TJ09

2011-01-20 - Tree Decorating Contest is Over!

I get the form to claim my honorable mention as well in the link. But I didn't win.

So... it is tempting to fill in my wish, but I don't want my scroll to get burned or something xd.png

Same here. So tempting to type in Holly but the fear of TJs wrath for exploiting a glitch is keeping me at bay.

You mean like sabotage!? It was a contest... o_O

Nah...

I still think it's strange. I thought the average would be 5, 6 or 7 point something and the highest would be 8 or 9 point something...

EDIT: Well, now that I think about it, I did see a number of overly-decorated ones and some without anything. Maybe that affected the average? But that still wouldn't explain why the winner is so low... huh.gif

I gave out more 1s, 2s and 3s than anything else. Those were the really badly overcrowded trees, the blank trees, and ones where the giant dragon ornaments were "strapped onto" the tree by the tinsel, or where the pieces were just randomly strewn about. Most "mainstream" trees got a 5 (possibly a 4 if there was some defect). Really nice "mainstream" trees got a 6, possibly even a 7 if they had a special touch. Well-done creative trees got 7s, 8s or 9s. I didn't give a 10, because a fantastic tree came fairly early in my voting, and I gave it a 9 to have room to go up. It then wasn't fair to give a 10 to anything unless it really was better than the one I rated with 9.

So, I suppose I was a "meanie", but I think I was consistent, so it should all even out.

Drakrono- TJ would wait for all winners to choose their eggs first.

Did any of the winners get their prize eggs yet?

I'm personally not expecting to get mine for a few days. The emails are only a couple hours old and I would think it'd make sense to give out the prizes once all or most people have stated what they want.

i get the form too.... def. a bug... we can't all be so lucky LOL. i wouldn't fill it out if you didn't get an email.

ETA: you probably weren't suppose to give out that link.

Edited by SilverDragonTears

scroll burned o.o;

ummmmm....

that wouldn't be good.

What??? blink.gif

Just in reply to above...

Sorry my brain's falling asleep after a five hour lecture,

Edited by DarkEternity

*checks e-mail*

*checks spam-folder*

*checks e-mail adress on account settings*

*checks alternative e-mail even though it is not on the account settings page*

no mail...

Still a bit disappointed even though I didn't expect to win anything. That's why I made a very simple tree with a few carefully chosen ornaments even though I didn't think it would stand a chance, because that is how I like my trees.

Oh well, a very big CONGRATULATIONS to all winners and honorable mentions (who are also winners to me...).

I hope we get to see the winning trees or even the top 200, even though it might cause some people to complain. I think it would be very sad if the fun of seeing the winners would be denied us because of a few people who just love to complain so much that they will always find a reason to complain...

I would also love to know how my tree did, though I understand the reasons TJ gave for not telling us the result of our own tree.

EDIT: I also got the HM page following the link. It's just mean to tempt us like that smile.gif

I resisted though.

Edited by Fengari

I get the form to claim my honorable mention as well in the link. But I didn't win.

So... it is tempting to fill in my wish, but I don't want my scroll to get burned or something xd.png

Did anyone try to fill in their wish? Or will you get an error? tongue.gif

Edited by BlueIce

The highest score was only slightly above average? Wow, I knew people were harsh but that is brutal, lol. No mail here.. disappointed, though not surprised. Oh well, congrats to the winners. Hope we will get to see our own tree's average score, I'm curious.

Did anyone try to fill in their wish? Or will you get an error? tongue.gif

... ... ... um... I did... ... ... ... ... ... on a lark... ... ... ... ... no error but now I'm completely freaked I'm going to lose my scroll. *cries* unsure.gif

When I went to my tree's page I typed in a slash and my username just to see what would happen and I got this message:

Viewing of others' trees will be enabled after the decorating contest is over.

...WHEN?

Edited by Momoko ~ Blossom

Okay, I checked my email, and did not see anything saying that I won. I did try that link though, and it said my tree was selected as one of the honorable mentions. I tried filling out the form, and it says, "Thank you, your prize choices have been saved." Did I actually win?!?!?!? blink.gif I don't know whether it's a glitch or the real deal! AAAARRRRGGGGHHH!!!!!

I filled it out. My e-mail hates me and doesn't let me receive/send things to tj. I I filled it out in case I did actually win

... ... ... um... I did... ... ... ... ... ... on a lark... ... ... ... ... no error but now I'm completely freaked I'm going to lose my scroll. *cries* unsure.gif

I hope your scroll won't get burned unsure.gif

Okay, I checked my email, and did not see anything saying that I won. I did try that link though, and it said my tree was selected as one of the honorable mentions. I tried filling out the form, and it says, "Thank you, your prize choices have been saved." Did I actually win?!?!?!? blink.gif I don't know whether it's a glitch or the real deal! AAAARRRRGGGGHHH!!!!!

What link?

I contacted TJ about the link. So we shall see.

I came up as HM but my email is erratic at best. Some messages never get to me.

Edited by Starscream

I think the reason that the rest of us can see it is because all the winners are anonymous and the link can't tell the difference between the winners and the non winners.

That's one evil glitch for the rest of us, totally rubs salt in ours wounds.

As much as I'd love to fill out that form, since I didn't get an email I won't. But, wow, I did nearly have a heart attack a moment on seeing that it said honorable mention for me.

Glad I kept reading to find out it's a glitch, even though I wish it wasn't.

No I doubt TJ will burn your scroll if you fill out the form but I wouldn't fill it out unless you got an email just so you aren't giving TJ more work, having to figure out which ones are winners and which ones are just random people filling out the form.