Saif

Pet Peeves

I've another thing that has hit the top of my (current) top annoyance list:

When someone complains that they don't have time to do the ONE chore that is their sole task to contribute to the upkeep of the apartment (dishes being the chore), and then that same person spends 80-90% of the weekend goofing off on a video game.

I had to take the clean dishes out of the dish washer (they had been in there for at least 3 days) and put the dirty ones back in this morning so I could have counter space to pull the coffee pot forward and make coffee. It only took me 6 minutes, so the person has NO excuse AT ALL.

What makes matters worse is that she apparently didn't notice, or care, that the task had been done for her...

GIRRR!

It's probably more of a peeve but; people who are inexcusably bad at geography.

Seriously? Is it so hard to keep Sweden and Switzerland apart? They have a few letters in their names in common, does that mean I could write out Armenia when I mean America?

What sort of geography lessons did you have that forgot to mention there exist four countries named Poland, Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania? What did you think there were there?

The most recent one: confusing Iceland and Greenland.

None of which are just a slip of the tongue, it's pure lack of knowledge or care.

This can be annoying as heck when you're on an international forum where it's likely that there will be people from those countries and nations present.

Gah, it just annoys me. You don't have to be a geography genius and be able to pin-point every country in the world, but you should at least have heard their names and have a vague image of what part of the continent they're located.

Maybe use google before posting something that makes you look like you've never seen a world map.

Edited by Ripan

I confess I've done that - and I did that because I was being treated so shoddily by the management at the company that I wasn't far off having a nervous breakdown. I'm told the manager that I'd been having trouble with was apoplectic with rage over the fact that I'd just turned my back and quit on him. He didn't seem to think people had the balls to do it.

Most of the guys I had been working with actualy applauded me for doing it.

In your case, I think I would understand. But this employee was nowhere near a nervous breakdown. Honestly, I think he was just butt-hurt because he wasn't getting Kitchen Manager training.

Another part about this particular employee that just flat out pissed me off was when he texted my boss, telling him that he was being too forward about being gay and that "he better get right with Jesus or hell is going to suck for him." As a bisexual Christian, that makes my blood boil.

It's probably more of a peeve but; people who are inexcusably bad at geography.

Seriously? Is it so hard to keep Sweden and Switzerland apart? They have a few letters in their names in common, does that mean I could write out Armenia when I mean America?

What sort of geography lessons did you have that forgot to mention there exist four countries named Poland, Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania? What did you think there were there?

The most recent one: confusing Iceland and Greenland.

None of which are just a slip of the tongue, it's pure lack of knowledge or care.

This can be annoying as heck when you're on an international forum where it's likely that there will be people from those countries and nations present.

Gah, it just annoys me. You don't have to be a geography genius and be able to pin-point every country in the world, but you should at least have heard their names and have a vague image of what part of the continent they're located.

Maybe use google before posting something that makes you look like you've never seen a world map.

Well considering most people in here have never ever taken geography...

Another thing that annoys me...

In an open-seating auditorium, people always seem to sit on the aisles instead of moving towards the center... and they KNOW that other people will be coming.

The middle seats won't bite, I promise.

When people say "awkward...." when there's a pause in the conversation. It wasn't awkward until they said that.

Well considering most people in here have never ever taken geography...

Good grief, really? It's a required subject up to age 14 in the UK.

"That's what she said."

It was never funny, it will never be funny, and every time someone says it I want to smack them. It's even worse when they don't actually know HOW to use it. >_>

Edited by AngelKitty

It's even worse when they don't actually know HOW to use it. >_>

That's what she said.

dohohohoho

That's what she said.

dohohohoho

*Smacks.* >:|

I set myself up for that didn't I.

Hypocrites!

always hated them and forever will. It's hard to not be one yourself, but not impossible.

*sign*

And you're right, it's hard. In my opinion, admitting "Yeah, sometimes I do that myself, even though I know it's stupid" is enough to make you look less like an idiot, and more like a normal person. Nobody is perfect.

A good example is a girl I know. She always hates on people who judge you by your outer appearance - okay. And then she says "Luckily, the poeple who listen to our kind of music, aren't that shallow."

Just let that get to you.

I told her, that putting people in categories as "listens to that kind of music - must be a cool guy/girl" is just as shallow as judging them by their clothes.

- Unsocial/shy people

Now that's a bit unfair. What are shy/unsocial people doing that annoys you? If they really are shy and unsocial, they won't be bothering you, they'll just be staying silent in the background. Some people are just like that.

Honestly, I think overly loud and obnoxious people to be much, much more annoying than quiet people. Quiet people tend to be quite nice (all the ones I know, anyway).

And just in case you're wondering, I'm in the middle, leaning towards loud with friends.

Other things that annoy me are:

~ People complaining too much. Ironically, I'm doing this now, and admit I do quite a lot of complaining, but I refrain from that in real life.

~ People not knowing about/admitting their flaws. Like before, I admitted that I am prone to complaining. But at least I'm not denying it. I'll also admit I can be selfish, and can get annoying with constant talking. But it's people who don't admit and accept that they aren't perfect that annoy me.

~Hypocrites. I know I've had said some hypocritical things, but I try not too, and try and think before saying those things. I'm not talking about minors annoyances. I'm talking about the hypocrites who are loud about it. They tell everyone to be nice, without trying themselves.

~People with absolutely no sense. Now, I don't blame stupid people, it's not really their fault. But sometimes you just can't help but facepalm at how blind people can be. Like the many unrealistic trades in the trading threads with people wanting 2nd Gen Hollies for Inbred Water Walkers (extreme example, but the main idea is there).

~Immature people. Okay, since I'm somewhat immature, that makes me a hypocrite, right? Well, I'm talking about the stupid kind of immature. Not the wide-eyed idealism kind, but the kind of immaturity that young boys often possess, the kind that makes them laugh if someone farts. Yeah, some people keep those traits into teenagehood, except transforming them a bit. I don't see what's funny about throwing rocks at old ladies, swearing in every sentence and just being a sick *******.

~ Girly girls AND tomboys. The ones who try too hard. Girly girls try too hard to be popular and look good for guys (make up, obsessed with clothes etc). Tomboys try too hard to uphold their image as well, claiming themselves to be one of the boys as if that makes them better than other girls (honestly, when are we going to get rid of the idea that males are always better than girls and that being feminine is weakness?).

That turned out to be longer than I intended. Oh.

Edited by EeveeSkitty

Normally I'm a calm person..

But when I'm sleeping. And my siblings start to fight. And they're loud. That makes me really aggressive somehow oO

Oh and there's someone.. xd.png

She's very arrogant. I can't stand the way she talks to other people (including me) when she's not happy about something. And some other things.

I hate princesses like her 8D

When people post huge text in eye-searing colors in their signature. I get that they're trying to make sure people notice it, but... Even if they're otherwise nice and polite, it gives the impression that they're SCREAMING AT YOU with every post, and often makes it hard to read other text on the page, just because that one area is so eye-hurty.

Actually, sometimes it's even weirder and worse when the person's talking perfectly normally and nicely. Like they've got a monkey sitting on their shoulder screaming and making crude gestures at everyone they're talking with, yet they're acting like there's nothing out of the ordinary going on. >.<

^ Oh, God, yes.

There are some things people say or do that really drive me up the effing walls. For example:

My mother: "....It's just perfect."

Me: #1- Perfection doesn't exist.

#2- The way she says it makes me want to smack her.

#3- Is that all it is? Perfect?

My Dad: (speaking like he's at climax)

Me: #1 - I'm right here!

#2 - You're talking about something not sex-related.

#3 - It makes me want to hurt you.

Edited by Invisiblemoonlight14

At the moment it's this Gadaffi guy and is insane megalomania..

And his sons,

user posted image

In February 2002, a visit by Saif al-Islam, regarded as a wild child, brought headlines after reports of a late-night sex romp in Port Douglas. A bodyguard allegedly pulled out a gun on a Barrier Reef dive boat

user posted image

Several Cairns prostitutes also alleged there was a sex party with members of the entourage.A former NSW government staffer recalled yesterday that a consul to a Pacific nation had recounted how one of the Gaddafi sons in 2006 left the country without paying a $7000 bill at a high-class Sydney brothel.

http://www.smh.com.au/national/gaddafi-son...0226-1b97b.html

Absolute power definitely corrupts absolutely..

You know what really annoys me? When people give everyone the same punishment even if only one or two people did something.

That's because if you go the other way and try and single them out, you will invariably end up punishing the wrong ones anyway. And you can't always be assured you will catch all the culprits if it is a large group, especially if you didn't directly witness it. Hence blanket punishment.

Edited by Kestra15

Being ignored when you offer to help some one out. You know who you are O.O lol.

Hypocrites

Obnoxious snooty children (and the parents that raised them to be that way..)

When I get a donut with the wrong filling

Edited by emetib92

This one woman at an auto show who screamed at my cousin and I for getting in "line" next to her, because it would take more time for her to get a toy car for her adult son. And there was no line anyway. It was more of a giant clump of people.

I'm annoyed right now, and I've already ranted on my other forums, so.... yeah.

Last night I tried to log onto my gmail account and found that it had been "disabled for suspicious activity". They wanted me to enter my cell phone number so they could text me a verification-thingy. Um, one, I don't give out my number over the internet, and two, that phone is strictly for emergencies.

I shot off an email to their support, and got a reply with a link to a form to fill out about my account activity. Only, most of the questions didn't even apply to me; Asking about features I don't even use, etc. And they honestly expect me to remember the exact date I registered my gmail account, over two years ago?!

So yeah. That was late last night. It is now 5pm and I still haven't heard back and my gmail is still disabled. That is my main email and I was expecting a few important emails soon, so..... ARGH.