eltica

How many hatcheries do YOU use?

I use a heap of clicksites but my eggs never get sick as I only admit them when they reach 5 days. At the moment, I'm using EATW, AoND, Silvi's Lair and DragHatch :3

When I first started, I used Dragon Dump, Valley Sherwood, DDF, Silvi's Lair, DragHatch, EATW, Allure of Neglected Dragons, and Egg Drop Soup all at the same time. Then my eggs started constantly getting sick. For a long period of time, I only used Dragon Dump, DDF, and Valley Sherwood, but now I use all of them, but I don't add eggs in right away, I wait until they're at around 6 days, then I add them. Or, I just randomly visit hatcheries when I feel like it, so it's kind of staggered.

As soon as I get an egg I just plop it in Daily Dragon Fix. A day later I add it into either Valley Sherwood or Allure of Neglected Dragons.

Sometimes I put the egg into DDF and AoND at the same time. Eggs have only gotten softshell if I put them in 3 hatcheries too soon.

I do not add any eggs to any sites until they are at approximately 6 days (5 if I incubated). The sites I use regularly are:

Eggs Around the World and Valley Sherwood

If I have any stubborn rares I also plop them into Silvi's Lair and Allure of Neglected Dragons. Er dragons get added to all 4, plus Egg Drop Soup.

I've had to use a lot more hatcheries than usual recently. Currently it seems to me like all hatcheries give hardly any views at all to non-ER eggs. (At least during the times when I'm awake.)

It's weird, sometimes even ER eggs get only 10 views or so per minute from AoND and EATW combined. blink.gif

I've had to use a lot more hatcheries than usual recently. Currently it seems to me like all hatcheries give hardly any views at all to non-ER eggs. (At least during the times when I'm awake.)

It's weird, sometimes even ER eggs get only 10 views or so per minute from AoND and EATW combined. blink.gif

Ditto

EATW is absolutely sluggish lately. sad.gif

Hatcheries only work if users give back views. I am seeing far fewer unique views than in the past, which means fewer players are participating. Just dropping your eggs on a site and leaving them there without giving back any views is not helpful. Most sites have an automated viewer that you can just run in a separate window while you are browsing.

Hatcheries only work if users give back views. I am seeing far fewer unique views than in the past, which means fewer players are participating. Just dropping your eggs on a site and leaving them there without giving back any views is not helpful. Most sites have an automated viewer that you can just run in a separate window while you are browsing.

Agreed. smile.gif

I am having bandwidth issues and cannot leave them running all the time, but I generally complete one to three cycles on EATW daily, sometimes half an hour or so on AoND and EDS. It was suggested years ago that if everyone let the viewer run for even 15 minutes on sites where you post your eggs, everyone would get sufficients views.

This does not mean a player needs to sit there, clicking eggs. No clicking is necessary. Just open it on a tab in the background, and do other things, letting the viewer accumulate views. While overall views are necessary, it is the unique views that are most needed for an egg's or hatchling's health.

I tend to just use Allure of the neglected. Never had a problem with that. If I want my egg to hatch dot on the 4 day mark, or if for some reason it's not getting enough views, I might drop it into Silvi's or EATW

I like just having the Allure viewer running in the backrground on max settings for the few minutes I'm online.

I tend to stick them in Allure of Neglected and Silvi's at the same time--usually when they've got five days left. They never get sick at that point in their development unless someone is maliciously viewbombing.

Sometimes I'll stick them in Eggs Around the World too, but they don't usually need to go there, so it's not a usual practice of mine. But if AoND shuts down for any length of time, I'll probably start sticking them in EAtW until it goes back up again.

....sorry for the accidental swear, blame my phone for mixing up 'i' and 'u' /blushy emote

Edited by silver_chan

I only use one (AoND)

I don't see why people use so many (,unless they're trying to get a neglected dragon).

I can usually get enough views from one site so my eggs will hatch at 4 days.

Edited by 12Me21

I wait for 6 days 3 hours, then add them to five. Never had soft shell with this method smile.gif

I use AoND and EATW 99.9% of the time.

Same here. I have used others in the past, but these two seem to be the best for my dragons.

I add most of my eggs to AoND around mid-6 days, then to EATW at mid-5 days. The second may not be necessary for most breeds, but I suppose I'm impatient to see cracks! xd.png

Obviously some hard-hatching breeds like prizes, colossus, nhios, etc I'll toss into Silvi's Lair, or sometimes DragHatch.

New release periods/holidays require more caution in using hatcheries, because there are more people using the them and eggs can get overexposed compared to normal rates, but I think most in this thread are aware of that.

Edited by Gryphonic

I wait until they hit 4 days and under then add them to all the hatcheries. Always works well.

Allure of Neglected Dragons and Valley Sherwood. Sometimes Eggs around the world too. Although, sometimes, I spam eggs on hatcheries if needed. (But the spamming eggs are mostly only if I'm doing a neglected dragon experiment)

Edited by eaaem

I use about 2 or 3, unless they're ER. The ER ones go to 4 or 5.

I have found five, but I normally use just one or two.

I like Neglected Dragons, cause it can be checked for sick eggs.

I like Valley Sherwood, it says when the next egg can hatch/hatchling can mature. You can also view the line.

I use four hatcheries. I put my eggs in Silvi's lair for the first 12 hours then I put them in Valley Sherwood, Allure of Neglected Dragons and TheEvina's DragHatch.

That way if one goes down I still have the others.

Edited by Cireth

I use AoND and EATW on normal dragons, and those 2 + Hatching Club, Silvi's Lair, Valley Sherwood, and a couple of other hatchieres for ERs.

Daily Dragon Fix--I add eggs immediately here

AonD--After ~12 hours I add here

I incubate eggs when I see the first crack.

If they have <8 hours to hatching post-incubate, I add to EATW.

If they have >8 hours to hatching, I leave them be.

On regular eggs, never had issues with soft-shell. And they always hatch/grow up in time. The only time I ER eggs is if I completely forget adding them to AoND.

(On Holiday eggs, I roughly do the same thing time-wise except they go to DDF after being ~12 hours old)

I use only one on a regular basis, Valley Sherwood, since it's nice and simple and I'm most used to it - I've always been putting my eggs and hatchlings there. Sometimes I also use the Allure of Neglected Dragons, but not too often, since VS is enough, at least for me. ~

I use three of them... EATW, The Hatching Club, and Pet Hatchery.

I used to add my eggs right away, but now I wait a day or so before I add them in.