CYDA LUVA83

Acting like your age

Depending on the situation, if I'm discussing things that require a slightly more 'grown up' view on things, I'll try my best to act mature. I've been told I'm mature for my age sometimes. When I was younger I was even told I was responsible for my age (I had to cook dinner for my kid sisters when I was still in primary school, dad wasn't really the best of 'role-models', had to grow up mentally faster than my sisters).

Though, I've pretty much taken a turn, now I usually act a lot younger in terms of gaming addictions and the like, couldn't really care less about what I can do at my age other than getting a licence. And well, I'm a lot less responsible than I should be when it comes to certain things. On the Internet, I usually act older or on par with my age, rarely do I get immature to the point of dropping the f bomb in MMO's, I do that in real life if a game or situation is particularly frustrating.

I guess I'm only mature for my age if the situation calls for it, otherwise no; usually I'm one of the more docile of my siblings until I get angry then I'm close to being the most immature. Yeah, this post is full of contradictory statements as well. laugh.gif

Edited by VampiricOmen

As I say, act your shoe size, not your age >:3

I'll act mature if its a situation where it matters but mostly, thats my motto and my friends accept it

At school I act like a moron. I swear. xd.png

I'm better online P:

Edited by Ninetails

I have yet to be called immature, though my list includes random, insane, catlike, hyperactive, super-tired, and mature.

So I don't really know.

Well, sometimes. Most of my life I've been told I'm mature.

And then an one of my friends (we are both at college) decide to chase a stick down the river in the park, running along the river bank and throwing stones at it when it gets stuck. Sometimes you just gotta act like a kid laugh.gif

People tell me I usually act like I'm a hundred and fifty years old...I knit, I bake and I like cats. I sound like someone's grandmother. xd.png

Edited by frostmourne

"The twins shared a wicked grin before they answered.

Well, I believe..." one started.

That we are acting our age. I mean...

That as long as we age, anyway we act...

Is our age." the other finished."

I can act really childish if I want, but most of the time people tell me that I'm mature beyond my years -_- It's gotten a bit annoying, and then there's the fact that I'm not even trying.

Pah, I'm not really sure about myself.

I think I might be someone who acts younger than their age. I don't have that certain "insensitive" kind of immaturity (laughing if someone farts etc) but I have a cheerful personality around friends, which seems to be associated with being young. Still, I'm not overly optimistic or anything, I think logically (I hope) and am realistic. I don't have that innocent view of the world children do (I've long come to the conclusion humans are jerks).

So I really don't know.

Edited by EeveeSkitty

It's overrated.

I act far more mature than my years at some times, the absolute stereotype of my age at other times, though most of the time I act like a little kid. :3 I guess I don't really want to pass my childhood by too quickly.

What is acting your age? Even was a little child was expected to act more older by some while others was perfectly fine. I have always taken responsiblity for my actions then and now. I love life and if I don't act my age accordingly to others well then tough. Like previously mention it is simply a stereotype place on us who have a passion for life.

I am childish, of course. I'm playing DC, for example...

Dear me, I've still got a milk tooth (yes, in my mouth and working after 40 years), I wait for it to fall out to grow up... and then I'll still be only grown up in body, not as a mind.

Acting like your age? No. Certainly not. Actually, I'm planning to cultivate infantility up to the moment it'll shift into senility by nature.

Usually no, since I either act far more mature...or a lot more childish, specially if something looks dangerously fun.

I may be in my early 20's and in college, but I can still act like a little kid. Life isn't fun if you're acting your age.

My driving instructor always tells me I have a very old head on young shoulders haha! I've always acted older that I am. I mean, i'm 21 but i've been acting 21 since I was about 17 lol

No, i'm immature...

But i can act really mature sometimes. Only sometimes. And then it doesn't last to long xd.png

Let's see...as a college student I have to say that I definitely don't act my age. It seems like maturity rises until college and then it plummets, only to slowly rise again.

I was always so serious and a few years ahead. I heard this from my family and friends too. For the last year or two, things have gotten difficult but I've seemingly become more easygoing and childish.

Let's see...as a college student I have to say that I definitely don't act my age. It seems like maturity rises until college and then it plummets, only to slowly rise again.

So true. My college hall would line the staircases with mattresses every semester during finals week, and we would don trash bags and slide down. Good times.

I like to slide down head-first. That fact alone should tell you whether I act my age or not.

Dear me, I've still got a milk tooth (yes, in my mouth and working after 40 years), I wait for it to fall out to grow up...

Ha! Me, too. And I still have alot.png of them. (I love that "smiley") I've only lost one, a few years ago.

Back to topic:

In general, I'm still childish. My sense of humor is often described as childish, and when it comes to Christmas or my birthday - yeah, I'm still as excited and happy as I was at the age of...pfff.. 12 maybe?

Mostly it depends on the people surrounding me. I've got my 'local friends', here at home, and I've got my 'rpg friends', which are scattered around germany. Once or twice a year, we meet, and on these occasions, I'm acting far more childish than I do around my local friends.