TJ09

2011-01-20 - Tree Decorating Contest is Over!

*sigh* I was hoping to at least get an honorable mention. I really wanted a holly<3. Oh well... Maybe I'll come up with something more creative and decorative next time.

The upcoming valentines will be my consolation prize! LOL

Hm. Trees are still not editable again. I'm hoping that gets reactivated... I'd enjoy playing with it some more.

That's true. I mostly gave out 7's. It's a little strange... Then again I didn't vote that much. Had other things...

Yeah, my rates were all over the place, but I did give out many 7's and several 8's and 9's. I suppose I was a lot kinder in rating than others.

This was fun, hope we get to do it again; maybe next time more items on the page to view at once with a score box underneath all pics that way we could vote more and faster - going through the many trees one by one was a little hard going on the eyes smile.gif

I second that.

Oh well, no e-mail for me.. *sigh*

My congrats to the winners and may you spread the new dragons! smile.gif

Hm...maybe there could be an actual 'list' on people that won so those that don't know if they got the e-mail can see if they won or not? Just a thought. ;P

Yeah I think there should be a list. I worry that some winners didn't get their e-mail. sad.gif

Jeez, average score 3 point something? Highest 6 point something? What, were a ton of people voting 1's?

Anyway, interesting to see now that it's done. Those statistics are pretty cool. Can't wait to see what the prize dragons look like!

It would be really better when there would be a list, so that the winner knew the have to look for an e-mail.

Congratulations to all of the winners!!!

This was a really fun contest. Thanks TJ and spriters!

Congrats to the winners!

I hope there will be option to see the score of our own trees. I'm curious ^^

Jeez, average score 3 point something?  Highest 6 point something?  What, were a ton of people voting 1's?

You mean like sabotage!? It was a contest... o_O

Nah...

I still think it's strange. I thought the average would be 5, 6 or 7 point something and the highest would be 8 or 9 point something...

EDIT: Well, now that I think about it, I did see a number of overly-decorated ones and some without anything. Maybe that affected the average? But that still wouldn't explain why the winner is so low... huh.gif

Edited by Momoko ~ Blossom

I doubt there will be a list.

We were named to make sure, we can get the mails for one.

I know that is no help against an automatic deleting spam-folder, though ^^"

But if there would be a list, I am afraid the winners would be bombarded with trade offers.

Also TJ mentioned that he doesn't even know the names, while he chose anonym as well...

Congratulations to the winners! Wow, those averages are low; most of the trees I saw deserved better averages than that (although I did see some pretty bad ones, too, but still). I'm shocked that some of the amazing trees didn't get higher average scores, though. There were some works of genius in there.

Hopefully we'll get to see the winning trees (and the cool new dragons) soon? biggrin.gif

I know that quite a few times there were either empty trees, trees that only had like one or two decorations, or trees that had decorations scattered everywhere (mostly off of the tree) so I had no choice but to either give a 1 or 2. So that may be a reason why the average votes were so low (because I'm assuming most people would give an empty tree a low score).

But most of the time, I gave an average vote of at least 4-5 to trees that were decorated, whether it was good or bad.

Edited by tikigurl91

I doubt there will be a list.

We were named to make sure, we can get the mails for one.

I know that is no help against an automatic deleting spam-folder, though ^^"

But if there would be a list, I am afraid the winners would be bombarded with trade offers.

Also TJ mentioned that he doesn't even know the names, while he chose anonym as well...

Hm... then maybe a PM just in case? I'm sure most of us use the same e-mail for the forum...

Just a suggestion...

Congrats to the winners!

Thanks tj, this was fun to do, the decorating and the rating of the other trees too!

yaaay... winnars! grats to all the winners and i cant wait to see the new dragons either.

i didnt really expect to win. too many epic trees that put mine to shame. xd.png mostly ive been waiting to play with my tree again! xd.png

Im just worried, but I PM'ed TJ, the e-mail that I used to register to DC was unused so long it shut itself down. So I have No e-mails and No Spam at all... I changed it just now to my active e-mail. But Im worried... what if I had won... and missed the e-mail... *le'sigh* I hope TJ tells me I didnt win, so I dont have to feel lame about using an inactive e-mail... I never remember to update my stats... sad.gif

The stats say how many 10s there were, I wonder how many 1s there were?

Lol! That's got me wondering, too.