Saif

Pet Peeves

I hate people telling me what to do. "You ought to do this, you should do that...etc" All the superlatives makes me want to hug a boulder and jump down a cliff. By the way, 'should' and 'ought' usually means a must in where I live. People can't stand me because I'm ADDing a lot and running around getting my head stuck in the blender because I don't like social norms.

I hate hate HATE it when people try to watch my while I'm drawing.  :c

Don't know why...I just do.  ._.

ooh, i know, right? because then i feel like i have an audience so i NEED to do really good and make an AWESOME picture and then i wonder if the person thinks it's stupid and then i get all hyperventilate-y and mess up.

and when i'm on the computer. my bother always, always, ALWAYS stalks me when I'm on the computer. it's SO annoying.

@ Diame

what ponies in peoples signatures?

Edited by glamoursea2

Socks make me angry for some reason. It happens when I wear plain but different socks, or you'll grab at them thinking you have 2, but you have one. T.T I know, weird, BUT IT"S SO FRUSTRATING! Lol, just slightly.

Socks make me angry for some reason. It happens when I wear plain but different socks, or you'll grab at them thinking you have 2, but you have one. T.T I know, weird, BUT IT"S SO FRUSTRATING! Lol, just slightly.

I hate when they're different sizes. Like, my mom often folds my socks (somehow I am sock-folding handicapped) and she pairs a short one with a slightly longer one...and i put them on and they're uneven and i just hate it!

My pet peeve is quite common. I can not stand improper grammar and spelling.

These types of things irk me. The most common words that are often missed used are "there" and "their." They just flat out annoy me. Chat speak does go along with this. I will usually type a "lol" here and there but I can not stand when ppl tlk like dis. It's hard for me to understand. huh.gif

People in college with no idea how to do basic algebra. As a Chemistry tutor I see it horrifically often. Ok, I can kinda understand if you don't know what a logarithm is or how to take an arccosine, but when you don't know how to solve 3 = x/2, there's an issue.

My favorite is when people try to adjust the significant figures by deleting an entire tens place. Like 137 magically "rounds up" to 13. DX

What bothers me is how people refer to things they dislike a pet peeve. It always has and always will

People in college with no idea how to do basic algebra. As a Chemistry tutor I see it horrifically often. Ok, I can kinda understand if you don't know what a logarithm is or how to take an arccosine, but when you don't know how to solve 3 = x/2, there's an issue.

I totally agree here when I take tutorials every now and then I find that even some 3rd year students (at university!) can't do any math at all even basic stuff like algebra or calculus. Sorry but if you're doing a science degree you need to know some basic math rolleyes.gif

When people have really long nails, are wearing rings, bracelets and other hand-jewelry, and keep them on while they're working with food with their hands, like kneading dough and such. It seems to be especially common on those cooking shows on TV.

That's my pet peeve. I inherited it from mom who worked at a restaurant where they were very strict about keeping your nails trimmed short, washing your hands properly and keeping your jewelry out of the damn food.

I know it is a regional thing, but it really bugs me when I hear pecan(like pecan pie) pronounced pee-can.

People who chew with their mouth open

People who play with their gum after they chewed it

People with poor hygiene

Red headed people

People who think their all cool and tough when their not

Edited by maustin89

-When people chew loudly and drink loudly

-When guys act all badass

-When people don't wash there hair. >.< ICK!!!

-Math (It sucks)

Haters big time! God I dispise of haters! No one understands who you really are so haters are always wrong! Only you know truely just who you are and if you have haters just ignore them they're just jealous cause your better than them!

I used to go to a British school, and I used to say "rubber".

Like, "pass the rubber".

Say that in the states, and, well, they think you're gay.

I also use some other expressions ("Hey! I bags that!") that make other people think I'm weird.

This reminded me of my english classes at school. I'm half Canadian, and speak english at home, even though we live in Norway. I've been forced to take English since grade two. I remember my teacher telling me that I wasn't speaking correctly because I use fall instead of autumn. I was so mad mad.gif

I also can't stand how a teacher says my answer is wrong on a vokab test, just because I used a different word witgh the same meaning. Sure, I probably should study, but do you really think I'll search my mind for exacly the same word that was in the book, when I have so many too choose from. Besides, calling a crosswalk for 'zebrastripes' just makes me laugh (no offnce to thoose who do use that word) and Lorry and que sound wierd. What's wrong with saying cross walk, truck and line up? Luckily, Canadian english and Brittish englis have farly simmilar spellings. I can't imagine what it would be like if I wrote color, honor and all that jazz.

As for the rubber episode, the same thing happened to my friend, just opposite. She'd just moved back to Norway after two years in the states. A guy in her class asked her to pass the rubber, and she had no idea what he was talking about.

Edited by coralkiki

Students.

People who chew with their mouth open

People who play with their gum after they chewed it

People with poor hygiene

Red headed people

People who think their all cool and tough when their not

People who insult other people's looks... tongue.gif

More seriously though, I hate it when:

People don't believe you when you're telling the truth.

People ask questions that you feel awkward answering.

People ask awkward questions and don't believe you when you answer them honestly.

People trying to find out about your personal life.

etc.

Red headed people

One less person to fight off my Karen then.

i dont like:

•Grammer Nazis

•Haters

•when ppl tell me what to do

•getting woken up before 12 on weekends

•bed times

•math

•my geography teacher

•waking up at 5am

•strict teachers

dry.gif

Edited by ~*+*SKITTLES*+*~

*People randomly talking to me in an extremely crowded place e.g an elevator

*Not letting me sing in the car

*Asking too many stupid question e.g: I say Look a horse! some one says where? I point and say there and they keep asking where?

*My brother trying to be funny

*annoying people

*MAD the cartoon network show

* Regular show another cartoon network show

* people disturbing me while i'm reading

BIGGEST PET PEEVE OF ALL...

*People who lie.

-Open mouth gum chewers...

-A baby crying too close-by...

-People who can't help but talk about themselves all the time...

-Old people that just stare at you for no reason...

-Old people that come right next to your seat in the bus and start sighing or staring at you and you can't ask them what's wrong because that'd be awkward for you when you know they just want to take your seat, but you don't want to give it up because you've been standing up all day and now suddenly there's this old fart that wants to take it from you!

When people touch my hair. Not family, people. I slap all hands.

i dont like:

•when ppl tell me what to do

•getting woken up before 12 on weekends

•bed times

•math

•waking up at 5am

•strict teachers

dry.gif

You won't enjoy adulthood then.

Pet peeves= People who talk like they know what they're talking about but really aren't, people who talk really really fast, and Teddy (You have no idea)