Saif

Pet Peeves

This thread annoys me,yet I can't stop reading it. D:

Both reading about people finding things annoying that offend me because they find it annoying and reading about people finding things annoying that annoy me because it reminds me of how annoying they are...uh,did that make any sense?

My post probably annoyed someone too.

It's like a never ending cycle or something.

xd.png This, so much. Especially the MLP shizznit going on.

Thank goodness im not the only one getting annoyed by all the MLP pictures. I was beginning to think I was the only one who found it so amusing that people actually use them as avvies etc and very annoying that they are there in the first place. Lolz.

And zis, I must add:

When people try to message you stuff and act smart/make comments like they know everything, then you go to their scroll and they don't even have their bronze badge yet! O.O Confusing and irritating much!

/no more rant, I must not rant.

Edited by Sinister-by-Nature

People who talk loudly and continuously and blabber and don't stop unless I tell them to. -.- (like srsly if someone rants for 10 minutes I get a headache)

Sucking/slurping sounds.(like when someone sucks the marrow out of a bone >.< ugh, I feel shivers going down my spine and forth into my brain)

Scratching sounds - nails on the blackboard sound familiar?(same effect ans the aforementioned ^)

People who don't take 'no' for an answer.

People who criticize other's works/art when they can't do better and claim they know better when no one asked for their opinion.

Being interrupted while I do something I enjoy.

Drama.

Edited by earthgirl

'don't give a censorkip.gif' attitudes. Sure you can be apathetic, but you don't have to be an arse about it.

Edited by soullesshuman

- People that do not use proper grammar and punctuation. Especially when people type 'Wat'- Ugh, itss not hard to put an extra letter in there to spell it right!

it's.

- People that call all rock music 'Gothic'. Hate this, I get it enough from my family and friends.

Playing U2 on the Oldies station bugs me. It has to be Elvis or older to be oldies!

people who refer to celebrities by their first names because they think it makes them sound cool. mad.gif

I have never encountered this. I don't think people do this to sound "cool."

Also, don't be hatin' on My Little Pony if you haven't watched it. We're here to love and tolerate this place. cool.gif

when people don't know the difference between lose and loose. Two different things, and nobody seems to realize it.

- People that do not use proper grammar and punctuation. Especially when people type 'Wat'- Ugh, itss not hard to put an extra letter in there to spell it right!

it's.

Thanks for pointing that out. Ack I hate typos, as said. dry.gif Now fixed. Such a fail time to make a typo.

- People that tell someone something about you, and then that person tells someone else and exaggerates it, and then that tells someone else and also exaggerates it etc, and then some random person comes up to you and say (for example) "Is it true you live on a huge farm?" and then im like O.o "Urr... No. I stay with my gran at weekends, on a small holding." and then you get bombarded with people saying you are lying. This also happened to me when I was dared to drink ketchup, and I took one small mouthful to complete the dare, and then my so called friend told everyone, and now everyone goes about saying I drink ketchup out a glass with my dinner and stuff. O.O

- When you go to click an egg, but refresh at the same time and grab a balloon. >.<

Edited by Sinister-by-Nature

I thought I was an easily annoyed person until I read this thread.. xd.png

Kidding aside - some basic annoyances for me are:

People with a huge sense of entitlement. The spoiled brats that exist today make me cringe. Being a little older than some of you (probably A LOT of you. ninja.gif ), I can do that whole "When *I* was your age" thing. And let me tell you, if I acted the way I see some teenagers act now when I was that age, I wouldn't have seen the light of day for weeks. Recently, I was party to a tantrum that went on when a 15 year old relative of the family started hurling the "I hate you" and the "You're A B****" at her mother because her Mom wouldn't get her a brand new Ipad for her birthday. This is a single mother with 4 children who lost her husband to suicide. Surely the daughter could understand that the Mom could not afford it, had she gotten over her own self for 1 minute. All I could think of was "Brat, *I* don't even have an Ipad. Get a job if you want one so badly!"

And on that note, my other annoyances are parents who let their children get away with murder, and have anything they want. Boundaries are GOOD. Children are not mini-adults. They need to learn the word NO, and the good feeling of earning things, not have everything fall into their laps.

Bullies, and people that pick on others just because they are different. Seriously, black brown purple green gay straight whatever...we are ALL humans. Cookie cutter humans are so boring, different makes the world go round. Love it. Embrace it. Stop the hating.

As the owner of two large guardian breeds, here is one of my major pet peeves - My dogs are MY dogs. Do not stick your hands in MY vehicle to try to pet them. Do not rush toward my dogs while I am out on a walk. Do not stick your hands out to touch them without asking me if it's okay. It's typically NOT. Not all dogs like strangers. Mine do not suffer fools well.

People who let their animals roam free to desecrate the yards of their neighbors. I have spent numerous hours and dollars creating a lovely backyard sanctuary as well as a large garden to feed my family. How wonderful it is to look out my window to admire my hard work, only to see a cat taking a dump in it. mad.gifmad.gif

People who mistreat animals. My number one grievance. If I see you hurt an animal, I will beat you. Seriously. I have chased more than one censorkip.gif*** down in my time and I will probably do it again. Don't let me see someone hurt an animal. I might be small, but I am mighty when I am pissed.

I think that's about it for now. Geez, free therapy session! xd.png

People who like to jump to conclusions. People who judge someone without even knowing the person. Hypocrites, and liars. People who have bad sportsman-ship. dry.gif

People who play their music so loudly (and with the bass so high) that their neighbors walls vibrate. After repeated requests to cut it out from said neighbors. Seriously- when I rule the world, that's going to be an capital offense. dry.gif

^This peeve brought to you by my sensory processing issues, the inconsiderate wastes of oxygen upstairs, and the resulting ungodly headache.

Oh, I recently noticed the return of a long standing pet peeve of mine... to the point where it actually popped up in my head when I saw this thread again. >_>

Guys with long fingernail(s). Just... cut them. I hate 'solo nails' especially - you know, where people trim all their nails except ONE (usually the thumb or pinkie) and omg, it is just so unappealing. :l

Idiots, my annoying Social Studies teacher, the use of text-speak. All of them annoy me.

My cat waking me up in the middle of the night.

Users on DragCave who judge me for my avatar. *cough, cough* Sinister-by-Nature

When the idiots who go to my school try to offend others with unintelligible homophobic slurs.

People with a huge sense of entitlement. The spoiled brats that exist today make me cringe.  Being a little older than some of you (probably A LOT of you. ninja.gif ), I can do that whole "When *I* was your age" thing. And let me tell you, if I acted the way I see some teenagers act now when I was that age, I wouldn't have seen the light of day for weeks.  Recently, I was party to a tantrum that went on when a 15 year old relative of the family started hurling the "I hate you" and the "You're A B****" at her mother because her Mom wouldn't get her a brand new Ipad for her birthday. This is a single mother with 4 children who lost her husband to suicide. Surely the daughter could understand that the Mom could not afford it, had she gotten over her own self for 1 minute. All I could think of was "Brat, *I* don't even have an Ipad. Get a job if you want one so badly!"

Oh god, I don't even consider this a pet peeve anymore, as seeing stuff like this just plain nearly brings me to tears.

Users on DragCave who judge me for my avatar.

You get used to it. cool.gif (cool avatar btw)

My current pet peeve: people who judge you based off of your taste in various things. Books, animals, shows, movies, aw, even your sexual preference. =U buut don't want to get into too long of a rant here

Edit: Also, people who are insanely uptight about grammar.

OOPS OH NO I'M PISSING OFF EVERYONE IN THIS THREAD lalalala~

Edited by Zovesta

Claiming to be a fan of something when you don't even know what media it takes the form of. There's very little more idiotic than 'I love House, it's a great video game series'.

I hate how if you get a horrible blistering sunburn outside no one cares, but if you go in a tanning bed for 2 minutes everyone says you are killing yourself and you are going to get skin cancer. Everyone already knows that tanning beds cause cancer, but even though the sunburn is much worse for you nobody cares.

We're going to Mexico in august. While no tan is safe for you, a gradual tan is safer than the horrible tan you'd get in Puerto Vallarta during august if you weren't in a constant state of applying sunscreen.

People who try to be friendly even though I don't like them. My gym teacher is like that. She is obsessed with exercise, and is never going to give up trying to make me like her class, even though I hate it and she knows it.

People who try to be friendly even though I don't like them. My gym teacher is like that. She is obsessed with exercise, and is never going to give up trying to make me like her class, even though I hate it and she knows it.

So... would you rather her be an absolute censorkip.gif* to you? I hated my PE class, too, and the teachers knew. They proceeded to continually make my life worse. It turned PE into something I genuinely could not stand, the worst part of my day (sometimes even week) and I frequently ended up in tears. This happened in multiple classes with multiple teachers. You'd prefer this?

Man, that sounds awful... *hugs* I kinda just wish she'd leave me alone, but...

That's valid. I had a teacher who I liked (ironically, he was one of those PE teachers, though I only had him as a substitute I think), and every day at lunch he insisted on coming over and informing me about my poor nutritional choices. I liked him and all, but I knew from the get-go that eating only Doritos and cookies was not the soundest nutritional plan. I was doing it anyway.

When people chew loudly. Ugg stop eating cotton candy like your chewing small animal bones.

When people bring up the 'Alaska Incident.'

Bad horse jokes.

When people bring certain characters to my roleplays. Cat ears, cat tail, powers. Stuff like that.

Japanese magna (is that what its called?) in general.

When people claim they have a wolfdog when their dog has practically NO wolf characteristics, or when people claim they have a high content when their dog is obviously low or no content. How could you be so ignorant about basic wolfdog phenotyping when you own one?