Saif

Pet Peeves

Hey guys, did I ever tell you about the time I set this kid's room on fire, then got his brother to take the fall for it? Man, that was so great...

EDIT: *Reads above post*

>_>

dry.gif

*Flees*

Edited by Simply, The Best

Hey guys, did I ever tell you about the time I set this kid's room on fire, then got his brother to take the fall for it? Man, that was so great...

EDIT: *Reads above post*

>_>

dry.gif

*Flees*

xd.png

This brings up a good one.

Something that annoys me is when you tell a mean-spirited story/ rumor/ etc. about someone, only to find out that they're right behind you, or within earshot or something like that. I've never had it happen to me, because I'm the Best person ever and being mean is lame, but I've had to witness it on a few different occasions and it's dumb. The thing that annoys me isn't that the person got caught, it's that they get caught, then try to put on a nice face and act like they WEREN'T just talking bad about someone else. Like, if you know you're caught, at least stick to your guns. I can't stand fake people.

Those kids who want to go to a music school but don't play instrument, don't want to learn it's history, don't want to learn theory.

I mean what are they going to do then? Sit there and voice their opinion on why dubstep is so great? Could they please just stop butchering the idea of immersing one's self in music? I hate those people who proclaim how artsy they are, and the best they come up with is a 4/4 time beat in the key of C major with some annoying ass electronic sound blaring and a kick snare kick snare rhythm the whole time.

Those guitarists who boast their skill but just hit every single note they can in a very sloppy manner that clearly shows they have no idea how to handle the instrument and don't bother practicing. If you suck that's fine, but as long as you acknowledge you aren't very good and want to get better I will have no problem at all with you. I'll only put you and your guitar in check if you start putting people down with your 'skills' tongue.gif

The guitarists who say playing with speed has no feel. They seem to turn playing guitar into a social trend. A fast violinist playing Paganini is regarded as very skilled and talented, a fast guitarist is labeled as a shredder who can't play with feel.

"We should be working on improving the quality of our music."

So what exactly isn't improving musical quality by pushing your boundaries and giving yourself access to new ideas?

"My guitar playing is influenced from classical music."

No what you mean to say is you own the entire Yngwie Malmsteen discography. He certainly isn't 'classical' because he uses the harmonic minor and ends his songs on the dominant of the key.

People bashing and getting mad at you because someone told them about something that you did but they don't even know the whole story. -.-

Forum users who have chosen one name as their username, but then have put in their signature, "Call me (such-and-such name)," which is often very different from their username. If that is what you wanted to be called, you should have picked that as your username. Or you should go to your profile and change your username. Not talking about people who are just suggesting shortened versions of their username in their sig, but the people who will have usernames like "BillyBob" and their signature says "Call me Mr. Freeze." If you call yourself Mr. Freeze, I will call you Mr. Freeze. Otherwise....

Forum users who have chosen one name as their username, but then have put in their signature, "Call me (such-and-such name)," which is often very different from their username. If that is what you wanted to be called, you should have picked that as your username. Or you should go to your profile and change your username. Not talking about people who are just suggesting shortened versions of their username in their sig, but the people who will have usernames like "BillyBob" and their signature says "Call me Mr. Freeze." If you call yourself Mr. Freeze, I will call you Mr. Freeze. Otherwise....

Well, it can also be that they didn't know what to make their username, and then after a while they realized that maybe they found the best username to use ever, just that they can't change it, and that's why they want people to call them that instead.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Things that annoy me:

- People who chew with their mouth open.

- People who talk with chat-speak to me. It's irritating. How am I supposed to know what IKR means?

- People who call themselves the most awesome or think that they know everything, a.k.a narcissism.

- Also people who think that they're actually very nice and yet they trip kids and call them babies.

- People... in general. dry.gif

- Generalization that going on the computer = playing computer games.

- Swearing. It's not cool, guys. It's just offensive and it makes you seem quite foolish. Seriously?

- People who don't bother being polite.

-People who are skinny and whine about how they're "so" fat, and you're bigger than them, regardless of your body size

-Girls who do "cute" sneezes to get attention. It's just a turn off.

-People who are obsessed with iPhone/Facebook games like Farmville.

-People who obsess over one thing or brand, like Apple and the iPad, and whenever the topic's brought up, they won't stop ranting about the "fabulousness"

-People who are skinny and whine about how they're "so" fat, and you're bigger than them, regardless of your body size

To be fair, some people just carry fat a lot better than others. So when someone complains about themselves looking too fat, they aren't saying that someone who is fatter than them also looks too fat. They are just complaining that they look bad with that amount of fat on them, when someone else could look perfectly fine with the same amount or more.

What's been getting on my nerves lately is people calling me she...or he.

Can I not just be a they?

Edited by Wookieinmashoo

What's been getting on my nerves lately is people calling me she...or he.

Can I not just be a they?

Well, you'd have to be multiple people to be 'they.'

If you want something neutral, why not go with 'ey?'

*screen shots Simply, the best and Greendragonfire1's posts*

anything that doesn't stf* and leave me alone annoys me sleep.gif

Well, you'd have to be multiple people to be 'they.'

If you want something neutral, why not go with 'ey?'

Not necessarily. It depends on the person. Yes, it's grammatically correct to use "they" for a group, but I would rather have something, anything, that's gender neutral.

When people:

-Act like I don't exist

-Force me into doing things I don't like

-Treat me like an outsider, even though it hardly happens

-Yell at me for doing something wrong when I misinterpret them

-Make me do EVERYTHING

-Nag me

That's all I can think of right now, LOL. I've got a ton more. I'll edit this later.

~Cavey

Not necessarily. It depends on the person. Yes, it's grammatically correct to use "they" for a group, but I would rather have something, anything, that's gender neutral.

Ey is a gender-neutral pronoun created by Michael Spivak.

Spivak Pronous

Pretentious pronouners. "They" was the original sex-neutral pronoun.

People who are dumb who think they are smart.

To be fair, some people just carry fat a lot better than others. So when someone complains about themselves looking too fat, they aren't saying that someone who is fatter than them also looks too fat. They are just complaining that they look bad with that amount of fat on them, when someone else could look perfectly fine with the same amount or more.

I have a friend who is a part time model, and likes to joke about how fat she is. She's 5'11 and probably weighs about 140, and she runs in track, so she is pretty slim and fit. I laugh because I know she's not being serious, but other people think she is. In reality though, she says she is fat to get attention and have people check out her body..

Two things that annoy me the most:

-People thinking it's funny when someone cusses.

-People who will like any anime or manga, just because it's anime or manga.

But somehow I have a friend who does both of these, and I can't leave her, even though she does both of my tied #1 things on my Hall of Annoyance.

People who think that they are superior to others or whatever they do is superior to whatever I do...

People who stare at you while you eat.

And I'm not a messy eater, I chew with my mouth closed, I don't slouch. I just want to enjoy this sandwich why do you have to stare at me?

People who follow me around. Everywhere. It's...annoying.

yeah, same thing, this ever happen to you, like in lowes and walmart the people that work there they follow you everywere, like your going to steal,then act like there not by picking up a can of tuna!!and just staring at it. what the hell is so interesting about tuna, and i got em back for that, i followed them, this one dude in lowes i followed him even in the on area behind the customer service counter, lol, i even messed they store up, like pulling on the ropes they got and walk away, they just keep unraveling into the floor. biggrin.gif