twin card

Which came first egg or chicken?

Well, perhaps it's not which came first, but instead, which will end first? 🤔

This is a good question and science is now finding out that more species of animals ccan, if no male is around to fertilize an egg, the female can do so on her own, but so far, only male offspring result from this self-fertilization.  When the male off spring matures, things get back to normal except that the gene pool is lessened because the male will then procreate with the females around it, ie: mother and sisters, if no other females are around.

So my guess is that the EGG came first...

Edited by Husky51

"Which came first, the chicken or the egg? Science has now come up with an answer to this riddle. It seems that all new species develop from a genetic mutation; if this is successful for survival then the new genes are passed on to the following generations and a new species is born. The first chicken was a mutation of its avian parents and its life began in its egg before it hatched. So it was the egg that came first and hatched into what eventually became the Red Junglefowl or Gallus gallus of Southeast Asia, one of four distinct wildfowl, which is thought to be the ancestor of all domestic fowl." --The Illustrated Guide to Chickens by Celia Lewis, AKA the greatest book in the universe

As far as Dragon Cave goes,  definitely the Egg came first, then my little Chicken hatched.

I did get my chicken egg first and was I happy as heck to get my very first!!

Does the egg have a navel ? XD Does the chicken ? First navel came second.

To those literalists among us - yes I do know.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

I think the egg came first, because prehistoric animals evolved from species that lived in the water, which nearly all reproduce by eggs?

On 5/3/2018 at 5:45 PM, Husky51 said:

This is a good question and science is now finding out that more species of animals ccan, if no male is around to fertilize an egg, the female can do so on her own, but so far, only male offspring result from this self-fertilization.  When the male off spring matures, things get back to normal except that the gene pool is lessened because the male will then procreate with the females around it, ie: mother and sisters, if no other females are around.

So my guess is that the EGG came first...

I believe those eggs are always FEmale, not male. Partenogenesis, offspring has the mother's genes, can't be male then (unless the species genders based on sth alse than genes I bet? some animals can even "genderfulid" later in life if there's not enough of the opposite sex. It's a very broad subject, I just know some facts, but not all of it)

Egg was first because that's how evolution works. 

Even on DC when you breed a hybrid first, you breed breeds A and B to get the hybrid H egg. The egg is the first of H you get. Only then it hatches and can produce more H. Although DC is very lame on those things (come on, no species would be able to go on with just males! and 2 headed animals are normally handicapped  and such trait wouldn't establish as the new norm, etc.), that part is accurate enough.

Edited by Meh

I wish at times that we could cross breed two different breedables and get a MIX of the two, not just one or the other, but I understand the difficulty involved in creating the mixed sprite...

the egg came and it been like that for a long time but if your saying what was in the was a chicken i whould still say the egg came first

On 12/26/2018 at 11:44 PM, Aqub said:

The egg came first; dinosaurs laid eggs. :lol:

Who laid the dinosaur ?

On 1/4/2019 at 10:07 AM, Fuzzbucket said:

Who laid the dinosaur ?

Probably something that wasn't quite qualified to be called a dinosaur yet... (evolution after all?) Same with the chicken. :huh:

I have a lovely joke about this but I can’t tell it here. Falls over. 

Better question, if an egg falls on the ground and there is no dog to help out, do you just stare at it in sadness and wish you had a dog?