Saif

Pet Peeves

When I forget to remove my favorite soft, fluffy blanket off the couch and come back later only to realize that our one cat, Willy, aka 'Meatloaf', who also loves that blanket, jumped up on it and sucked on it, leaving soggy, disgusting wet splotches all over it. dry.gif

Edited by MedievalMystic

Groups of people who walk too slowly and for some reason walk side by side so it blocks all possible ways of passing them. At least walk in a line and let people pass! I even encountered this group of boys who knew I was behind them and didn't even care. I was late as censorkip.gif for my class and these idiots were blocking my path and walking super slow. When they stopped, they didn't even open a way for people to pass, I had to push them and go through the middle of them to pass! And they even looked at me like I was being rude! Wtf!

Smoking- it just smells so bad and the smell lingers forever

Talking in class- the reason you're failing this class is because you won't shut your damn mouth

People who try talking to me when I'm reading/ doing homework- no, I don't want to talk to you, I'm trying to do something. Go away.

People who move slow and block the path for you- I have somewhere to be and you're in my way. At least move to the side so people can pass.

People who endlessly talk about their opinions- I don't care that you're not a vegetarian, you don't need to explain why for the fiftieth time to me.

oooh kitsune93 I totally agree about the people-in-the-path thing. I'm like "Come on, the right side of the sidewalk is where you walk, leave the left side open so I can get by you!!"

And people who hold hands/walk shoulder-to-shoulder on the sidewalk. And then they glare at me when I push past them like I'm the rude one.

Also, people who interrupt me. That's right up there.

People who don't say please or thank you.

Not looking both ways before you cross the street. I don't want to hit you, please look up before crossing the street (literally hit someone on my bike once because they stepped out in front of my bicycle JUST as I was going by them- the popped out from between 2 cars so I had no idea they were there. *sigh* *shakes head*

Not looking both ways before you cross the street.

Ugh. This. People who look the wrong way first and think it's safe to continue.

Cars drive on the right side here, people crossing streets have to look to their left first because that's the side cars are coming from when you first step into the road

However, people here always look at their right before looking left and throw themselves to the road. Then look at me surprised because we almost crashed! Really?!

Disappearing socks. Where do they go? They don't just walk away by themselves. And yet, I have a few 'lost' socks with no mates. I put them on at home, I take them off at home. And somehow, someway, one goes poof, a lot of times never to be seen again. It's mind boggling.

Edited by MedievalMystic

Disappearing socks. Where do they go? They don't just walk away by themselves. And yet, I have a few 'lost' socks with no mates. I put them on at home, I take them off at home. And somehow, someway, one goes poof, a lot of times never to be seen again. It's mind boggling.

omg yes this. And then, if you ever DO find them, they're somewhere that doesn't make any sense whatsoever!

its the Sock Monster it comes in when your asleep and takes them away

when I was a kid I would go to sleep with my socks on and wake up with only one on, no matter how much I looked I could never find the other one and then there was the ones that disappeared on their own

so I came up with the Sock Monster and to this day I still believe in the Sock Monster

(if you are going to tell a little kid about the Sock Monster make it clear that it only wants Socks, everyone younger than me in my family believes in the Sock Monster)

this more confuses me than annoys or anything

people who make fun of me because I'm 23 and live with my mum and younger siblings, these same people still live with their parents in their parents house

at least I can say that I own my house

Pepole who hate Minecraft, cats, Pokemon, Warrior cats, dragons, ect cetera. But only when they upset me on purpouse about it. Also, dumb pepole, pepole who call me ignorant or naive, Pikachu lovers, unfriendly pepole. The list goes on and on.

People who complain about Christmas music, yes, even when it's not December. I happen to LOVE Christmas music any time of the year, and if I'm in a particular Christmasy mood, I want to be able to listen to it without hearing people b*tch about it not even being Halloween or Thanksgiving yet. Yes, those two holidays are nice, but imo, Christmas outshines all other holidays. It makes me happy, and you are party poopers. tongue.gif

People who complain about Christmas music, yes, even when it's not December. I happen to LOVE Christmas music any time of the year, and if I'm in a particular Christmasy mood, I want to be able to listen to it without hearing people b*tch about it not even being Halloween or Thanksgiving yet. Yes, those two holidays are nice, but imo, Christmas outshines all other holidays. It makes me happy, and you are party poopers. tongue.gif

It's a matter of it being seasonal. Why did we decide the Christmas season needs to extend for some three months? It's an economically fueled decision, that's it. If people are in a Christmasy mood for longer, they're spending for longer. Either way, it's not about to other holidays being nice, it's that it's just too soon. It's like seeing ads on TV for water parks in the middle of March when there's three feet of snow and ice outside. It's not seasonally appropriate.

The disappearing socks get reincarnated as the extra coat hangers that always seem to multiply in the back of the closet, so that when you need a hanger for whatever reason, you reach in and pull out a tangle of about seventeen.

People who fail to drive like they should. It is really that hard to use a turn signal when switching lanes or turning a corner?!

It's a matter of it being seasonal. Why did we decide the Christmas season needs to extend for some three months? It's an economically fueled decision, that's it. If people are in a Christmasy mood for longer, they're spending for longer. Either way, it's not about to other holidays being nice, it's that it's just too soon. It's like seeing ads on TV for water parks in the middle of March when there's three feet of snow and ice outside. It's not seasonally appropriate.

Well where I'm from it usually starts snowing around Halloween, so it feels like appropriate seasonal wintertime for me. Also, I am dirt poor and can barely afford to give any of my friends and family gifts over the $5 range, so I don't personally consider Christmas an economically driven holiday, and I am sorry it makes others feel that way. Christmas is about the birth of Jesus to me, and I think it should be celebrated not just on December 25th, but all year round. I also find most of the music highly peaceful. My husband in particular is Mister Scrooge. He never wants to listen to Christmas music, and he just barely tolerates it on Christmas day. I want to bust out the tree as well but he won't let me until December first. It's really annoying. The season is about giving, and even if you're not Christian, there is the celebration of the winter solstace, and Saturnalia, and a bunch more festivities. Christmastime is right after the beginning of winter, and the winter season extends till March 20th or so. I'm not trying to debate or anything; I'm just saying I have the right to listen to my christmas music without hearing people grumble in the car, on facebook, or on the streets.

People who fail to drive like they should. It is really that hard to use a turn signal when switching lanes or turning a corner?!

I agree with this so much. One of the worst driving problems that I see is those people who try to cut off big semi and box trucks at intersections. mad.gif Some people must find it really hard to be patient and let the vehicle with a giant turning radius by.

I'm with you there. Plus there are only so many times I can tolerate listening to the same handful of songs. Yes they can be done differently, but the music is still the same, or the words are. It gets maddening.

We get snow in September normally, but why should I have to live in perpetual Christmas? Months straight of the same stuff is hard to handle. It's part of why I try and avoid most of North Pole, even though I only live 20 minutes away. I'm just not into it, and getting exhausted all ready at how hard everyone has to cram it in my face. I'm glad people like it and have fun, but personally all I want to do is relax. I hate doing the present thing (giving and receiving), and am really burned out on the cooking thing too. I just want a break.

I'm tired of traffic, people have been driving like idiots lately. We live in interior Alaska, get the right kind of tires. Driving 20 in a 45 is pretty flipping hazardous too, since everyone has to hit the breaks not to hit someone's stupid truck!

And the idling! If you let your car warm up, turn the radio off or at least down. When it is so loud it can be heard INSIDE the building next to said vehicle as it runs to warm up for half an hour it's a little much. Especially when it's rap and all bass line coming through.

Well where I'm from it usually starts snowing around Halloween, so it feels like appropriate seasonal wintertime for me. Also, I am dirt poor and can barely afford to give any of my friends and family gifts over the $5 range, so I don't personally consider Christmas an economically driven holiday, and I am sorry it makes others feel that way. Christmas is about the birth of Jesus to me, and I think it should be celebrated not just on December 25th, but all year round. I also find most of the music highly peaceful. My husband in particular is Mister Scrooge. He never wants to listen to Christmas music, and he just barely tolerates it on Christmas day. I want to bust out the tree as well but he won't let me until December first. It's really annoying. The season is about giving, and even if you're not Christian, there is the celebration of the winter solstace, and Saturnalia, and a bunch more festivities. Christmastime is right after the beginning of winter, and the winter season extends till March 20th or so. I'm not trying to debate or anything; I'm just saying I have the right to listen to my christmas music without hearing people grumble in the car, on facebook, or on the streets.

Winter goes until March, but it doesn't start until December 21st.

Yes I know it does. I'm just saying where I'm from it snows in OCtober and often doesn't stop snowing until May. To me it is all wintertime. Also, it is MY pet peeve that people around me grumble about xmas music. Lupawulf, we should exchange places. Practically everyone I know grumbles about xmas. And that is REALLY annoying! (I don't like people who constantly complain, btw).

those people in high school who thought they were so smart and better than everyone because they took AP classes. i took maybe four AP classes and i've never met so many pretentious and entitled people in my life. you'd ask them something that could be totally unrelated to school and somehow they still managed to bring up that they were enrolled in an AP class or the "prestigious" college they were applying to. it drove me nuts. why can't i have a normal conversation with ya'll that isn't school related??

Edited by keakeakea

My mother and I joke about early Christmas music; i'm the eager one yet making fun it of is my favorite thing to do. ^^

That one baby in the audience.

Yes I know it does. I'm just saying where I'm from it snows in OCtober and often doesn't stop snowing until May. To me it is all wintertime. Also, it is MY pet peeve that people around me grumble about xmas music. Lupawulf, we should exchange places. Practically everyone I know grumbles about xmas. And that is REALLY annoying! (I don't like people who constantly complain, btw).

Your used to the cold and snow, I'm dead serious, you should move to North Pole, AK.

They have a bunch of Christmas themed street names, the Santa Claus House, postmarked stuff from North Pole, St. Nicholas Catholic Church on St. Nicholas Drive. They host a Santa camp, or have in the past, during the summer when a tour group of Santas books. They was kind of cool.

To be legit in a pet peeve thread: dishes. If disposable pots and pans could be invented that weren't flimsy, I could die happy.

Part of the reason I dislike a lot of Christmas music is because I worked retail for a few years, and it gets old really quickly when you have to listen to five different versions of the same songs for 4+ hours straight several days a week. It really was bad one time when I left the store, and went shopping in another, only for THAT store to be playing the exact same song that the store I worked at was playing when I left.

It doesn't help that the Christmas music I love tends to be the more somber songs, which means that they don't get played in stores often, if at all, while they play my least favorite ones over and over.

Overly PC people. Overly PC people that expect me to conform to their overly PC mentality. I am not PC. I will never be PC. Your hurt little feelings should not and never will stop me from speaking my mind, speaking the truth and thinking my own thoughts. I will never conform to the mentality that buys into the delusion that just because your feelings are hurt you're automatically in the right and that everyone else should stfu now. You. Are. Not. Right.. Someone's hurt feelings should never, ever trump the right to speak the truth. Period. Giving the weak and the easily offended the absolute power to silence truth and honesty and free thinking is the biggest mistake ever made. It's so wrong and so detrimental on so many levels it's sickening.

People that can dish it but can't take it.

user posted image

Edited by MedievalMystic