twin card

Which came first egg or chicken?

a circle doesn't have a begging true? then where did you put your pencil when you drew it?

I would say the egg... unless it's one of those Adam and Eve things... if you're a Christian that is.

The answer is simple for me. The egg came first. Cause eggs are for breakfast. Chicken is for lunch. Simple solution. ^^'

The egg from the thing almost exactly like a chicken.

Was bored so was reading and this grabbed my attention.

How come nobody came up with: EGG because of the BIG-BANG theory? biggrin.gif

Our universe came in being from somebody cracking an egg into a pan... hasn't finished cooking the egg so we're still expanding... and well, chickens came in being when somebody added some herbs...

*whistles*

Yah, I know... my brain's scrambled. biggrin.gif

I still love the HP response. I think that makes the most sense out of it all... but then again...

Aren't paradoxes circles in and of themselves?

Egg! cuz in evolutanary of vertabrits it when:

--------------------------------->Birds

Fish->amphibanes->retiles<

--------------------------------->Mamales

and those who laied eggs were, fish, amphibanes, retiles, and then birds. Eggs have been around longer than chickens.

Edited by libby2999

The egg came first because the egg came from something that later evolved into the chicken.

Egg! cuz in evolutanary of vertabrits it when:

--------------------------------->Birds

Fish->amphibanes->retiles<

--------------------------------->Mamales

and those who laied eggs were, fish, amphibanes, retiles, and then birds. Eggs have been around longer than chickens.

I never thought about that: who said we were talking about CHICKEN eggs?

Christians and Catholics say chicken, so I guess I will have to say chicken too...

but it does make sense that the egg came first than the chicken, I never thought about the evolutions and all that. :3

"I think the answer is that a circle has no beginning."

Quoted from Harry Potter. Yes, it wins again.

"What came first? The Pheonix or the flame?"

As for the actual question? Egg, chicken had to hatch somehow. What laid the egg? Shush.

I am a Christian and said egg. I feel special.

EDIT: Now if I wanted to get smart, I'd choose the obvious answer and say that TJ's sprite was the first.

Edited by CYDA LUVA83

I would say chicken, as I believe in god, and the Bible says that God made animals, not eggs or whatever. Although in reality, This might have been a simplification, but I prefer not to head into the dangerous territory of trying to interpret the Bible, as I do not trust myself to so so correctly.

I would have to say that chickens evolved from single cell organisms, as we all did, and so the first to arrive on the scene was the chicken when then developed the ability to lay eggs..

ergo:

the chicken came first.

egg. it's how evolution is.

ah, but you had to have two chickens evolve suffciently enough to mate and produce the egg....

Scientists say it was the Chicken...

Now British scientists claim to have finally come up with the definitive answer: The chicken.

The scientific and philosophical mystery was purportedly unraveled by researchers at Sheffield and Warwick universities, according to the Daily Mail newspaper.

The scientists found that a protein found only in a chicken's ovaries is necessary for the formation of the egg, according to the paper Wednesday. The egg can therefore only exist if it has been created inside a chicken.

The protein speeds up the development of the hard shell, which is essential in protecting the delicate yolk and fluids while the chick grows inside the egg, the report said.

"It had long been suspected that the egg came first but now we have the scientific proof that shows that in fact the chicken came first," said Dr. Colin Freeman, from Sheffield University's Department of Engineering Materials, according to the Mail.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38238685/ns/te...chicken-or-egg/

hahaha, thank you, soulless,

see! what I said... lol

A lot of scientists are just in it for the fame.

LOL my science teacher, tsk tsk too many lectures about the world ending ^^ No but in all seriousness the chicken would have to come first.

Not a problem.

For those confused, let me explain.

There is a protein made by a female chicken that is only found in chicken eggs. If the egg lacks that protein it cannot be a chicken egg. The chicken came first, it hatched out of a non-chicken egg, since the previous generation lacked the protein, and probably had some other protein in place.

Thus the chicken actually came first.

Scientific miracles! ohmy.gif

Not a problem.

For those confused, let me explain.

There is a protein made by a female chicken that is only found in chicken eggs. If the egg lacks that protein it cannot be a chicken egg. The chicken came first, it hatched out of a non-chicken egg, since the previous generation lacked the protein, and probably had some other protein in place.

Thus the chicken actually came first.

Scientific miracles! ohmy.gif

B'aww, I came into this thread planning to say that. dry.gif

I asked my dad this question.

Of course, he brang religion into the topic by saying, "God made the chicken first, and the chicken created the egg."

I thought over the question, trying NOT to bring religion into the topic... It was actually quite hard. I don't think there is any other way. >.< Anyway, I do agree with my dad. The chicken comes first, I believe. smile.gif