Saif

Pet Peeves

I don't like when people:

-stop for no reason in the hall way and you end up running into them

-expecting you to apologizes when you do run into them.

-people stopping in the halls to text/talk with friends(go to the other side of the hall morons, people are walking here!)

-Stopping in the hall to make out with your boy/girlfriend while I'm walking behind you and almost get caught in an accidental make-out session(seriously people, control your damn hormones).

-people who 'talk liek dis' when they're texting or writing a comment on a video/post/etc. You would think people had more dignity and would actually type like a real person, but alas that is not the case.

I'm not really a grammar Nazi(I'm not all too great with punctuation, sometime I miss spell things, and don't capitalize things when they should be), but to actually KNOW that people type like uneducated morons on purpose is beyond me.

Edited by PACMANnot

I have another. People who say "literally" twice when it wasn't literal to begin with.

I have another. People who say "literally" twice when it wasn't literal to begin with.

Agreed!! Or when they diside that they know more about YOUR childhood than you, or about your family/pet/house/ect. Expecaly when they talk about your boyfriend/girlfriend and say stupid things like "he's mad at you cuz it was cold this morning and he left his coat at your house and he froze his butt off!" then you think: "really? cuz he told me hes a man and can take it. plus theres nothing i can do about that. Srew you. I know him better than you and I know that it dosnt bother him, he just complans about things like that! SHUT UP!" or somthing like that. tongue.gif

Agreed!! Or when they diside that they know more about YOUR childhood than you, or about your family/pet/house/ect. Expecaly when they talk about your boyfriend/girlfriend and say stupid things like "he's mad at you cuz it was cold this morning and he left his coat at your house and he froze his butt off!" then you think: "really? cuz he told me hes a man and can take it. plus theres nothing i can do about that. Srew you. I know him better than you and I know that it dosnt bother him, he just complans about things like that! SHUT UP!" or somthing like that. tongue.gif

Err...what I meant was I saw someone say "Those wolves lives' are hanging by a thread, literally. LITERALLY." I almost punched a wall. My bro used to say it all the time too... >>

Edited by Diame

I have two...

1. people who are like broken records, repeating the same stuff and stories. (It was good enough the first time.. repeating it does not make it endearing, nor more funnier).

I avoid known broken recorders like the plague!

2. People who think that they wont get caught... and I end up catching them red handed or shortly after the act.

I have two that effects me the most:

1. When I'm waiting during a red light and the car next to me has trashy music on so loud that it vibrates the other cars around it.

2. When someone drums on their desk in class with their pencils obnoxiously or make noises, thinking that they're funny when no one is laughing.

1. people who are like broken records, repeating the same stuff and stories. (It was good enough the first time.. repeating it does not make it endearing, nor more funnier).

I avoid known broken recorders like the plague!

You'd hate me, then. My memory for conversation is atrocious, so I'll frequently tell the same stories simply because I'll forget we've had the conversation before. My other half is used to it by now, he just point's out that he's heared that one and, after being slightly confused, I change the subject.

You'd hate me, then. My memory for conversation is atrocious, so I'll frequently tell the same stories simply because I'll forget we've had the conversation before. My other half is used to it by now, he just point's out that he's heard that one and, after being slightly confused, I change the subject.

I excuse the ones that has physical damage to their brain or Alzheimer's .. but the ones who don't have neither have no excuse and i avoid those people.

what really bugs me is when people always say "like" where it dosn't belong in a sentence EX: "i was like mad at him for like the rest of the year" that was pretty much un-cooprative speach...and it bothers me that they say it over and over to tell what people were saying!

2. when you say "gay" about everything, Ex "that movie was gay" really?? that was both terrible grammer and mis-wording!

3. everyone freaks out over the smallest things -.- such as a small spider I myself love spiders.

4. purposly studdering to make fun of someone or they think it's funny

that's about it for me wink.gif

Well, I say "like" a lot in sentences, but I use it like someone does a pause. You know, like "uh", "eh", "um". It's annoying to me, but I can't help it. I got in the habit of it when I was in elementary school. :c Annoying, really.

ANYWAYS.

I hate it when people squeal. You know, those really high-pitched ones at any time they're excited. Scared, upset, happy, laughing.. it drives me CRAZY. Maybe it's just because I have sensitive ears, but really. You don't need to break the eardrums of the people around you to show your excitement. D:

I'm also one of those types that abhors cheating in school. If someone starts looking at my paper for a test, I'll write down the wrong answers then go back and redo them later. Or, if I know I don't have enough time, I'll just get up and tell the teacher. In my eyes, if you cheat, you are lying and stealing. You're not using YOUR brain, you're using someone else's, which is definitely not the point of school. It drives me insane.

Well, I say "like" a lot in sentences, but I use it like someone does a pause. You know, like "uh", "eh", "um". It's annoying to me, but I can't help it. I got in the habit of it when I was in elementary school. :c Annoying, really.

ANYWAYS.

I hate it when people squeal. You know, those really high-pitched ones at any time they're excited. Scared, upset, happy, laughing.. it drives me CRAZY. Maybe it's just because I have sensitive ears, but really. You don't need to break the eardrums of the people around you to show your excitement. D:

I'm also one of those types that abhors cheating in school. If someone starts looking at my paper for a test, I'll write down the wrong answers then go back and redo them later. Or, if I know I don't have enough time, I'll just get up and tell the teacher. In my eyes, if you cheat, you are lying and stealing. You're not using YOUR brain, you're using someone else's, which is definitely not the point of school. It drives me insane.

agreed

When someone says "the reality is..." every other sentence. My health teacher does it ALL. THE. TIME. It doesn't help that she likes to hear herself talk and I can't write my notes because her voice breaks through my concentration. And when she gets off topic and talks about her childhood for what feels like hours at a time when it's only 10 minutes.

Yes, I know she's just trying to help us take notes but I can't with her talking and I would like to take my own notes instead of listening to some person yapping away about what you SHOULD write. I just tear my notes up and define the vocabulary which won't help my on my next test.

Also, teachers who say 'like' every five words is ANNOYING. They're teachers for goodness sake, TALK RIGHT! I mean, I already get annoyed enough with my excessive use of the word as well as 'Uhhh' or 'umm' when ever I'm trying to think of something to say, I don't need a teacher role modeling the incorrect way to talk. I wish my actual English teacher was back, we have a crazy student teacher who talks like that.

Edited by PACMANnot

when you walk up two of your 'best' friends in hopes to just jump in the convo, but as soon as you come up they stop talking and extange looks. You ask them if they were talking about you jokingly, then it just gets even more awkward. sad.gif happened to me.

Same here. :/

I am also annoyed by this habit of mine, but I can't help it. -.-

Something my mom does a lot that annoys me:

Going "woah" or "wow" or anything like that during a thunderstorm every time she sees lightning. ._. I'm just sitting there trying to enjoy the thunderstorm in peace and every five seconds I have to listen to "WOAH". *facepalm*

When people don't finish their sentences. Like, 5 minutes ago, my mom said, "So how long are you...are you gonna be at...." It drives me up. the. wall. Aandd whenn peeopplee addd ann unnnessecarryy ammounntt off lettterrss too theeirr woorrddssss. Sometimes, I do that, but that's when I'm like, emphasizing something. (Like saying "thanksssssss" instead of "thanks")

My biggest pet peeve is a certain breed of hypocrite: People who volunteer for something, and then complain about it.

For example: I went on a service trip to the inner city where we did a LOT of hard work: painting fences, running a food bank, putting on a sports camp to keep the kids off the streets, etc. It was tiring, and frustrating at times, but I didn't complain because hard work is what I was there to do. So it really ticked me off when people starting saying: "Ugh, I'm too tired to do that," or "I don't want to do that job, it's gross," etc., or when they would just quit a task they were tired of doing and leave me to finish it by myself. dry.gif If you hate working that much, then don't come on the trip.

(Haha...I kinda rambled on a bit about that one. I have a lot of anger towards those kinds of people. xd.png )

This, too. And not just cheaters, but people who try to copy off your work in general, or try to get you to do their work for them. I do pretty well in school and I don't mind helping people, but I'd like for them to ask me for help. In my Chemistry class there is a girl who keeps looking on my paper for answers and writing them down. It's not for a test or anything, but it still really bugs me. Is it really that hard to ask for help? Once, when she was obviously copying down my paper, I nonchalantly set my arm down on top of it to cover my answers. So what does she do? She reaches over, grabs my arm, lifts it up, and continues copying down my answers, all without bothering to talk to me. Sheesh.

I get a little irked when I have to repeat something I say 'cuz whoever I'm talking to either wasn't listening or decided to wait 10 seconds before processing the fact that I'm trying to speak to them.

I get even MORE irked when the person in question gets mad at ME for repeating myself because THEY weren't paying attention or wouldn't respond to me. >.<

When someone says "the reality is..." every other sentence. My health teacher does it ALL. THE. TIME. It doesn't help that she likes to hear herself talk and I can't write my notes because her voice breaks through my concentration. And when she gets off topic and talks about her childhood for what feels like hours at a time when it's only 10 minutes.

Yes, I know she's just trying to help us take notes but I can't with her talking and I would like to take my own notes instead of listening to some person yapping away about what you SHOULD write. I just tear my notes up and define the vocabulary which won't help my on my next test.

Also, teachers who say 'like' every five words is ANNOYING. They're teachers for goodness sake, TALK RIGHT! I mean, I already get annoyed enough with my excessive use of the word as well as 'Uhhh' or 'umm' when ever I'm trying to think of something to say, I don't need a teacher role modeling the incorrect way to talk. I wish my actual English teacher was back, we have a crazy student teacher who talks like that.

Please remember teachers are humans too. We make mistakes.

This, too. And not just cheaters, but people who try to copy off your work in general, or try to get you to do their work for them. I do pretty well in school and I don't mind helping people, but I'd like for them to ask me for help. In my Chemistry class there is a girl who keeps looking on my paper for answers and writing them down. It's not for a test or anything, but it still really bugs me. Is it really that hard to ask for help? Once, when she was obviously copying down my paper, I nonchalantly set my arm down on top of it to cover my answers. So what does she do? She reaches over, grabs my arm, lifts it up, and continues copying down my answers, all without bothering to talk to me. Sheesh.

This happened to me once, but the girl actually said 'Hey, I'm trying to copy that!' -.-

This happened to me once, but the girl actually said 'Hey, I'm trying to copy that!' -.-

This happened to me one time but with a guy i abhorred, and I said LOUDLY in class: "Are you too stupid to use your brain? Next time, please dont touch my arm" The guy was still holding my arm and he was speechless. The history teacher was very miffed. Needless to say, I never saw that guy again.

People who abuse/neglect animals if you cant afford to take care of it don't buy it.

People who litter.

People who complain about stuff they WANTED to do.

People who have no idea what there talking about when i do say there right ( like once my friend said a komodo dragon could eat a dude for lunch which in fact i know they cant cause i researched reptiles/animals in general i know what im talking about) Wow i rambled on because i hate people like that tongue.gif .

People who are greedy cant you be happy about what you have?

People who think they are greater than everyone else when they aint.

People who trap animals for sport.

And much more WALL OF TEXT CRIT OVER 9000.

Oh...wow. That was so terrible of you to inconvenience her like that. tongue.gif

This happened to me one time but with a guy i abhorred, and I said LOUDLY in class: "Are you too stupid to use your brain? Next time, please dont touch my arm" The guy was still holding my arm and he was speechless. The history teacher was very miffed. Needless to say, I never saw that guy again.

It happened to you, too?! Nice.... I should've done that. xd.png I'm pretty sure I just picked up my paper and put it away, and she was pretty angry about that...yeah, she doesn't sit at the same table as me anymore.

Also, when my cousin is yelling his censorkip.gif head off to my other cousin for using the internet (If she does, he lags on the Xbox.) he is a bad hypocrite.

'YOU NEED TO STOP YELLING AND CURSING YOU censorkip.gif**'

I just snort and say 'Look who's talking. And facepalm.

When some one starts crying or complaining they they are stuck in the middle of somewhere.

I know it's kinda rude but seriously! Some people out there have it worse!

I had a friend start crying because apparently she felt stuck in the middle of an argument. "Stuck?" If by stuck you mean like there's paperclip in your hair then yes it WOULD describe your situation. But no, its SUCH a HUGE DEAL.

What happened:

See I have this one friend who hates my other friend. So friend #1 tells ^ that friend her side of the story. Then another friend who is friends with both like me, goes and tries to explain that they really should stop hating each other cause friend#2 has already stopped hating friend#1 and even wanted to be friends again. Then friend^ up there starts crying and Friend #1 comes over and shouts" You monster!" To friend #2 who hasn't said any thing but "I'd like to be friends again" and "That was 4 years ago. Can't she please just drop it?" Then friend #1 says something along the lines of "Look at what you've done to her. YOU made her CRY you monster." And so friend up there^ is sobbing and I say (being so considerate.) "What's wrong?" And then she goes "I fjust feel like I'm stuck in this mess." So them of course Friend#1 goes and rubs it in Friend#2's face saying stuff like your evil and such.

Why they F#1 hates F#2? Cause one of F#2's friends said she called her a lesbian, which isn't really supposed to be used offensively anyways! but every time I ask what happens, the story changes a bit till I'm not sure who's telling the truth.

And of course I'm still getting Po'ed by the friend^ for crying while stuck under a leaf.

And Now I fell terrible in so may way. Relating to this, I feel aweful because now F#2 has moved tables and won't sit with us anymore because she doesn't want to make Friend^ cry anymore.

People. Learn to deal with things alright?

((Edit: does this belong here or in the rant thread because I am really annoyed by this?))

Edited by Rainbow_Joy