Saif

Pet Peeves

People who stick their disgusting chewed up gum under their chair/desk or in-between textbooks. Ugh.

SO. MUCH. THIS.

/cry.

When people hit on me at a bar just because there was no where else to eat, and think I'm 18. |D. I'm flattered, but it's slightly creepy.

I hate when people pick at their nails. It grosses me out and it always makes a disgusting sound I just can't stand.

Another post: When people try to change other peoples opinions or personalities. Complaining about it isn't going to change anything.

I hate when people pick at their nails. It grosses me out and it always makes a disgusting sound I just can't stand.

THIS THIS THIS THIS.

Bullies, people judging me before they know me, people thinking classical music is boring, people thinking I'm a snob when I'm just gifted / needy/ geeky / me, arrogance and well you get the picture. Oh and people saying that they're musicians when they just play a musical instrument. smile.gif

I guess, but when it's a terrible horrible racist controversial anime like Hetalia, I think it's fine if someone has an issue with that. I went on the Hetalia thread today and you should look at the weird excuses people came up with.

About the fanworks and shippings and whatnot-I never really got why people get obsessed over their one true shippings anyways, so I don't really understand when people get into such a fuss over that.

im gonna weigh in on this, even though this should be done already. i really dont think its trying to be racist, even though thats what people take it as. and you chose to go on the hetalia thread, no one made you. no one "shoved it in your face". if you really hate it that much then you shouldnt click on the threads, yeah i know its a discussion thread but still. i respect your opinions, and reasons to hate it but that doesnt mean you need to share them with hetalia fans. the character represents the country, not the people. people who watch hetalia dont stereotype and im sure none of them approve of stereotyping. but again, its not the people they represent.

without the stereotypes i would like to know how the countries would act. that may sound mean, but they do give the characters some personality. but thats through my eyes.

and another pet peeve:

when people talk to me when i have headphones on, expecting me to have it so low i can hear and talk at the same time.

._.

People who beg for things and will /not get the hint that I will not give it to them/. ._. I play a game where 'getting' stuff is essential, and I get asked that question 10000000000x a day by them. I finally had to put my foot down.

THIS THIS THIS THIS.

FINALLY SOMEONE UNDERSTANDS WHY I FLIP OUT. Thank you biggrin.gif

Also, I was reminded of another one: When people think you can read their mind when it comes to what they want.

Edited by Violletta

When people expect me to make all the wedding planning decisions because I have a vagina. My fiance doesn't have a million people e-mailing him and asking him dumb unimportant questions all the time all because he's a guy. He's so lucky.

But really, in general I hate it when by default I am treated like I am a very typical girly girl. Even people I know well do this. Somehow my gender forever trumps my personality.

im gonna weigh in on this, even though this should be done already. i really dont think its trying to be racist, even though thats what people take it as. and you chose to go on the hetalia thread, no one made you. no one "shoved it in your face". if you really hate it that much then you shouldnt click on the threads, yeah i know its a discussion thread but still. i respect your opinions, and reasons to hate it but that doesnt mean you need to share them with hetalia fans. the character represents the country, not the people. people who watch hetalia dont stereotype and im sure none of them approve of stereotyping. but again, its not the people they represent.

without the stereotypes i would like to know how the countries would act. that may sound mean, but they do give the characters some personality. but thats through my eyes.

Night, I've really been trying to be polite to you, but here goes:

1. Just because YOU don't think it's racist-possibly because you're not Asian and have never lived in the region where Northeast Asian regional politics work out-doesn't mean that it is to other people. Hell, some people don't think the word "N*censorkip.gif" is racist. Does that mean that it isn't? You can't tell the victims of racism what racism is or is not, because you've never actually went through it.

2. You CHOSE a controversial anime that some people get pretty upset over. This is a world wide forum, not an American one, so yes it IS relevant to some of us. When they call you out on the controversy, you chose to continually defend it by saying "but I like it(I never said you couldn't)" and "it doesn't look racist to me." Now, please explain why it's incomprehensible to you that some people might not like it because of valid reasons, why that's not making sense to you, and why you still continue to defend the show. If someone hated something I liked for valid reasons, I would 1). continue watching the show but with a critical eye or 2). not watch the show or 3). ignore it, continue watching it, so I don't really understand why you keep on defending the show.

3. Bear in mind that I said the show was racist, not you, and this isn't about you or how much you like the show. It's the racist content IN the show that I find problematic. Not everything has to be about you or your hurt feelings or your supposed inability to "enjoy" the contents whenever you want. PEOPLE ARE ACTUALLY MARGINALIZED AND HURT BY THE RACIST CONTENT AND OVERTONE REPRESENTED IN THE SHOW. If you think that's less important than your "right", if that can be a right, to enjoy discussing a controversial racist anime on an internet forum, then I'd say that you lack empathy in the real life department.

4. Oh, and did I mention, yeah some people watching the show may not discriminate, but that's SOME people, not all, and the overall sentiment underlying the show still hurts people? Because that's an important issue over where I live, you see. Look up Zainichi Koreans or comfort women in the House of Sharing. It's an ongoing issue and so of course it's a touchy issue. And then you expect people to just ignore that? For the sake of making you happy? rolleyes.gif

On the topic: people who disrespect other regions' historical baggage piss me off. Really it does. You guys have probably seen this user posted image

possibly countless times when you've been growing up. What they don't tell you is that that is about as offensive to East Asians as the Swastika is to Europeans.

Edited by ylangylang

When people smoke cigarettes in public. If you have the intention of poisoning yourself, fine, but don't poison everybody around you with your cancerous fumes as well. Anytime I get the faintest whiff of the stuff, my headaches flare up something awful, even if I didn't have a headache that day (which doesn't happen very often, so having a day where my head isn't throbbing for once ruined by something like that is... annoying. @_@) Plus it forms coatings on things because of the tar and junk, and it's really hard to get the smell off of things once it's on there.

THIS.

SO MUCH THIS.

I bloody can't STAND that. If I smell cigarettes at all, I start coughing, and it smells god awful.

What I hate the most is people that smoke at Bus Stops.

There's a tiny slab of bus stop, and you're there with 4 other people, and ALL of those people smoke, well guess what? You can't get away from it because of wind for one and two, you'd be way too far away from the damn bus stop. And you can't move on the otherside cause the wind either changes directions or the people won't move when asked nicely.

I can't tell you how many times I moved away from the smoke, just to miss my bus even though it was right there. =-=

@ylangylang - Call me ignorant, but why is it offensive? I'm completely clueless as to why it is.  blink.gif

Simply put, it was the sign of Imperial Japan (I know it's being used as their current naval insignia, there was a ****load of controversy over that) so terrible horrible atrocities were done under that sign, much the same as the Nazi Swastika symbol. For example, my paternal grandfather was almost forcibly drafted, but he got a job so he was okay, and he worked to free (basically) sex slaves from being drafted because these women had no clue they were going to be sex slaves. My maternal grandmother almost became one of those sex slaves-apparently the teacher told her they were going to go to Japan to meet the emperor, she came back home and told her parents and they stopped her from going.

I'm just adding to Zaxian's post biggrin.gif

Edited by ylangylang

;o; People that stop in the middle of shops and have a conversation. Bonus points for trolleys and/or children blocking the whole aisle. Or for being near exits.

And people who can't stop holding hands for a few seconds. Like walking through a busy city with vans and stuff blocking pavements. Just let go of each other for like...3 seconds to walk by something. You're not going to die. T_T

And people who think that the music they listen to is the bestest and if you listen to something else or don't know that band/song 'you suck and go die how can you live with yourself omg'. :c

People who think their opinion /has/ to be the only right one. e.e;

Hmm. Well, I write fanfiction and participate in Role Plays, so what ticks me off the most is Mary Sues. huh.gif

For example - I'll make an alt for some canon character (I am in the Transformers fandom) and it will be deluged with the kids of Optimus and Megatron; and the siblings of Bumblebee, Blurr, Prowl, Shockwave, Oil Slick, etc; and they have magic powers, etc.

Or just when someone has a flaming Sue and other people trip over themselves to worship it.

JadeGreenButterfly and the other OCs of HealerCharm (not on this site) for instance.

Or OCs that flagrantly break the most basic rules of the universe they're in.

I don't see how any commercial is going to make me jump up and go "OH MY GOD I NEED THAT PRODUCT NOW!!"

I especially hate how commercials are LOUDER THAN EVERYTHING ELSE on TV.

That tactic just makes me angry, and even less likely to purchase their products....

I had that happen once. Chocolate Life. I almost cried when they stopped producing it.

And as far as the most annoying commercials

"Talk to your doctor about *medicine name* and see if it's right for you"

You go in and tell your doctor "I saw this commercial about this prescription medicine and think you should prescribe me it".

No.

A doctor prescribes you what they think is going to help. They're not going to go "You know what, I had no idea about this medicine, since I am obviously not a licensed professional who had to do a ridiculous amount of extra years of school to get here, I am definitely going to prescribe it to you since you saw it on a TV commercial."

Not exactly true. Doctors often receive...I am not sure what word to use...'sponsorships', where they get paid bonuses by drug companies to push certain medicines.

That said, I really like my local family physician.

(And I know I'm replying to an OLD post, but I felt it needed to be said.)

Edited by SkylerFarrier

People complaining and hating on a series (books, tv, movie, etc) without having read/watched it, and only bases their arguments from what they've read on the cover or from what other haters have told them.

Another pet ever of mine that surfaced prior to this release:

Why DA hell do people with great Internet connection have to hoard and grab as many of the new eggs as possible? It gives those with slow connections such a hard time!

When I tell people that I have Asperger's Syndrome and they automatically assume that I self-diagnosed it. That is not the case. In fact, I had no idea what the heck Asperger's was before the psychiatrist gave his diagnosis. Also, no, I cannot just "get over myself" or "just apply myself in social situations" or "accept that I'm a little different and move on". It's hard to do that when you're already frying your brains trying to remember what's "socially appropriate" and what's not, especially when those things appear to come so naturally to most other people.

When I tell people that I have Asperger's Syndrome and they automatically assume that I self-diagnosed it. That is not the case. In fact, I had no idea what the heck Asperger's was before the psychiatrist gave his diagnosis. Also, no, I cannot just "get over myself" or "just apply myself in social situations" or "accept that I'm a little different and move on". It's hard to do that when you're already frying your brains trying to remember what's "socially appropriate" and what's not, especially when those things appear to come so naturally to most other people.

I am EXTREMELY socially awkward and I don't have Asbergers or any other disease. It annoys me when people think I do. It also, annoys me when people call me by my full(first) name. And it annoys me when teachers don't remember my name, its a 3 letter word, I mean c'mon!

Edited by Wantdew

Agreed. Have you ever been called a LIAR for saying you have Asperger's? I've started just saying "autism" or "autism spectrum disorder". Strangely, I get less accusations for that.

Large or numerous moving gifs in people's signatures. On chickensmoothie practically everyone on the forums has a moving gif or five in their sig. Not just slightly moving either, but wild motion all over the place. It's annoying and distracting, and after five minutes of trying to read the forums with those obnoxious gifs everywhere I look it makes me want to scream.

I know this is back aways, but this. On DragonAdopters, there's a way to make your whole sig move across the bottom of your post. Annoys me to no end.

Being forced to listen to other people's cell phone conversations in public, especially if they're having an argument with someone. A few weeks ago I was in the car next to some woman having a screaming fit on her cell. I was treated to every cuss word in the book, and all the lovely details of her current situation with her SO. Like I, or the rest of the public, care about her, or anyone else's, little drama's. mad.gif It's bad enough having to flip thorugh all those stupid reality shows on TV, I don't want to be subject to some strangers RL crap.

Edited by MedievalMystic

Loud kids, People who talk in their Bluetooth you never know if they are talking to you or another person,people who stand in the middle of any where,slow walkers and when people add extra letters in my last name and say it wrong after I corrected them. Honestly it's not that hard it haves three syllables. Writers block I have that a lot and people who talk loudly.