Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

I've caught a CB Tsunami. I haven't seen this breed around these days, neither I have in trades posts... How much is it worth?

I think it's too much asking for a 5th gen Bronze Shimmer or so, right? xd.png

So, I was wondering what is the value of a chicken these days? @.@ I already have all the dinos, papers and cheese I need, so...

What metallic gen (including SS) can I get for it? Fifth gen, higher? What about nebs and trio? I tried checking in the rare trade threads, but most people with chicken are asking for offers, without anything specified.

It really depends on who's looking for them at the time. Unbreedables tend to be in an odd place where they're valuable because they can only be obtained from the cave and are uncommon... but because they can't be bred, most people are a bit less interested in them. Depending on who you come across, chickens are either totally undesirable, or on a level with other CB uncommons.

I've personally been offering things like a 5th-gen Bronze Shimmer, or nice-lined metallic Golds and Silvers, for a chicken egg, since I decided I wanted one more for my set... but I haven't gotten any offers when I've had trades up. So. XD

Edited by Imbecamiel

Compared to what?

From a while back (before February), I figured three caveblocker hatchlings could get you an uncommon egg (at the time, the "reference uncommon" was a CB red, but reds have dropped in value since); and four uncommon eggs could get you a CB rare (e.g. at the time, CB ice).

There are some things you can never reliably get with any amount of hatchlings, though, but even those ultrarares have what I'd call "average going prices measured in CB rares" that you could theoretically obtain by working your way up the chain. By that logic, you could probably get a Neglected for roughly 36 caveblocker hatchlings (or three CB rares)... but don't actually expect that to work. laugh.gif Seriously, the economy predictability breaks down at the ultrarares, since the group of people who can obtain them is so small that their personal preferences actually put a huge dent into what you can pay to get one of those items.

For completion's sake, CB metallics are currently in an odd space of quantum indecisiveness between ultrarare and rare. (Mind you, you probably won't get anyone treating them as anything other than ultrarare.)

So... yeah. What are you hoping to obtain? From the number of hatchlings, it looks like you're trying to acquire an ultrarare, but since measurability breaks down for them... smile.gif I dunno, sure, you probably could? From raw worth, it's about two ultrarares.

Does that help?

Compared to the 'ultrarares' at the moment - low generation Shimmers, CB metallics, possibly/maybe Neglecteds?

Maybe for the collecting or scroll completion's sake? I have seen a few people offering lots of hatchies for 2nd generation Shimmers and CB metallics (first one is more common however), although I am not sure how many hatchies = certain (rare) breed.

Your post did help though. In general terms, yes I am looking for an 'ultrarare' and/or rare. I am not familiar with the term 'ultrarare' though; I assume it's things like CB or 2nd generation metals/Prizes and Neglecteds?

Thanks. smile.gif

Your post did help though. In general terms, yes I am looking for an 'ultrarare' and/or rare. I am not familiar with the term 'ultrarare' though; I assume it's things like CB or 2nd generation metals/Prizes and Neglecteds?

No worries, it's not a widely used term - it's just one of those terms you start using when you've got to fine-grain a rare list. *cough* *looks at feet, shuffles about awkwardly*

Ultrarares would be: Neglected, 2G prize dragon, 2G hollies and (if you squint at them the right way) CB metallics.

For specific hatchling:ultrarare ratios, I'd recommend waiting for the input of someone else, though. Like I said, the market is a bit cornered for those dragons, and the personal preference of the traders plays a very large role - and I've never traded for an ultrarare, so I'm not the best gauge of how likely an actual bundle of hatchlings is to catch someone's attention smile.gif

What are CB daydreams worth these days?

I know that around a month ago, they were quite sought for, due to the new soulpeace release. But what about now?

I was browsing the AP and caught a CB daydream. Do you think it could get me one common/messy hatchling? Or should I just toss it back into the AP?

How many new eggs can I get for a CB Silver (assuming I want a variety of breeds rather than a bunch of one breed)?

How many new hatchies could I get?

I had access to my University's internet today so I managed to catch 4 in roughly 1 minute (vs the 1 I managed to catch last night), but I won't have access to it again until Monday.

My home internet's horrible though.

Edit: Never mind. Some censorkip.gif*** ER'd one of my Silvers.

Edited by rayden54

Caught this silver in the AP a little while ago. I know the line is broken, but it's still a nice-looking lineage. I'd like to get a CB copper egg for it. Is that reasonable?

Just looking for opinons on this egg, what general trade value? I'm considering gifting it to someone who needs a gold, but don't know if this is a good enough gold to gift.

4Gen Gold lineage

Not having a gold yet myself (CB or otherwise), I would consider that a FANTASTIC gift. Especially to someone without a gold to call their own. It's not perfect, but it's still even-gen and is two breeds. I think whoever you're gifting would be ecstatic!

Caught this silver in the AP a little while ago. I know the line is broken, but it's still a nice-looking lineage. I'd like to get a CB copper egg for it. Is that reasonable?

Since Fiona stated that these coppers are meant to be common/uncommon (though MAY be made rare-ish due to users preferences), I think offering a silver (broken line or not, it's still only two breeds!) for one egg is more than reasonable. But that's just me.

Personally, I wouldn't trade anything at all for that Silver.

ER-ing step-line 5th gen Gold.

http://dragcave.net/lineage/3RW9w

As a hatchy, would that be worth 2 salt eggs?

It's too early to know the value of the new eggs, but lineages gold, especially when longer then 3rd gen and when they are with holiday mates, don't worth very much anymore.

Personally, I won't trade 2 new eggs for a gold like that. Maybe just one.

As long as we dont see their actual rarity, any guessing on,trade values of new eggs are just that - guesses. So the coppers might be worth cb silvers or nothing at all, only way to see is wait.

Also, 2gs from stuff like trihorns aint worh much, same is true for ling lined or broken metals.

About trading for ultrarares:

lets divide it into two parts:

1) 2gs from unobtainable dragons (tinsels, shimmers, val09, holly, spriters alt)

Those pretty much can cost you everything or nothing. There is no set trade ratio, and never will be. It depends on what you can offer, and what they want, and is pretty much about getting to know the cb holder and fullfill one of their wishes. Also includes long waiting, usually.

2) CB Metals, Blusangs, and anything else considered a very rare CB Drop at the moment.

Basically, the same as 1, but: they are a lot more common. Many more people catch them, thus you can get a trade easier and without waiting. Sometimes they go for massive amounts (50 cb neos), sometimes you need something and just overpay a lot. I paid a CB Silver for 2 tan ridges, just because i got a nice shimmer ana all i found was purples...

What is the worth of 100 CB common hatchlings? Mixture, one set breed, whatever, but they have to be common. Like cave-blockers?

As someone who has some IOUs that involve catching a large quantity of one breed, I think it really depends on who you're trading with. A good example would be someone in the Holly Contest - they may view 100 CB Spitfire hatchlings as a lot more valuable than others.

I'm working on sending a lot of one breed (cave-blocker) to someone who wants to use them for a poem on their scroll. Their offer? A very low gen Prize. X3

It depends who you're trading with. There are some really neat things you can get if you find the right person.

What are CB daydreams worth these days?

(I know this was a while, but for pure answering sake:) I think they've reverted back to being common. I've seen quite a few CB Daydreams in the AP. Although I'm not sure if this is because of the new release.

Edited by cfmtfm

*makes grabby hands at 100 spitfires*

Personal view ahead about hatchlings(not representative):

The main issue with 'ultrarares' is the fact that they are even more annoying if they breed once a year, contributing to long lines (though that isn't the sole problem, as you can see even with multiple CB prizes offspring tends to go to the most socially confident members as all trades are IOUs done via PM as far as I can see.) It means prioritising, so if I can pass off, say for example, CB metals for hatchlings or the even gens that I look for and save 2nd gen slots for trading/gifting for people I see around, I'd much prefer to do that.

Priorities shift over time as well. For example, as a newbie, I really wanted second gen and CB metals which I didn't have. Now I realise that they are only useful insofar as trading fodder for dragons that I like. And now I can catch them, so I don't see the point. And a release of the blusangs: a three year old completed list dream, fuelled an extreme desire to fill my scroll with as many blusangs as possible. So you could say that my interests are species specific. An issue that I have with multiple CB hatchlings, however:

- In my mind, they're really only useful for lineage making and given the required time taken for lineage making, you'd call it shortcutting/cheating at lineage making but I'd prefer to trade for the finished product. Unless blusangs, even when they were v. common

- I don't want to ask for dragons to hard or rare for a person too catch

- I don't want to ask for too many, either.

- When I get offered hatchlings, how do I decide what is a real offer and what is multiscrolling? :c

- Sometimes I am locked when people offer me hatchlings. I see it as impolite for me personally to turn a person down, but if I have to freeze or abandon existing dragons, it makes me feel sad. And guilty.

- In all honesty, I don't really need hatchlings unless blusangs. It feels unnecessary to ask what you don't need. I sometimes ask in trades because it fills up the void. Umm, the trade void, if you know what I mean. And then you sit and feel guilty later. And then you feel more guilty later when you read through PMs and have to decline people's offers. It's also rude for me personally not to reply to people but it feels bad replying with nos. I've never done the trade like that with ultrarares because I'd feel even worse about it than normal trades (where I usually feel that I can at least explain to the person that I decline there offer because of x, but if they like I can breed to gift). It's complicated.

I had access to my University's internet today so I managed to catch 4 in roughly 1 minute (vs the 1 I managed to catch last night), but I won't have access to it again until Monday.

Still very lucky, Unis/Colleges are rapidly becoming customers of web filtering solutions providers to save bandwidth.

What's the worth of a Golden Wyvern at the current moment?

Wondering the same. I had enough trouble trying to trade a CB one, though a CB Golden Wyvern is classified as rare.

Does anyone know what unbreedables are worth? I know their value went up a bit during the metal boom due to rarity but it seems like they're back to being pretty much worthless among most members now. I have two dinos and a chicken I can't seem to trade at all.

As to the above question, I'd think that GWs are worth about the same as CB stripes and blacks right now.

Golden Wyverns aren't exactly "easy" to grab, but they're not in any way at high demand either...the only things I can seem to get for them is a CB BSA hatchling, and oftentimes I have to hatch the GW first.

As for unbreedables, I can usually get 2-3 CB hatchlings for an Dino or Chicken egg (usually commons). I don't know if anyone else has had different luck with them though.

Does anyone know what unbreedables are worth? I know their value went up a bit during the metal boom due to rarity but it seems like they're back to being pretty much worthless among most members now. I have two dinos and a chicken I can't seem to trade at all.

As to the above question, I'd think that GWs are worth about the same as CB stripes and blacks right now.

For chicken, LBD is always looking for them.

And Zzele is always looking for papers. I find it easier to ask the two of them right away, instead of offering in trading threads.

For chicken, LBD is always looking for them.

Thanks for the info. I wondered how LBD got their huge array of chickens, and now I guess I know! (kind of)