athdaraxen

Athy's Banners and Graphics

I can has avatar?

I WANT AN AVATAR!!

Username: Dr. Paine

Subjects: Portal- preferably, GLaDOS around the Portal 2 design. (This.)

Color: Ah... Something like this? (Not this image, obviously, but it's the kind of color scheme I'd like)

Text, if any: It's been a long time. (preferably wispy script, and if it doesn't clash, in a light blue color. I'll trust you to make it look nice xd.png)

Code word: Cheese.

Of course Dr. Paine!!! I would love to make you a shiny new avatar!!! I will put you on my list then. smile.gif

I won't be getting to it until tomorrow afternoon (EST) because it is 1 AM here and I have work in the morning... xd.png

Thank you so much for requesting something! biggrin.gif

Of course Dr. Paine!!! I would love to make you a shiny new avatar!!! I will put you on my list then. smile.gif

I won't be getting to it until tomorrow afternoon (EST) because it is 1 AM here and I have work in the morning... xd.png

Thank you so much for requesting something! biggrin.gif

Not a problem, thank you for making it ^^ I need a Portal something to round out my avatar/signature thing, it represents my four great loves xd.png (And Portal/Doctor Who get the spots of honor as avatar and signature banner, respectively :K)

And if I can think of any new designs, I may request another badge/banner or two for the Legion... o I can just leave you to your own devices on that one xd.png

I've never gotten a chance to play Portal or Portal 2....they are on the Xbox 360 right? (If I remember right) Since I have one I'll have to hunt down both games. <3

I had been planning on making some new Legion banners actually so they will come eventually! smile.gif

Please excuse the bump but.... Fireball. It's done... smile.gif It wasn't until after I started the color that I discovered Paint Tool SAI (Thanks Cudo!!!) so the lines aren't as awesome as they should be.... From here on out I plan to use SAI for all linework... I'm sorry if its not as good as it could be.... I plan to re-do this at some point in SAI....

Regardless, I'm still so happy about this. My first ever art request done! (Sure I'm dead-tired and its 20 minutes to 2 A.M.) It's done and I'm so proud of it. smile.gif

user posted image

Sig sized...

user posted image

EDIT: I Forgot to Make It Transparent.... *goes to fix it*

Fireball fixed it.. smile.gif Thanks. biggrin.gif

Edited by athdaraxen

It looks amazing! I can try to make it transparent.

EDIT: Transparent!

user posted image

Edited by fireball225

It looks amazing! I can try to make it transparent. smile.gif

Go for it... my Photoshop is being mean to me for over working it today. lol

Anywho, I'm going to go to bed now as it is now 2 A.M. and I am so very sleepy.... O_o

I am truly glad you like it Fireball. smile.gif Thanks again for being my first dragon requester! <3

Now for the news...

OP UPDATE.

sharlykng is up next along with Dr. Paine's avatar...

Multiple banners are expected.

That is all.

>____________>

Goodnight. <3

Nice pose ^^ But the tail connecting to the body seems kinda improportionate to the belly...

Nice pose ^^ But the tail connecting to the body seems kinda improportionate to the belly...

Yeah, that's one of my usual mess-up actually. Dragon anatomy is not something I'm great at... that's why I'm looking to improve.

Thanks for pointing that out sharlykng, I appreciate all critique given to me. It makes me feel good to know you looked at it enough to see its flaws actually. smile.gif

Also, what are the thoughts on shading? I've never done much in Photoshop so I experimented a little... Your thoughts and critiques are always welcome. <3

Edited by athdaraxen

>~<" I didn't want to seem rude... According to earthgirl's tutorials on dragons, they generally have bold chests, wings of any size, as long as they end at where the tail begins...

The front forearm seems like it's pasted on also... You know, those pop-ups stuff and likes? The thigh looks too thin to be connected to the main body... That's all I think. >~<"

EDIT: Shading seems very minimal... not too defined, like it's in a place with dimmed lights. It's quite okay actually, since I'm not that good at shading myself.

Edited by sharlykng

O_O

Wow.... that's a lot. Don't worry about sounding rude. As long as you are serious about it I take all criticism into consideration.

The thing about tutorials....I don't like them. I've been drawing dragons since I was 8, I learn by studying others dragons, not by do tutorials. tongue.gif I don't mean to be mean or anything about it, I just simply have never used them....I didn't even know she had one... (She is a great artist though.)

I can assure you the front forearm isn't pasted on there. smile.gif The shading makes it look like that though now that I look at it more.

The thigh was giving me trouble... as much as I love to try and draw sitting dragons... I always mess up their thighs. tongue.gif

And you are right about the shading... I did try some new stuff in hopes of making it work but I always have had that problem with Digital Art... I can never get enough shading on them.... and when I do... it looks funny. O_o

I'm off to go to work now... but if anybody has any other criticism about the Holly and The Leetle, please feel free to post here and tell me your thoughts! I will poke at them once I return!

Edited by athdaraxen

The shading's not too bad, you just have to remember where the light source is coming from and stick to it. Not sure if you did this or not but it certainly helps to have the "lighting" on a different layer.

I think if the picture looked cleaner, then little anomalies mentioned above wouldn't be as noticeable. If it helps, the way I color my requests is that I do the lines in black or another dark color (like dark red/brown). Then I make a new layer beneath it and flat color everything, keeping each unique color to it's own layer. From there, I use "Layer Clip" (SAI's name for it) and add the shading of each color to each separately. Umm, re-reading this it sounds confusing but... well we can talk about it if you're confused and want to try it. xd.png

Otherwise, seriously hun this is a great first painting. smile.gif

I know I was supposed to be leaving but I had to come check this again real quick before I left....

I would like to try your way... its a little confusing but I think I get what your saying. smile.gif And I did try to stick to a light source but I tend to fail at it in some part and mess things up. tongue.gif

The clean lines was what I had trouble with... I had done this in Photoshop and I used the Paintbrush instead of the Pencil... so it had all the white line stuff... I tried to make it go away but I failed at it. tongue.gif

I've been experimenting with a SAI/Photoshop combination that I may start doing from now on.... Most of it is done in SAI but I switch to Photoshop to fix things... its weird but it works, I'll post a picture of a dragon at some point (just a quick one) to show you what I've been poking at. smile.gif

Edited by athdaraxen

Sweet. Can't wait to see it.

As a note: I often use photoshop to color the clip masks (Layer clips, in SAI) after I've put in the flat colors. But you can just do it all in SAI, or do it your way as well. ^^

I WANT AN AVATAR!!

Username: Shadow Flare

Subjects: Shadowy flame things and black dragon.

Color: Purple, black and a little bit of red

Text, if any: Shadow Flare

Code word: Cheese

Thank you! smile.gif

I can has avatar?

I WANT AN AVATAR!!

Username: Dr. Paine

Subjects: Portal- preferably, GLaDOS around the Portal 2 design. (This.)

Color: Ah... Something like this? (Not this image, obviously, but it's the kind of color scheme I'd like)

Text, if any: It's been a long time. (preferably wispy script, and if it doesn't clash, in a light blue color. I'll trust you to make it look nice xd.png)

Code word: Cheese.

Tis done my friend. <3 If its wasn't what you were looking for then I'd be happy to have another go at it!

I ended up using that picture you gave me due to the fact it was the best one I could find of her in such a setting. smile.gif The blue was fun to do as well!

I hope the text is wispy enough for you!

user posted image

I WANT AN AVATAR!!

Username:Ninetails

Subjects: Half human ninetails posing I guess?

Color:Yellow?

Text, if any:

Code word:CHEESE

Tis done my friend. <3 If its wasn't what you were looking for then I'd be happy to have another go at it!

I ended up using that picture you gave me due to the fact it was the best one I could find of her in such a setting. smile.gif The blue was fun to do as well!

I hope the text is wispy enough for you!

user posted image

Works perfectly biggrin.gif

Yay, my graphics are complete! biggrin.gif -is again thankful for the people who do this for those who can't-

I WANT AN AVATAR!!

Username:Ninetails

Subjects: Half human ninetails posing I guess?

Color:Yellow?

Text, if any:

Code word:CHEESE

Hello Ninetails! I've seen you a ton on the forums from my stalking! I am so happy that you requested!

I will start on yours afters Shadow Flare. smile.gif

Thank you so much for requesting!!!

EDIT: I'm so glad you like it Dr. Paine! I learned a few new tricks by making yours! smile.gif

Edited by athdaraxen

Ok Shadow Flare! Here it is... It's a lot harder to work with nothing so I did my best... but don't worry if you don't like it I'll be happy to make you a new one. smile.gif (You won't hurt my feelings or anything I promise.)

user posted image

Edited by athdaraxen

Ok Shadow Flare! Here it is... It's a lot harder to work with nothing so I did my best... but don't worry if you don't like it I'll be happy to make you a new one. smile.gif (You won't hurt my feelings or anything I promise.)

user posted image

It's excellent! Thank you very much! biggrin.gif *Is very happy