CYDA LUVA83

Acting like your age

I don't act my age. Just ask Qwackie and Cyda! I'm going to the Valentines Dance with no date. I'm just going to have fun!

Usually I act a lot more mature than my age. I don't like to be around immaturity a lot, especially adults who act immature, mostly because that describes a lot of the adults around here. >___> As such I enjoy spending more time around adults more than I do people my own age (17).

@Kiki: I'm 17 and I don't feel mature enough to drive, lol. The fact that, "hey, there are other multiton vehicles on the road too!" just frightens the living hell out of me. Plus also I'm nervous, and I reflex the other direction when I see things coming at me...not exactly good qualities for a driver...the one time I ever really act immature is when my mom says "you need to learn to drive". @____@

Most people say that i act older than I am, and i usauly don't like hanging around immaturity. i like hanging around people older than me because they are most of the time a whole lot wiser than i, and i need all the wisdom i can get. life is hard and life is full of pain, but in life one should never focuse on this, life can be full of joy, it all depends on how you react to it. I've had people tell me to follow my heart and emotions, but all i recieved from that is hardship and pain. I find that it does not matter ur age, but that you can be more wise at the age of four, than u are at the age of twenty.

-sorry for the typos, i am reeeeallly tired-

I do hang out with older kids a lot, and talk about them with stuff I don't talk about with my sixth-grade buddies... but I do fit in with my same-grade buddies, and we can be *really* immature at times. tongue.gif

i dont mean to say that i am not insane, at times, but usauly, that is the way i am around people mine own age. because that is all i usualy get from people mine own age, they're always the plankton upon the top of the massive sea, when i wish that they would discover the depths of the great blue wonder, called the sea, underneath them. not that their isnt a time to be crazy, its just when it is time, my friends are bored, disrespectful, and annoyed by this. and this saddens me, greatly, because their is so much more to life than what 'tis on the surface. lol, i just turned this into a big and serious thing, didnt i?

@Kiki: I'm 17 and I don't feel mature enough to drive, lol. The fact that, "hey, there are other multiton vehicles on the road too!" just frightens the living hell out of me. Plus also I'm nervous, and I reflex the other direction when I see things coming at me...not exactly good qualities for a driver...the one time I ever really act immature is when my mom says "you need to learn to drive". @____@

I'm SO glad I am NOT alone on this. X_x I totally feel the same. On my 16th birthday everyone asked, "So when ya driving?", "Taking drivers-ed?", or "What kinda car are you gonna get?" I was thinking, "Someone ask me that again and I'll take back this birthday.. dry.gif " Another reason being stupid people out on the road.. and road rage. My father had (has?) a horrible case of it. Once I was with him, my sister and her husband. He yelled and flipped off someone; they threw a paper cup at the window. Just happened to be the backseat and the side I sat at. :/

Overall- I just prefer telling people I'm 12 and getting into the movies for half off or something. xd.png

It sort of depends on the situation and who I'm around, really. ^^; Like sometimes around my closer family, I can act like a bit of a kid… especially when we get the board games out and whatnot (my mom's side of the family is really laid back and likes to just have fun together). Also, around my boyfriend. He has always kind of babied me so at times, the way I act might show it. .__. I would like to think I am still really mature around him though. We both act like kids around each other often, to be honest… it's not all me. laugh.gif Around people I don't know well/don't see often, I am usually pretty mature. I really only feel comfortable acting "immature" around close family and my boyfriend.

Overall- I just prefer telling people I'm 12 and getting into the movies for half off or something. xd.png

Oh, how I wish I could still pull off something like that. But I'm your age and I look 21. xd.png

Fortunately, my mom will be eligible for the senior price at the majority of our local theaters later this year. And then some places offer student pricing.

I find the phrase "act your age" to be... Inaccurate. Honestly, how is a 99 year old person supposed to act? Most of them are senile, or dead.

I think I act exactly as I am meant to. Always, I try to act my Best.

I am the serious, responsible type.

All the time.

Except when I'm around a few people. Then I become freakishly random and scary.

no i don't act my age. to be truthful i have no idea how a 26 year old should age and if i did i don't thing i could

To tell you the truth, I don't know what a 15 year old like me is supposed to act?

Depends. If it's like Thanksgiving, where people come over, I try to be polite and act my age, or older. But most of the time, I'm a girl who acts a little younger, but looks older. I try to be mature. It's not like I go around saying, "Hey, you gotta pimple" or stuff like that.

~Cavey

Edited by Cavedragon49990

I think for me it depends on the situation lol

If other people were acting not there age, I'd probably join in on not acting my age. But other then that, I'd probably just be me. People used to tell me I act mature for my age to.