CYDA LUVA83

Acting like your age

I usually act my age because seriously if I act immaturely like a kid/idiot at work, uni, or in public no ones going to take me seriously. The only time I don't is usually when I go out with friends.

Edited by Kaynight

Nobody here would know. tongue.gif

Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional. The day I start acting like my 39+ years, is the day they may as well haul me away to the old folks' home.

I'm 19, but I get along best with people in their 30s and 40s, so I behave accordingly. However, I can be just as immature as the next teen when in an all-teen situation.

How the hell is a 19yo supposed to even act? I mean, that age is supposed to be somewhat mature, as we've just hit adulthood, but still young and living the college life (at least I am, seeing as I'm in college).

I don't know what the average is for my age and probably don't have an average myself so hell if I know. @_@

College is very fun, yes... rolleyes.gif

Edited by Ælex

People tell me I don't act nor really look my age. They tell me I look older and act a lot more mature LOL.

My friend spazzed out at me during lunch. She just turned around and started yelling "WHY ARE YOU SO MATURE? You're just sitting there drinking your coffee with your new red highlights and you're doing work D: !!!! You don't scream or yell and you're not hyperactive!!! You're parents let you do what you want andandand ;_;... YOU'RE SO MATURE, WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU?! [ insert jealous look here ]". It was pretty funny LOL <__<.

But really? I don't know nor do I care what people think about the way I act. I act the way I want and that's all there's to it.

Acting like my age, you ask? Well, for a 13 year old, I act WAY too mature. I always use manners, never beg for anything unless I need something mandatory, call everyone "sir or "ma'am", regardless of age and I very much enjoy doing work around the house with no complaints. I'm also the only 13 year old in my school who doesn't laugh about certain body parts.

Though, I have to say, some people say I look a lot younger than a 13 year old(despite having a huge scar under my left eye) and mistaken me for a 10 year old, which I think is a compliment.

EDIT: The only time I don't act the way I specified is when I'm really angry or fighting. When that happens, I act like some kind of medieval warrior or like my great grandfather, who fought in World War 2!

Edited by Luminousfire

I am 8 acting 28.

Of course you are, Kai, of course.

I consider the way I act ageless. My personality's pretty cold, but sometimes I act like a complete moron. Not immature, just like a moron. I like things from the past ((obviously, a Siouxsie Sioux banner and a Bauhaus avatar as well as a quote from The Cure in my signature? 80's music. Mm.))

The age I act changes by who I'm around, I think. If I'm on a forum full of adults, I fake my age, stay out of the debates, and act as mature as I possibly can. A forum like this can vary, as well as real life. There are many people my age here, but I consider the lot of them irritating and moronic at times. Some I respect, but others I act pretty cold to. It all depends on who you are.

In private, I act considerably younger than I am. However, in public I tend to get along with those older than myself, much better than those my age.

I'm aspie - of course I don't act my age! It's a developmental delay, mentaly I'm only about 2/3rds the age I am physicaly.

Which I guess makes me mentally in my late teens wink.gif

That said I've been accused of being middle aged since I was actualy 15 (may have something to do with bell ringing & steam train obsessions I admit) so goodness only knows.

I act a combination of 12 and 15. I'm older than that. Of course, I can be pretty (im)mature during debates with my younger brother. I nearly always win with sheer logic and knowledge backed up with facts, and he either goes into a fit of destructive rage or ends up with his default argument "Your face." Bonus points when I kind of start it (him: Oh my GOD. It has 5 hours left. me: Lol, that's funny. him: What's funny? me: Your God has 5 hours left. *cue fit of rage*) or backfire an insult.

Sometimes he just makes it too easy. I'll say something mildly insulting, he'll say "Your face *insert my statement here*." All I have to do then is say "Dude, do you even thin about those things before you say them?" Usually he takes that one in good humor and admits "Nope."

Uh, I rambled, didn't I? Sorry 'bout that!

I tend to act much older than I am. Most of my friends are upwards of 20 years older than me, and I'm taking classes with students 3-5 years older than me. If you toss in ski patrol and being forced to be mature while on the job, there's obvious reasons why I'm mature.

That doesn't, however, mean that I'm not completely immature and inappropriate at times. I have on a few occasions, been compared to a teenage boy.

I'm 13, and when I first meet people they honestly think I'm like 15-16. And I definitely don't act 13.

That doesn't, however, mean that I'm not completely immature and inappropriate at times. I have on a few occasions, been compared to a teenage boy.

I am a teenage boy, but I don't act like one.

Edited by Lagg

Funny. Almost everyone on here under the age of 20 seems to think they act more mature than they are... and almost everyone over that age seems to think (or should I say hope wink.gif ) they act younger than they are.

We can't all be right, guys. If everyone in a certain age group acted 'mature' then that maturity would be considered normal for the age. It isn't, and it's therefore statisticaly very unlikely that everyone here in their teeens is 'more mature' than a normal teenager.

Rather like how (as reported in the UK recently, anyway) some 90% of drivers think they are better than average....

Erm, this is a hard question... *glances around furtively*

I guess I can be mature, but at the same time, would you guys throw acorns at your big brother tackling your younger brother in the parking lot? Would you go swimming in your church retention pond in your really good clothes?

Would you play tag at any given opportunity? If you went to a snow 'show' where you weren't allowed to throw snow, would you find a spot that wasn't being watched and have a mini snowball fight?

I do all this, and more. But people still think I act older then I am, probably because Id on't talk much.

I am 30 and I act older than my age, and I have for a good majority of my life. In Middle School and High School, I got along better with my teachers than I did with most of the kids my age. Even now a good portion of the people I get along with are at least 10-15yrs older than I am. Which seems to explain why I always act older than my age.

Now I am not saying that I do not act immature, or inappropriate at times. I think we all are immature or inappropriate sometimes in our lives. smile.gif

Nope, I act WAY more mature for my age, but can still be rofllolwat.

I know more than kids my age too.

Funny. Almost everyone on here under the age of 20 seems to think they act more mature than they are... and almost everyone over that age seems to think (or should I say hope wink.gif ) they act younger than they are.

We can't all be right, guys. If everyone in a certain age group acted 'mature' then that maturity would be considered normal for the age. It isn't, and it's therefore statisticaly very unlikely that everyone here in their teeens is 'more mature' than a normal teenager.

Rather like how (as reported in the UK recently, anyway) some 90% of drivers think they are better than average....

And also all those under the age of 20 are desperately trying to appear more mature than they are, and all those over the age of 20 are desperately trying to appear less mature than they are xd.png

I am conflicted. When it comes to teen humor (perverted humor) I can't stand it, and at times I ask such people why they can't be more mature. Then I realize that's just human nature in general. The non perverted people will never be able to understand them.

I've gotten told to act my age before, that I am an adult and should act like one. I have been told I should do more adult things like drinking and other things I am not interested in. But the world is one very big playground to me and I am going to use it as such

I'm 19, but I get along best with people in their 30s and 40s, so I behave accordingly. However, I can be just as immature as the next teen when in an all-teen situation.

I would have never guessed that you were 19. blink.gif

Im 17 but im in touch with my childish side-hard to act 17 around siblings and many people im normally with around 10 years old

Over the internet, people tend to guess I'm 20-30.

If I act like I do in real life, but on the internet, they guess I'm 5.

Really, I'm 12.

>>>it's so weird going back and seeing something I posted when I was 12. I am now 17.

Edited by Aquenee