Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

the baby shimmer was from this girl

a 5G wave 2 breed with shadow walkers.  you can see siblings to the one i just gifted in Dotz progeny

While I don't prowl through the trade section often, I've seen a lot of people ask for non-holiday mates when they're offering non-Shimmers. I'd venture to guess that it may be harder than you'd think to trade it away, so you may have more luck with a Shimmer swap.

@ Whitebaron: I'm objecting to you labeling 'rich' players as 'lazy.' Time is money, friend.

I'll keep the Ice then, the chance of a successful summon is supposed to get higher with each complete trio although that'll be a while off yet

It's not "ripping people off" to trade a poorly lineaged shimmerscale to a person who has no shimmerscales. It's just good trading. Not everyone even cares about lineages. If the sprite is what they're looking for, there's nothing wrong with trading them a messy one.

The bigger issue is that with so many long-gen shimmerscale trades flooding the trade threads, anyone who has no shimmerscales and doesn't care about lineages has many to pick from, so I don't think the likelihood of getting an especially good offer on one could possibly be very high.

Could I trade a 2nd gen Ultraviolet for a 2nd gen Soulpeace or Hellhorse?

Could I trade a 2nd gen Ultraviolet for a 2nd gen Soulpeace or Hellhorse?

Right now, I quite honestly doubt it. Trading has collapsed again and it's hard to get many offers on anything, even if you're asking for something equivalent in value. Since most people already have purples and spitfires, the only reason they'd want to trade for somebody else's ultraviolet instead of breeding their own is if they needed fresh blood for a lineage project.

tjekan's got a good point.

But what you can do is ask in the Even Generations thread if someone would be willing to breed you a 2G soulpeace or hellhorse; people are often quite happy to help with bred commons. smile.gif Hellhorse might be marginally trickier, but I don't think it'd be a hurdle. Give it a shot!

Is asking for a few nebula hatchlings for an alt black too much?

Is asking for a few nebula hatchlings for an alt black too much?

Not at all, you just have to have a bit of patience as there probably aren't a lot of people with a couple of handy neb hatchies on their scroll already. They'll probably need a chance to collect them

Is 3 CB tsunamis (2 hatchies + egg) for CB gold good offer?

Is 3 CB tsunamis (2 hatchies + egg) for CB gold good offer?

I don't think so. Unless the person specifically asked for Tsunamis, your chances are slim.

About what is a cb tsunami (hatched) worth? A cb bloodscale (hatched)?

I'm not even sure what to say about the worth of a CB Tsunami...they (along with Luminas) have seem to become much more common than they were before.

Would two 2nd gen silver hatchies equal a cb gold?

Would two 2nd gen silver hatchies equal a cb gold?

I think no. A cb is worth much more then 2 bred ones, even if they are 2nd gen

I agree. CB Golds are very rarely dropped in the cave and highly sought after. But this doesn't mean that bred Silvers aren't rare, though. I'd say about three-four bred Silvers for a CB Gold.

If you've got CB metals already, one does not really need bred ones at all unless they are from exclusive parents.

Are Shimmerkins worth anything? Specifically a Metallic Silver and a Golden Wyvern? Or should I just fuhgeddabudit and AP them?

Are Shimmerkins worth anything? Specifically a Metallic Silver and a Golden Wyvern? Or should I just fuhgeddabudit and AP them?

Depends on generation. I have gotten quite nice things for 2nd gen shimmerkins, but the higher the longer I had to wait for offers or even someone that was taking one for free.

Metalic shimmerkins are probably easyer to get to a new home than commons.

Darn it, was hoping to obtain my first CB Gold that way -- I don't have any fodder for three to four.

Darn it, was hoping to obtain my first CB Gold that way -- I don't have any fodder for three to four.

During the bursts of time when trading was going fast and furious, you could do it by trading two 2nd-gen silvers for four CB copper hatchlings or a low-gen shimmer or a bunch of CB Halloween hatchlings or something, and then trading what you got to a third person for a CB gold. That does work, because the 'absolute' trade value of two 2nd-gen metallics is close enough to that of a CB metallic that two different traders could swap the same desirable commodity for each. But it's unlikely you'd get a person to directly trade you a CB gold for two 2nd-gen silvers, because if they have CB metals, they can always breed their own 2nd-gens, so they're more likely to choose to trade it for something they can't breed themselves.

Unless you have alt sweetlings. I could imagine somebody trading a CB gold for two CB silvers from two differerent CB alt sweetlings. :-)

Depends on generation. I have gotten quite nice things for 2nd gen shimmerkins, but the higher the longer I had to wait for offers or even someone that was taking one for free.

Metalic shimmerkins are probably easyer to get to a new home than commons.

Before I got fed up with it, I was offering to trade up to two CB Silvers (or a CB Gold) for a few specific 2nd gen fails (never did get them though --too specific I guess).

Seen them go for a lot less too.

I usually FFA 3rd gen+ fails that I catch on the AP.

But it's unlikely you'd get a person to directly trade you a CB gold for two 2nd-gen silvers, because if they have CB metals, they can always breed their own 2nd-gens, so they're more likely to choose to trade it for something they can't breed themselves.

Ya know, that's interesting. Technically a person with CB Metals can breed a 2nd gen by themselves, but if they're anything like me they end up with this instead. If you're lucky, and you can find someone desperate for a specific lineage, you might be able to trade a 2nd gen Metal for a CB one.

Then again, if you're really lucky you can trade a CB Magma for a CB Metal.

Depending on the number of CB metals one has, it's possible to be practically guaranteed a metal every breeding session. That is why the metal boom has destabilised the value of 2nd gens.

It is true that if you catch somebody at the right moment (especially right after they've suffered a demoralizing rejection), they're often willing to overpay for a 2nd-gen of exactly the right lineage. I've certainly been in that position more than once! But it's not a very common occurrence, and especially not with a CB gold at stake. If it happened, you'd pretty much have to catch them at the exact moment they posted about it. No one's going to scroll back two pages scanning through trade posts at that point-- they know they'll get a trade offer within 10 minutes of posting "I'll trade a CB gold for a 2nd-gen gold from blusang!" :-D