bluesmudge

Bluesmudge's art thread

Hello all, figured I'd make an art thread to show my work and hopefully get some feedback on them smile.gif I'm not taking requests at the moment because I'm quite busy but I'll probably open them up some time in the future. All of my work can be viewed at my DA account -> http://bluesmudge.deviantart.com but here are some of my faves biggrin.gif

user posted image

First up it's my avatar, this was my first attempt at Photoshop.

user posted image

I do a lot of Pokemon fanart so here is a Garchomp smile.gif

user posted image

This is my most popular picture, I'm quite proud of this one.

user posted image

More Pokemon fanart, can't you tell I'm obsessed? laugh.gif

user posted image

Some HTTYD fanart of Toothless.

user posted image

More Pokemon fanart, excuse the background I rushed it like crazy xd.png

user posted image

This was a still life I made of one of my dragon ornaments smile.gif

user posted image

user posted image

These two were Christmas gifts for people of their OCs.

user posted image

and finally a non-digital piece. This is a skink that I painted with watercolours on canvas.

--------------------------------------------

user posted image

Some traditional art of characters from finding Nemo.

user posted image

My cutest piece, Perry the Platypus as a baby.

user posted image

Another Pokemon piece, I put a lot of effort into the background here.

user posted image

my Ninja Panda character for my college project

user posted image

Again for my college project, he's a ghost named Nero.

user posted image

This character is a white rabbit called Oliver and he is an Artist.

user posted image

My cat character, Sara, for my college project. These four will be on display to the public in June.

user posted image

Another baby Perry the platypus

Edited by bluesmudge

You've got some good stuff going on here. I think your best is probably that Toothless piece, very good lines, simple and cute. Keep it up!

Toothless has to be my favorite digital! As for traditional the dragon ornament is simply gorgeous!!! I just like staring at it. :3

Thank you very much guys biggrin.gif I love the feedback you're giving me smile.gif

Here is my newest completed digital piece. It's some fan art of Perry the Platypus/ Agent P from the show Phineas and Ferb. But I made him into a baby biggrin.gif

user posted image

D'AWWWW he's so cute baby-fied! I have the song on my phone, my friend sent it to me xP

Just double-checking, you use a tablet and photoshop, right?

Thank you very much guys biggrin.gif I love the feedback you're giving me smile.gif

Here is my newest completed digital piece. It's some fan art of Perry the Platypus/ Agent P from the show Phineas and Ferb. But I made him into a baby biggrin.gif

user posted image

That's adorable. <3

Awwwwwww zee baby Perry is so cute <3 I died from cuteness . Then came back to life . . . you're really good ! Please keep drawing !

This thread is gathering dust so allow me to throw in my newest work in progress:-

user posted image

I'm in the process of colouring it in Photoshop smile.gif

Ooh. <3 You certainly have a lot of potential but, like me, your anatomy could do with some improving. I really like your traditional pieces, though.

Keep it up. c:

Word of advice for your drawings: start by drawing the subject's skeleton first. You don't have to go into an insane amount of detail, but just lay out lines for the arms, torso, skull, legs, tail, and so on. That way it's easier to see if the pose looks natural or unnatural. Once you have a suitable skeleton, draw muscles over the lines--imagine where the muscles would go and how they would connect. Once you have some muscles on your subject, you can draw the skin and detail it to your heart's content. I would also recommend finding references for subjects similar to what you're drawing--for example, foxes or cats for eevees and eeveelutions. Drawing from life is a key skill to learn. And gesture drawings! Gesture drawing is very useful when you're learning how to draw things in motion or get that difficult pose right.

Keep practicing!

Thank you very much for the great response guys! Lots of useful tips and great help! I agree, my anatomy is terrible xd.png but it's something I'm certainly working on. I've been taking life drawing lessons too so hopefully those will help me. I will certainly take your advice/tips! smile.gif

It's been quite some time since I updated this thread... Well anyway I've moved onto laminated keychains now so here are a few for your viewing biggrin.gif Sorry for the spam of images xd.png

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Sorry for the big images, it's annoying to resize them dry.gif