KidaYuki

Multiple computer log on/login

How often do you log out ? xd.png

I quite often get two completely unintelligible words - sometimes both apparently in Japanese or something; I have NEVER managed to get it to accept only one word - and - crucially for some people - even when they DO get it right they get booted back to the log in page.

At least that hasn't happened to me.

Yet.

I don't log out all that often, specifically *because* of how frustrating the recaptcha thing is.

I logged out just now on the main site, the attempted to log back in. The first "words" I got are on the left, the second set on the right.

user posted image

Tell me, how do I type in those first "words" on each recaptcha? And, like fuzz, it doesn't normally accept just one word being "right" for me.

If there is anything out there that actually gives us ENGLISH all the time, I would dearly love to see it implimented.

Those first "words" aren't counted. They're from the books/etc that they're using you to digitize. Just type anything for them and then type "isegest" and "bypicil" respectively. It's the same for ones with non-standard characters, like stuff with accent marks. When I hit one of them I type the equivalent, like u instead of û.

I admit, I've never hit anything that bizarre, just some non-standard characters. Maybe I should log out and start playing to see if I hit one and what happens.

Edit: I just logged out and started refreshing it to see what I would get. I have not gotten a single strange digitizing word yet. Lots of "and"s, actually. x3 But if you get something totally impossible, hit the refresh button on the recaptcha. It's there for exactly that purpose. x3

As a test I typed "notlegit keyewsi" when the text was "would keyewsi", the "would" being the digitizing word, since you said it wouldn't take only one word right. Logged in just fine. Perhaps you didn't get the important word right when that happened? Or chose the wrong word to get right? To me the digitizing words are obvious, since they're much clearer and real words, when the recaptcha words are really distorted and are random letters.

Edited by Pokemonfan13

Those first "words" aren't counted. They're from the books/etc that they're using you to digitize. Just type anything for them and then type "isegest" and "bypicil" respectively. It's the same for ones with non-standard characters, like stuff with accent marks. When I hit one of them I type the equivalent, like u instead of û.

I admit, I've never hit anything that bizarre, just some non-standard characters. Maybe I should log out and start playing to see if I hit one and what happens.

Edit: I just logged out and started refreshing it to see what I would get. I have not gotten a single strange digitizing word yet. Lots of "and"s, actually. x3 But if you get something totally impossible, hit the refresh button on the recaptcha. It's there for exactly that purpose. x3

As a test I typed "notlegit keyewsi" when the text was "would keyewsi", the "would" being the digitizing word, since you said it wouldn't take only one word right. Logged in just fine. Perhaps you didn't get the important word right when that happened? Or chose the wrong word to get right? To me the digitizing words are obvious, since they're much clearer and real words, when the recaptcha words are really distorted and are random letters.

You (and TJ too) say that, PF - but much as I love you, when I (and clearly Marie too !) try with garbage and the legible word - it doesn't accept it.

I just don't log out. I do get a BIT nervous when mine beloved gets cross with me for spending too much time on my obsession - but I TRULY don't think he ever...

Anyway I am logged in with a browser he never uses (not that he uses my machine) - I don't think he even knows it exists - but it's faster than most...

I don't log out all that often, specifically *because* of how frustrating the recaptcha thing is.

I logged out just now on the main site, the attempted to log back in. The first "words" I got are on the left, the second set on the right.

user posted image

Tell me, how do I type in those first "words" on each recaptcha? And, like fuzz, it doesn't normally accept just one word being "right" for me.

If there is anything out there that actually gives us ENGLISH all the time, I would dearly love to see it implimented.

yeah.. usually for those weird ones, just put anything in, and then attempt to get the other spelled properly. There have been times I've gotten dual weird stuff that nothing can be done with.. I just usually refresh those to get a new recaptcha to try.

As far as captcha goes, the ones on DC are among the better.. there are plenty of sites that have horrible ones that are interlaced with lines and symbols and shapes and odd colors what not to the point it drowns out the letters/numbers you are trying to make out.

You (and TJ too) say that, PF - but much as I love you, when I (and clearly Marie too !) try with garbage and the legible word - it doesn't accept it.

I just don't log out. I do get a BIT nervous when mine beloved gets cross with me for spending too much time on my obsession - but I TRULY don't think he ever...

Anyway I am logged in with a browser he never uses (not that he uses my machine) - I don't think he even knows it exists - but it's faster than most...

But... I just did it and it worked for me! Which word do you do gibberish for? All I can think is you're typing out the wrong word. The one that is most likely to be legible is the digitizing word, the word the system doesn't know, the word it can't test you on. It's the word that isn't a real word, just a string of random characters, and that is warped in appearance is the one you have to get right.

But... I just did it and it worked for me! Which word do you do gibberish for? All I can think is you're typing out the wrong word. The one that is most likely to be legible is the digitizing word, the word the system doesn't know, the word it can't test you on. It's the word that isn't a real word, just a string of random characters, and that is warped in appearance is the one you have to get right.

Lovely catloving thing wub.gif - I can tell the two words apart - THAT bit is easy.

But a} you DO sometimes get TWO gibberish words - as in two that are like the first word in Marie's second screenshot (the bypicil is EASY ! as is the isegesT in the first - if ONLY we ALWAYS got a word that easy !) - and b} it DOES sometimes refuse to believe in you, even on the occasions you get two OK words. (Signed out earlier to see and it took three attempts at putting in THE CORRECT WORDS to get back in sad.gif)

Mind you I am VERY happy that you didn't lock yourself out. smile.gif

Don't know then. Although with captchas in general I sometimes think I typed in the right phrase and the tail of the r was hidden by the cross of the t and I typed i instead of r or something similar. x3 I just move on to the next one and get it right.

Edited by Pokemonfan13