Jump to content
WonderBubbles

The Island 'Clan Camp-fire'

Recommended Posts

As you’re walking through a jungle on an island in the middle of an ocean, you spot a flickering light in the darkness. Tripping over vines and roots, you make your way through the trees. Eventually, as the light gets brighter and clearer, you find yourself at the edge of a clearing. Small huts are barely visible just beyond the edge of the fire’s light, which originates from a crackling camp-fire in the centre of the clearing.

 

Around the fire are people and animals, huddling close or sprawling comfortably on the leaf littered ground. They’re all looking your way, some look nervous, while others are glad to see you. There are a few hostile, protective faces – you notice that they hold young kids close to them – but they’re the minority. You can see predators and prey alike among the people; you wonder what kind of people they are, to have cougars, tigers, deer and rabbits in a small area.

 

A young woman, followed by a tiger, walk up to you. A tall, muscled man gets slowly to his feet and lumbers toward you. The woman grins at you as she gets closer and greets you happily.

“Welcome to the Island of Shifters. Why don’t you take a seat?” she offers, her tone light and friendly.

You see the tiger press against her legs and she strokes its back gently. The man stands behind her and greets you with a silent nod. You can almost feel his raw power hitting you in waves. As you sit down, the rest of the group resumes what they were doing before you got there.

“I’m Bubbles, the big guy is Canarl,” she smiles, and then looks at the tiger. “This pretty girl here is Stripe. What’s your name?”

 

 

 

How's that for some sparkle? x3

Remember to keep on topic, guys.

 

IC Thread

Edited by WonderBubbles

Share this post


Link to post

All done and sparkle-afied. c:

Hope you like it. c:

 

 

Remember to keep on topic and doooon't post OoC in the IC, kay? c: Keep checking back here, too. XD I might have stoof posted/edited. o.o

I'll probably keep the character sheets where they are for the moment, unless I figure out what else to put in the second post. c:

Share this post


Link to post

Ooh. *sets out approver-luring cookies*

Share this post


Link to post

Lalalalala C: Horseh gonna eat chu, Stripeh~

Share this post


Link to post

yo. those two, the horse and tiger that have been fighting, they're about to get a unexpected visitor(a.k.a. my monkey shifter).

Share this post


Link to post

Roko (the horse) probably wouldn't notice him, since monkeys tend to be on the smaller side, and she's preoccupied with the tiger right now. x3

Plus, unless he was humanish when she saw him, Roko wouldn't know if he was a shifter. She'd pass him off as a regular monkey until she saw him shift.

Share this post


Link to post

anyone want to be the one I just had Rust come after?

Share this post


Link to post

torch, she's already coming up on him in my post, think you could have him just turn around to find her or something?

Share this post


Link to post

and the Komodo slips out to find them~~

Share this post


Link to post

I know I'm not in this RP, but have you tried PMing a mod to get them to move this? It helps the process move along much quicker. (And jaina, please don't double post when you can use the edit button.)

Share this post


Link to post

Hey guys - just a short announcement.

 

Haze has volunteered to be a mod for the role-play. c: You all have to listen to her and respect her, 'kays?

 

EDIT: Also, unlike me, she doesn't take BS from anyone. c: And she WILL let you know if you've done something wrong, 'kays?

Edited by WonderBubbles

Share this post


Link to post

Haze is me, by the way, in case anyone didn't know. x3

Share this post


Link to post

Fire makes everyone get together, doesn't it? biggrin.gif

Share this post


Link to post

thanks a lot for ignoring my post wonderbubble, really helps......:/

Edited by LordTorch18

Share this post


Link to post

I did not ignore it, Torch. I had started my post before yours was posted and now I have edited. Hold your tongue before you're sure that I have ignored you.

 

~

 

Yes, drac, it does. XD Scary as all hell, but a great idea.

Brings back memories of the bush-fires we had here. x_x

Share this post


Link to post

Yeah, Torch. That's pretty mean. She already edited and she can kick you for that.

 

Well, I just thought that the helicopter would catch William for trying to ground them and all, but..yeah.

Share this post


Link to post

Alright, yes, I made a mistake there and I apologize. Sorry wonderbubbles. Forgive? Everyone makes mistakes right? All we can do is learn from them. I'll try not to make the same mistake again, but I can't guarantee anything. :/

Share this post


Link to post

You're forgiven. Learn fast, Torch.

 

~

 

x3 I don't think they'd consider a lizard a threat over a raging inferno.

Also, could you please add two sentences to that, at least? Lit, remember.

Share this post


Link to post

2nd page~

 

William was very much human then.

Share this post


Link to post

Remember guys, seven sentences is only for extreme writer's block :V I don't want to have to get after people for abusing that. It's not hard to be descriptive.

/points to own aimlessly descriptive posts

And I'll be a lot more of an ass about it than Bubbles will be. ^^

 

 

/prods Roko

Gimme something to do, you useless equine D:

 

 

Edit: Hey Bubbles, I was thinking, it might be a little useful to have a link to the main roleplay on the first post of the OOC. The roleplay has one to the OOC though, right? /can't remember

Edited by Shiny Hazard Sign

Share this post


Link to post

question! it's kind of directed at Crystal but maybe you guys could offer advice too!

 

i don't know what to have Hale do. if i were him, i wouldn't go running down into the field (first fire, now a helicopter threat) and he kind of just wants to sit there in their in the cave. Crystal, were you planning on having Avery go down there?

 

did you guys understand her post that way? aaah i feel stupid xd.png because i'm not sure if that's what she meant.

Share this post


Link to post

O.O I didn't put the link in there? Oops... o.o' I shall fix that in a moment~.

 

And, yes, Haze will be a lot tougher than I am... XD

 

 

cryptic: I think she shoved her character right at the back of the cave. c:

Share this post


Link to post

You see cryptic

*scratches back of her head* Avery wanted to help but decides against it and pulls you to the back of the cave so the helicopter doesn't spot us

Share this post


Link to post

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.