Elena

Names you can't believe you got.

I'm confused... how do you even know which scroll the names were on? Any time I follow up on a dragon, the user is hidden -- maybe this one wasn't? Also, how on EARTH did people swoop in and get so many names from it so quickly? Do you guys keep written lists of what name is where, or something?

*raises shield*

*squees incoherently*

Been stalking for sooooo long: Evil, Bug, Metallic, Infinity, Hellfire, Fear, Juggernaut, Battery, Gorgon

Grats on all the other great catches everyone else :3

edit: because my spelling is just that bad tongue.gif

DANNG I was also stalking that one! ;_; Congrats on Evil....

But is this a dream? I just got Badass. ohmy.gif (And I hope thats not a burnable-offense...)

I'm confused... how do you even know which scroll the names were on? Any time I follow up on a dragon, the user is hidden -- maybe this one wasn't? Also, how on EARTH did people swoop in and get so many names from it so quickly? Do you guys keep written lists of what name is where, or something?

This.

It seems like all of my wishlist is always taken. I keep waiting for them to purge but they never do.

@ dragonico: akjdhakjdsh congrats! I was stalking those names in particular too. ;n; So excited when I saw the names had purged... the excitement gradually died down as I failed to grab one after another. xP

@ Kelkelen: Well, it changes from person to person. Sometimes you'll come across a name that is on a scroll with the name and link showing. This isn't always common though - a lot of players nowadays choose to hide their scroll names/scrolls/adult dragons. Grabbing the names is a matter of persistence. You just need to keep trying over and over. Repetitively. For months on end, sometimes. @-@ And you've always got to be prepared that others are going after the same things as you are (as dragonico's current catches demonstrate :P) so it's really a matter of being in the right place at the right time.

Edited by Varekis

Thanks for the reply! It kind of amazes me...people will really just try fifty or so names daily, in hopes that one frees up? And then if a day comes when a bunch are free, you figure they were all on the same scroll -- but you didn't know, right up until the point they were free? I'm amazed. I routinely try about three names daily, myself. smile.gif

And, somehow, I just got:

Girl Scout

Girl Scouts

Boy Scouts

Thin-Mint

Tagalong

Samoa

Do-Si-Do

Hahaha. You can totally tell what I'm hungry for, today!

Got Obsequies. It's another word for 'funeral', so I was very surprised to grab it.

Also got a bunch of names from the Finder/Viewfinder yaoi series. smile.gif

Thanks for the reply! It kind of amazes me...people will really just try fifty or so names daily, in hopes that one frees up? And then if a day comes when a bunch are free, you figure they were all on the same scroll -- but you didn't know, right up until the point they were free? I'm amazed. I routinely try about three names daily, myself. smile.gif

I pretty much just watch names with scroll names that are showing. If I like the name enough, and IF the user looks inactive, I'll bookmark their scroll and... stalk them. |D

You go through their dragons and look for other nice names they might have, too, of course. Which is why you end up with people getting so many names from the same person.

--

lolol, got Leaping Lizards Batman, just for fun. o3o ...And possibly to help console myself.

*sighs* I knew I should have stayed up an hour longer... Congrats on the names, guys

Managed to grab Multicolor but meh.

@ Kelkelen: For the most part, I tend to stalk names when I need to name hatchies and occasionally out of complete boredom. <: I've only ever keenly watched three scrolls (2 of which later became active again D;) so I have a preference towards trying individual names. Such an amazing moment when you see that little tick next to the naming box though. :B

@ Painter: I did similar, though I question my efforts. Grabbed MAJOR SADFACE last night. Defs making myself feel better? XD I'll probably get over the name soon enough. .3.

I have three names I try every day without fail, but they're all on semi-active users' scrolls, and one of the dragons even has a description with its name it. :c Otherwise, I just try random names or words I like.

I can't seem to find this in the FAQ or in this thread... could someone remind me of what you type if you want to see a dragon of a certain name, again? Thanks in advance!

ETA: Thanks very much, Varekis. biggrin.gif

Edited by Kelkelen

I can't seem to find this in the FAQ or in this thread... could someone remind me of what you type if you want to see a dragon of a certain name, again? Thanks in advance!

Type:

www.dragcave.net/view/n/<name here>

Oooooh, stinker! The same person has Jean Valjean, Enjolras, Grantaire, The Little Prince, Sepulchre, Xanatos, Kyrie, AND Flying Spaghetti Monster! *shakes fist dramatically* I've tried for all of those (the first three daily, as I'm working on a lineage w/ Les Mis names)! Oh, and the lyrics to "Do You Hear the People Sing?" in both English *and* French.

...I'm a little creeped out, in fact... get out of my heeeaaaad...

...and hehe, scroll-spying is a lot of fun. I love seeing how other people organize their naming!

Edited by Kelkelen

...and hehe, scroll-spying is a lot of fun.  I love seeing how other people organize their naming!

Wut is this? ORGANIZED NAMING? NO. ONE DOES NOT SIMPLY ORGANIZE NAMES ON A SCROLL. Well at least I don't. I have the most random names EVER. >:)

This is racist. :| nothing to see there, move along.

NO INTENDED RACISM. SERIOUSLY. DON'T COMPLAIN.

Edited by TVTD

I got these today :]

Diamond Weapon

Ultimate Weapon

and Limit Break

This is racist. :| nothing to see there, move along.

NO INTENDED RACISM. SERIOUSLY. DON'T COMPLAIN.

Silly, that's not racist, this is Racist.

Reading the methods people use to stalk scrolls is kind of creepy. I mean, I understand how it's the easiest and most rewarding method to get a bunch of names, but... I just can't help but think of this =) Lol.

Silly, that's not racist, this is Racist.

Reading the methods people use to stalk scrolls is kind of creepy. I mean, I understand how it's the easiest and most rewarding method to get a bunch of names, but... I just can't help but think of this =) Lol.

8D That's awesome. ...I wonder if there are any time vultures following me.

Edited by Saloiq

Infinity, Hellfire, Fear

-weeps-

Gorgon is mine though xd.png;; It made me run to re-check when I saw that on your list.

I need to find some obscure scoll to stalk so there's no competition and I can harvest names in peace ;~;

@ Var: Oooh Province, nice! x3

Edited by sparkdragon

Gorgon is mine though xd.png;; It made me run to re-check when I saw that on your list.

xd.png paha, I always do something like this! Grats! laugh.gif

I've been gone for a few years, so when I started back none of my dragons had named anymore. sad.gif

darn, I traded the name Electabuzz with Hei last night but she responsed at 1 AM here and remove her name immediately and when I wake up it was taken by someone else DARRRRRRRRRRRNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN