Saif

Pet Peeves

When people judge people/stuff.

I know I do it too sometimes on accident/purpose, but still.

Apparently I've already posted in this thread. Forgot what I said, so why not post again with double the passive-aggressiveness and irritability?! LET'S DO IT.

People who call the police 'pigs' are a huge pet peeve of mine. Generally anyone who rags on law enforcement because "hurr durr authority sucks" is a scumbag, imo. Pigs are smart and clean animals too, why the negative connotations? Why not call them "porcupines", makes about as much sense.

Here's a common one: chewing gum loudly. Probably stems from all the years I've had to sit next to habitual gum chewers in classes. Oh god stop blowing bubbles, it looks like you're scraping placenta from your face.

Another one that's been mentioned many times; fellows who self-diagnose are also a pet peeve, especially those who mock others for it then turn around, read the Wikipedia article on Asperger's, and deduce they must have it. Disorders are a convenient way to excuse poor social behaviors and self-perceived character flaws. Just admit you're not perfect, embrace it like we all do, and join the club for "Humans are Weird". It's got to be better than claiming you have mental instability and brain abnormalities.

There we go, three pet peeves of mine. I have successfully contributed to this topic and proven myself an upstanding citizen of the DC forums.

people who hate hetalia, then feel the need to share it out loud. i'm not limiting this to DC forums either..happens almost everywhere.

if you don't like the show just do not watch it..there is no need to click on it anywhere, whether it be a video/picture/thread and completley rant about it even though people who like it don't want to hear it.

people who hate hetalia, then feel the need to share it out loud. i'm not limiting this to DC forums either..happens almost everywhere.

if you don't like the show just do not watch it..there is no need to click on it anywhere, whether it be a video/picture/thread and completley rant about it even though people who like it don't want to hear it.

This, but with pretty much any series. :V

A simple "Oh, I don't like that" is enough, it's incredibly rude to butt in when people are discussing something they like and go "OH MY GOD, I HATE THAT SO MUCH, LET ME TELL YOU EVERY SINGLE REASON WHY I HATE THAT AND ALSO INSULT YOU FOR LIKING IT."

Edited by Pika_Oi

Apparently I'm the only one who doesn't mind people pointing out the flaws in stuff I like.

Apparently I'm the only one who doesn't mind people pointing out the flaws in stuff I like.

Politely pointing out why you don't like something is okay, becoming outraged that people like something you don't, raving about how much you hate it, and aggressively insulting them for liking it is not. x:

This, but with pretty much any series. :V

A simple "Oh, I don't like that" is enough, it's incredibly rude to butt in when people are discussing something they like and go "OH MY GOD, I HATE THAT SO MUCH, LET ME TELL YOU EVERY SINGLE REASON WHY I HATE THAT AND ALSO INSULT YOU FOR LIKING IT."

yeah, i probably should have put any series XD

but still applies, i hate it alot. it's ok if someone is talking about it, you know them and nicely say "oh i don't care for the series to much." even a little explanation is alright, but when they go into a full-out rage about it and point out every little detail it gets on my nerves.

but i completley hate it when someone clicks on a picture/tribute video/ect... and say they hate it and everyone is stupid for liking it. you didn't have to click on it, even if you just "stumbled upon it" it doesn't mean they care about how much you hate it.

Edited by NightLovesFantasies

yeah, i probably should have put any series xd.png

but still applies, i hate it alot.png. it's ok if someone is talking about it, you know them and nicely say "oh i don't care for the series to much." even a little explanation is alright, but when they go into a full-out rage about it and point out every little detail it gets on my nerves.

but i completley hate it when someone clicks on a picture/tribute video/ect... and say they hate it and everyone is stupid for liking it. you didn't have to click on it, even if you just "stumbled upon it" it doesn't mean they care about how much you hate it.

Hetalia IS a controversial subject in a lot of circles, so really this should be expected.

Hetalia IS a controversial subject in a lot of circles, so really this should be expected.

i'm not limiting it to hetalia, i only used hetalia because that's what i see everywhere. this can be from any series.

but they don't need to watch/look at it. watch it once, don't like then don't watch it again. it's simple, there's no need to rant about it constantly to people who don't want to hear it. unless it's an actual disscusion, even then it's not ok to go off and attack it. why not just say "i don't like it because X". but it's not ok for hetalians to attack their opinion either.

One of mine is people who intentionally go out of their way to find things that they hate/disgust them, and then comment with horrible statements about those who do like whatever it is and generally make an ass of themselves.

I mean, really? You have nothing better to do with your life than intentionally see out something that you despise just to let the world know how much you hate it? REALLY?

One of mine is people who intentionally go out of their way to find things that they hate/disgust them, and then comment with horrible statements about those who do like whatever it is and generally make an ass of themselves.

I mean, really? You have nothing better to do with your life than intentionally see out something that you despise just to let the world know how much you hate it? REALLY?

THIS.

their logic:

why click on something i enjoy, and happily discuss it with other fans when i could search and click something i really hate just to let people know how much i hate it?

why?

I've also really started to hate people chewing with their mouths open and smacking stupidly loud. Mostly because my sister does it all the time, and if I ask her to stop she accuses me of lying and starts smacking even louder. :|

I also really get grossed out when people suck really loudly on their fingers after they eat, something else my family members are guilty of...

Edited by Switch

THIS.

their logic:

why click on something i enjoy, and happily discuss it with other fans when i could search and click something i really hate just to let people know how much i hate it?

why?

Because it, you know, has dire consequences for them in real life?

Because it, you know, has dire consequences for them in real life?

That would be a valid reason, and I would see no problem with that.

But I seriously do not understand the people who will intentionally seek out, say, fanart/fanfiction that focuses on a pairing they hate with the intent of saying nothing but terrible things about anybody who likes that pairing. Could they not be spending that time looking up fanworks for pairings they DO like?

That would be a valid reason, and I would see no problem with that.

But I seriously do not understand the people who will intentionally seek out, say, fanart/fanfiction that focuses on a pairing they hate with the intent of saying nothing but terrible things about anybody who likes that pairing. Could they not be spending that time looking up fanworks for pairings they DO like?

I guess, but when it's a terrible horrible racist controversial anime like Hetalia, I think it's fine if someone has an issue with that. I went on the Hetalia thread today and you should look at the weird excuses people came up with.

About the fanworks and shippings and whatnot-I never really got why people get obsessed over their one true shippings anyways, so I don't really understand when people get into such a fuss over that.

I guess, but when it's a terrible horrible racist controversial anime like Hetalia, I think it's fine if someone has an issue with that. I went on the Hetalia thread today and you should look at the weird excuses people came up with.

About the fanworks and shippings and whatnot-I never really got why people get obsessed over their one true shippings anyways, so I don't really understand when people get into such a fuss over that.

I know nothing of hetalia, personally, I just have issue with people who intentionally seek out what they hate when what they hate isn't actually harmful to anybody in any way and being nasty over it.

I especially hate the people who go find stories that have homosexual characters and then hate on it for that. sleep.gif'

I really love my ships, personally, but I don't care what others ship--they can ship what they like! But when the hates come over and start dissin' me for liking mine, when I'm not bothering them for theirs... ;_; What'd I do, other than ship the wrong characters? D:

I know nothing of hetalia, personally, I just have issue with people who intentionally seek out what they hate when what they hate isn't actually harmful to anybody in any way and being nasty over it.

I especially hate the people who go find stories that have homosexual characters and then hate on it for that. sleep.gif'

I really love my ships, personally, but I don't care what others ship--they can ship what they like! But when the hates come over and start dissin' me for liking mine, when I'm not bothering them for theirs... ;_; What'd I do, other than ship the wrong characters? D:

I know. The Belief Of The One True Shipper can be hard to dislodge. I've personally never had shippings (well, except for that brief period with Hermione/Draco) but yes, it's annoying when other people suddenly come over and hates you for liking one ship. And from what I've heard, people apparently fight over who gets to be the "man" in the relationship too. (I'm not sure if that's true-could you verify it for me?)

That said, I do understand people who hate things because they ARE harmful to others-such as Hetalia, or the whitewashed movie version of Avatar; The Last Airbender. Probably because I'm an Asian bisexual female. That's a lot of stuff that the world likes to oppress wink.gif

I know. The Belief Of The One True Shipper can be hard to dislodge. I've personally never had shippings (well, except for that brief period with Hermione/Draco) but yes, it's annoying when other people suddenly come over and hates you for liking one ship. And from what I've heard, people apparently fight over who gets to be the "man" in the relationship too. (I'm not sure if that's true-could you verify it for me?)

That said, I do understand people who hate things because they ARE harmful to others-such as Hetalia, or the whitewashed movie version of Avatar; The Last Airbender. Probably because I'm an Asian bisexual female. That's a lot of stuff that the world likes to oppress wink.gif

I've not seen it myself, but I have seen a few minor disagreements over who would be the more dominant partner. And it wouldn't surprise me as I've seen some nasty insanity in shipping wars. I usually try to stay on the fringes of fandoms where the more sane fans reside. xd.png

Agreed, very much so. Though it would help if they'd explain WHY they're raging, not just spewing hatred...

And more on-topic: Another is when people try to convert me. sleep.gif' Like, militantly. And then they fail to even properly understand their own holy text. If you're going to try and get me to believe, you sure as hell better have a better knowledge of your holy text than I do--and that's not hard, for how little I know.

And more on-topic: Another is when people try to convert me. sleep.gif' Like, militantly. And then they fail to even properly understand their own holy text. If you're going to try and get me to believe, you sure as hell better have a better knowledge of your holy text than I do--and that's not hard, for how little I know.

Oh yes. I've a few extremist Christians where I live, and the stuff they come up with are funny and horrendous at the same time. One of them tried to tell me to BELIEVE because on December the 22nd, volcanoes will erupt and meteors will fall and Jesus will come brandishing a flaming sword to lop off unbelievers' heads.

rolleyes.gif

Oh yeah, another thing-- when people smoke cigarettes in public. If you have the intention of poisoning yourself, fine, but don't poison everybody around you with your cancerous fumes as well. Anytime I get the faintest whiff of the stuff, my headaches flare up something awful, even if I didn't have a headache that day (which doesn't happen very often, so having a day where my head isn't throbbing for once ruined by something like that is... annoying. @_@) Plus it forms coatings on things because of the tar and junk, and it's really hard to get the smell off of things once it's on there.

I do feel bad for people who were tempted into smoking when they were younger and can't quit because of how addictive it is, though. My grandma has been trying to quit for years and can't. \:

Oh yes. I've a few extremist Christians where I live, and the stuff they come up with are funny and horrendous at the same time. One of them tried to tell me to BELIEVE because on December the 22nd, volcanoes will erupt and meteors will fall and Jesus will come brandishing a flaming sword to lop off unbelievers' heads.

rolleyes.gif

You mean that isn't going to happen?

You mean that isn't going to happen?

No, Jesus isn't going to come over with a flaming sword, silly, he's going to come over with Frostmourne! biggrin.gif

I get annoyed when people break into things and steal them! mad.gif And also smoking in your cafe is annoying because that means that you can't go to it anymore otherwise you'll get trouble with your lungs.[/font] blink.gif

~Caitybay

Scrollspam removed

Edited by NixAyum