majora's Mask made me want to hurt things. She was a total brat and didn't even have a voice. She DING DING DING DINGED like a spastic Tinkerbell.

Yuffie from the FFVII games. And Tifa. OHGOD I HATE them. So annoying. And Yuffie just gets on my last nerve.... She's just so pushy and annoying, especially in Crisis Core. And Tifa's always feeling sorry for herself. x-x

Edited by Infinis

Luke from Tales of the Abyss, before his personality change.

Hahahaha, I actually like early-game Luke a lot, he reminds me of Haseo from GU. xd.png

Navi bothers me a ton. I honestly can't really think of any time she was all that helpful. I mean, I could have pretty much figured out what she was telling me herself for the most part, or used a guide. I didn't need her saying "HEY!" all the time. >.=.<

Character I really don't like:

Be warned, there will be spoilers, because of why I hate him.

Sakaki from .hack//GU. Attitude adjustment needed so freakin' much. He's just so smug and so "I'm so much better than you! HAHAHAHAHAHA!" it feels so damn good to kick see the smug jerk get what's coming to him. After all the crap he pulls, after what he does to Atoli... And how he just doesn't even care that he's manipulated an emotionally unstable and suicidal teen girl into being his loyal dog who will do anything he tells her to without question, then introduced her to something that could have put her in a freakin' coma and broke her so badly... And how he has the freakin' nerve to act like he's so much better than everybody else while doing it... Grrr.... The hate I feel for him cannot be put into proper words. His attitude needs a forceful adjustment. Preferably using a poison-tipped sharp and pointy object inserted into unpleasant places.

He makes me want to punch his face in every freakin' time he shows up on screen. D< He bothers me to no end.

Back when I first played Kingdom Hearts, I could not stand Kairi. She was pushy, useless, and spent all her time being kidnapped. I hated her attitude and everything about her. Lol

Then there's Ashley in Resident Evil 4. Would you just give her a gun?? She was freaking dead weight the entire game. Hated that.

And Yukari Takeba from Persona. What an ass dude. She was just mean to people for no good reason, and complained endlessly about her problems.

I agree with the Kairi thing. Seriously, she was so damsel-in-distress until Riku gave her a flipping Keyblade! (not really a legit keyblade, but still, it was pretty.)

Yuffie from the FFVII games. And Tifa. OHGOD I HATE them. So annoying. And Yuffie just gets on my last nerve.... She's just so pushy and annoying, especially in Crisis Core. And Tifa's always feeling sorry for herself. x-x

Not sure how I forgot her, hated her as well ><

Emperor Uriel Septim in Oblivion. Grr, just shut up, Captain Picard. I'm /glad/ assassins killed you and your sons.

And Martin Septim in Oblivion... Making me do chores for you... Grr...

And then there's Neeshka in Neverwinter Nights 2. So whiny, and that voice disgraces the awesome Teiflings...

Edit:

And that Anemon guy in Baulder's Gate 2, as well. Gah. I agree with whoever posted that...

As well as Morte in Planescape: Torment. Annoying floating skulls. D:

Edited by Qwackie

FF7 - Yuffie. Gaw, can not stand. And to a slightly lesser degree, I actually can't find Cloud or Tifa all that tolerable as they disintegrate into whiny idiots by disc 3.

Xenosaga - SHION. ARGH. DEATH. Her voice, her idiocy, her sheer STUPIDITY and she's supposed to be some ultimate scientist responsible for the bassa$$ness that is KOS-MOS? Gimme a break!

Arc the Lad 1 - Chongara. He's so darned useless it's unbelievable. The only thing he's good for is summoning Choko once you get her at the bottom of the Forbidden Ruins.

Arc the Lad 2 - Sania. Kind of wish she's get drop-kicked into a pit and die.

Arc the Lad 3 - LUTZ. DIE. If he wasn't so annoying, he'd be awesome as some of his attacks ROCK, but gaw! He's that obnoxious kid everyone loves to hate.

FF8 - Rinoa. Blaaaaar. Though Dead Fantasy did kind of rectify my hatred of her. smile.gif I just can't stand her on disc 1 - to me, she gets better.

FF9 - Quina Quen. I just couldn't bring myself to be able to tolerate this goofy *insert a random censor-kipz here*.

FFX - RIKKU. And this holds true for X-2 as well. Then I lost faith in humanity and stopped playing Final Fantasy. smile.gif To a lesser degree, Tidus torked me off with his stupid laugh. And Wakka with his... Wakka-ness. Especially during his cameo in X-2. I wanted to take that spike of hair of his and shove it in a wood chipper.

Sonic (all) - Amy. (takes mallet to the head of the annoying pink hedgehog) And, even worse than her, Tails. Stupid aggravating 2-tailed fox. The only time he was tolerable was in Sonic 2.

Kingdom Hearts - Yep, pile me in with all of those who can't tolerate Kairi. I like her as a motive, but nothing more. And lump in with her the Heartless, Ansem, who drove me mad with his blathering about darkness. Shtupid, shtupid Heartless of Terra/Xehanort/Xemnas/whatever.

I know this is fairly skewed to females, but do take note! Not all female characters make me angry - I adore Selphie and Quistis (FF8), Paine (FFX-2), Yuna (believe it or not!) and Lulu (FFX), KOS-MOS and MOMO (Xenosaga), Kukuru (Arc the Lad), Shante (Arc the Lad 2), Marsia (Arc the Lad 3), Rouge (Sonic), Namine (KH:CoM and KH2), Larxene (KH:CoM), Eiko (FF9) and many more, but these particular examples listed above... yick.

And males are just as bad. LUTZ. (takes a hearty moment to throttle him and wish that his distance attack had gone to someone awesome, like Velhart)

I think Rikku from Final Fantasy X is THE most annoying and obnoxious character.

I found Vanille from FFXIII quite annoying. Her constant random noises bugged me and her general attitude was annoying.

Not playable, but 343 Guilty Spark from Halo drives me insane. His voice! Oh god. And his annoyingly polite manner. sleep.gif

And then his psychotic outbursts, which I know are justified, but make the rest of his personality just that bit more suspicious and annoying.

Sephiroth in KH 1 and 2. I hate him. OHHHHHHH! So annoying!!!!!!!! I'll end there before i lose my cool. smile.gif

Sephiroth in KH 1 and 2. I hate him. OHHHHHHH! So annoying!!!!!!!! I'll end there before i lose my cool. smile.gif

I found him annoying as snot stuck in a sinus in FF7 as well. In fact, perhaps owing to his excessive over-hyped stature, I haven't been able to stand him since the late '90s. tongue.gif

Oh, I got a good one! My brother likes to play Ratchet and Clank games, and I've seen the worst villain ever: Captain Quark. OMG I just want to destroy him! He's a total moron and the worst bad guy in the history of bad guys. Pete from KH2 is also a total wuss in that department, but really, Quark is the worst.

FFXIII: Vanille ~ Just shut up and stop whining. You're not even the main character, so why the hell are you the narrator?

FFXII: Vaan ~ Same as above.

Persona 4: Teddie ~ Enough puns already!

I found Mr. Game and Watch from SSBB to be so unbearably annoying. Without his Final Smash, he's pretty much useless. His attacks seem to do nothing...and don't even get me started on the constant beeping.

I found him annoying as snot stuck in a sinus in FF7 as well. In fact, perhaps owing to his excessive over-hyped stature, I haven't been able to stand him since the late '90s. tongue.gif

Great! I'm actually buying FF VII from the playstation store in about a week. This is going to be quite annoying.

I have gotten my revenge in FF Dissidia but it still doesn't compensate.