Saif

Pet Peeves

People who pause in the middle of random sentences and then never finish them. It's so annoying. If you're going to say something, say it! Don't make me wait around when you don't even know what you're talking about.

Also, large groups of people that walk really slowly on sidewalks so that you can't pass them. Maybe it's just that I live in a touristy place, so I run into them more often, but it drives me nuts.

When people tell me that I am wrong or I'm doing it the wrong way or any way judging me in that way when it doesn't matter how you do it. Like if I want to drive a curtain way to a place and they get mad and say that is the dumb way. I can go anyway I want... hat that crap.

Chuck Norris Jokes. I hate them and I hate whoever started that meme's guts.

I DO TO!!! they piss me off.

People who get off on and actually enjoy hurting other's, and find it amusing...wether on the net or in RL...I despise these types and have no respect for them whatsoever. >:(

THIS.

I hate when people do that. When I know someone is doing that or I see someone doing it and finds it amusing, I suddenly lose respect for the person that thinks it's amusing. -.-

Prolonged train horn tests X_X I live pretty close to a train station, but ordinarily I don't hear the trains come or go. But when they test the horn, I hear it, a LOT. It can go on for twenty minutes sometimes ._.

Also, cat barf. Eugh.

People who can't understand the following:

The difference between your and you're.

The difference between there, they're, and their.

and the improper use of 's. Especially using 's when referring to multiples of something - You don't need the apostrophe for that. Bugs the hell out of me.

It's really not that hard, I think contractions just mess people up... all you have to do is just spell the damn contraction out.

If it sounds stupid as "you are" then use "your"... basic grammar.

People who can't understand the following:

The difference between your and you're.

The difference between there, they're, and their.

and the improper use of 's. Especially using 's when referring to multiples of something - You don't need the apostrophe for that. Bugs the hell out of me.

It's really not that hard, I think contractions just mess people up... all you have to do is just spell the damn contraction out.

If it sounds stupid as "you are" then use "your"... basic grammar.

^This.

And all improper grammar and spelling, really. (not that I have the best spelling and grammar either, but it irks me when OTHER people do it.)

Japanese music on English dubbed anime. I mean come on, you just sit there for like two minutes and you don't even understand A word they're saying. I know that some people like it but I'm one of the people who don't.

Japanese music on English dubbed anime. I mean come on, you just sit there for like two minutes and you don't even understand A word they're saying. I know that some people like it but I'm one of the people who don't.

That reminds me of one I hate: English-dubbed anime where the voices of the actors are so bad, it makes you want to stab your eardrums out with the fangs of ticked off rattlesnakes.

OMG so many things to choose from... and so many already posted here that I agree with 100%! I think what really bugs me most is idiots on the road. I am so fed up with the way people drive these days... way too fast, tailgaiting, not using signals... but the ones that really make me angry are the ones that are too busy talking on their phones to pay any attention to what is going on around them. One time I was stuck behind this woman who would repeatedly just stop in the middle of the road because she was talking/texting on the phone. And yes I did call the cops with her license plate number.

The thing that annoys me the most is when a stupid guy for being rich think that is better than the rest of people.

That reminds me of one I hate: English-dubbed anime where the voices of the actors are so bad, it makes you want to stab your eardrums out with the fangs of ticked off rattlesnakes.

Ponyo. Ponyo is probably the best example of this I've ever seen. Ponyo's English voice actor needs to be stabbed in the chest.

Like the FMA: Brotherhood Dub? OH AL WHAT HAVE THEY DONE TO YOU!? ;A;

Those kids who want to go to a music school but don't play instrument, don't want to learn it's history, don't want to learn theory.

I mean what are they going to do then? Sit there and voice their opinion on why dubstep is so great? Could they please just stop butchering the idea of immersing one's self in music? I hate those people who proclaim how artsy they are, and the best they come up with is a 4/4 time beat in the key of C major with some annoying ass electronic sound blaring and a kick snare kick snare rhythm the whole time.

Those guitarists who boast their skill but just hit every single note they can in a very sloppy manner that clearly shows they have no idea how to handle the instrument and don't bother practicing. If you suck that's fine, but as long as you acknowledge you aren't very good and want to get better I will have no problem at all with you. I'll only put you and your guitar in check if you start putting people down with your 'skills' tongue.gif

The guitarists who say playing with speed has no feel. They seem to turn playing guitar into a social trend. A fast violinist playing Paganini is regarded as very skilled and talented, a fast guitarist is labeled as a shredder who can't play with feel.

"We should be working on improving the quality of our music."

So what exactly isn't improving musical quality by pushing your boundaries and giving yourself access to new ideas?

"My guitar playing is influenced from classical music."

No what you mean to say is you own the entire Yngwie Malmsteen discography. He certainly isn't 'classical' because he uses the harmonic minor and ends his songs on the dominant of the key.

Yeah, I know this was posted a while ago, but this is AMAZING! When I was trying to work out my audition pieces for college, this obnoxious kid in my school choir carried on about how he was thinking of auditioning for a music school (on voice), yet he refused to learn to read music, laughed at the idea of studying music in foreign languages, and sneered at any and all classical music, while simultaneously telling me the only opera he liked was Phantom of the Opera. Sorry. I love Phantom, but it's not opera. Oh! And did I mention he was incapable of singing a harmony? He always just jumped onto the melody in choir...

That being said, are some things that bother me!

Getting laughed at when I mention the concept of "vocal health". Yes, it is possible for a singer to get a vocal disorder if he or she doesn't take care of the voice and overuses it. Just because you don't see singers walking off stage clutching their throats doesn't mean that disorders don't happen.

Being called a snob for trying to discuss music intelligently. Because yes. There is a technique to singing. Why else would people take voice lessons? And yes, it is possible for a singer to do something wrong. Not just different. Wrong. But if I dare say anything along those lines my family labels me as a snob. But, by their logic that anything in music is perfectly correct and fine as long as someone doesn't mind listening to it there's no need for me to be taking voice lessons, and I should just get straight A's in all of my classes, because there is no right or wrong way to do things in the world of music.

Inconsistent singers. In school? Fine. When I'm paying to see a performance? They bother me. A lot. When I went to see Les Miserables, I wanted to choke the life out of some of the singers. For one or two notes, they produced this GORGEOUS sound. But the beautiful tone never stuck around for an entire song... Javert made me want to go on stage and slap him. For most of the musical, he was great. But then he gets to the song leading up to his suicide, and he ends up talking his way through half of it instead of actually singing the whole time. And Cosette sped things up all the time and kept getting ahead of Marius when they were supposed to be moving together... T-T

Oh! And singers taking liberties that aren't appropriate. Yeah, I get it. A soloist can take liberties with a piece. But can it please be limited to liberties that actually make sense in the context of the piece? I've listened to pieces and had them completely ruined for me because the singers added notes that just felt random and out of place... And generally this happens with pieces I love.

And music teachers who don't understand that even the students who actually care about the class have limits. My high school choir was notorious for that. He decided to pick this stupid program with all of these ridiculously high notes in it and then decided to make me the only soprano one. The problem? I don't have the stamina to keep singing high As and Bs over and over and over again, and the only passages he ever stopped to really work on were the really high ones... And then when I started being unable to sing at all by the end of rehearsal he laughed at me when I told him I couldn't keep doing that...

Choir students who don't freaking try. There were quite a few people in my high school choir who balked at the idea of hitting an E flat. BUT! The moment that E flat appeared in a solo they were all magically able to sing it. But still claimed they couldn't do it in any other piece...

/Endrant

Yeah, I know this was posted a while ago, but this is AMAZING! When I was trying to work out my audition pieces for college, this obnoxious kid in my school choir carried on about how he was thinking of auditioning for a music school (on voice), yet he refused to learn to read music, laughed at the idea of studying music in foreign languages, and sneered at any and all classical music, while simultaneously telling me the only opera he liked was Phantom of the Opera. Sorry. I love Phantom, but it's not opera. Oh! And did I mention he was incapable of singing a harmony? He always just jumped onto the melody in choir...

There was a guitarist in my music class with a similar attitude. I can't understand why he would sign up for IB Music in the first place. He never bothered paying attention to the teacher, never payed attention in class. He would mock the teacher at every chance he got, twisting what the teacher said to make him sound like some kind of elitist. He would say that he appreciates all forms of music but only really knew very 'entry' level stuff. For example, he says he loves classical music. I ask what his favorite piece is, and he says the one that goes (sings the first few notes of Tocatta and Fugue in D minor). I mean I totally understand that is a brilliant piece of music but if he doesn't know the name of his favorite classical music piece, and it's not even from the classical era, he probably doesn't know much beyond the videos on youtube with 1 million views.

His philosophy was along the lines of play what sounds good to you, which is fine. But he constantly had to hold his head high because of it and reject any sort of understanding whatsoever. It was impossible to reason with him.

People who claim to listen to everything but only know some very few examples from every genre, they don't listen to everything. They listen to a few songs that can each be categorized into different styles. Statements like that bug me a lot.

"Educational" TV

I can't stand it.

^this

And so called "school fun" like reading vocab word searches or social studies crossword puzzles or something stupid like that. When you have to put the word "school" in front of something, it is most likely not fun. xd.png

Like the FMA: Brotherhood Dub? OH AL WHAT HAVE THEY DONE TO YOU!? ;A;

QUOTE (Simply The Best @ Jan 19 2011, 01:31 PM

Report Post)

Ponyo. Ponyo is probably the best example of this I've ever seen. Ponyo's English voice actor needs to be stabbed in the chest.

I was actually think of Naruto...

A few years ago, I found myself just browsing the channel guide when I noticed that Naruto was on Cartoon Network. I'd seen some subbed episodes, so I figured it couldn't hurt to watch it.

I realized my mistake the first time I heard him say the words "Believe it!".

Edited by andaraen

There was a guitarist in my music class with a similar attitude. I can't understand why he would sign up for IB Music in the first place. He never bothered paying attention to the teacher, never payed attention in class. He would mock the teacher at every chance he got, twisting what the teacher said to make him sound like some kind of elitist. He would say that he appreciates all forms of music but only really knew very 'entry' level stuff. For example, he says he loves classical music. I ask what his favorite piece is, and he says the one that goes (sings the first few notes of Tocatta and Fugue in D minor). I mean I totally understand that is a brilliant piece of music but if he doesn't know the name of his favorite classical music piece, and it's not even from the classical era, he probably doesn't know much beyond the videos on youtube with 1 million views.

His philosophy was along the lines of play what sounds good to you, which is fine. But he constantly had to hold his head high because of it and reject any sort of understanding whatsoever. It was impossible to reason with him.

People who claim to listen to everything but only know some very few examples from every genre, they don't listen to everything. They listen to a few songs that can each be categorized into different styles. Statements like that bug me a lot.

People like that make me so angry. There's so much more to music than just playing what a handful of people think sounds good. You need to understand theory and the differences between periods and styles so you can perform a piece the way it was meant to be performed, and that there are right ways and wrong ways to handle an instrument, and (believe it or not) improper technique leads to an inferior sound. But then if you try telling that to someone who has no desire to be a real musician, they get all self-righteous and defensive and say you have no idea what you're talking about...

I was actually think of Naruto...

A few years ago, I found myself just browsing the channel guide when I noticed that Naruto was on Cartoon Network. I'd seen some subbed episodes, so I figured it couldn't hurt to watch it.

I realized my mistake the first time I heard him say the words "Believe it!".

I know exactly how you feel, English Naruto's voice is extremely grating. I don't mind the -attebayo on the japanese version, but "believe it!"? seriously? I'm glad I only watched a few episodes.

Edited by Rynnfox

The dub of Card Captor Sakura is the worst I've ever seen. The dub was so hacked up, they removed 31 episodes out of 70. They even renamed the anime to just Cardcaptors when they dubbed it. Not only was the voice acting terrible, they didn't even follow the script. What the characters say in cardcaptors is completely different than what they say in card captor sakura, enough to change the plot, character relationships, and personalities. They even managed to change sakura's personality from an energetic, friendly, cute little girl into a stuck up snobby censorkip.gif* with an attitude problem. They also removed all hints of homosexual relationships between all characters, and romantic relationships between characters that they considered too young, and they also changed how people were related to each other(boys and girls who seemed too friendly to each other became cousins so they had a reason to talk to each other without it being viewed as romance rolleyes.gif ).

Clearly romance is too mature for north american children but not japanese ones rolleyes.gif . If you want to see an abomination of a dub, watch card captor sakura then watch the Nelvana dub of cardcaptors. Your eyes will bleed.

Stupid censorkip.gif es annoy me. This one HIGH SCHOOLER kicked my boot off my foot the other day and then kept kicking it along in front of him and he wouldn't give it back. Then he kicked it into a snow drift and ran away. I called some pretty choice names after him, but I was still really, really angry.

Edited by cookiejar33