Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

How are CB striped going in trades? They used to be hard to come by, but right now I'm not really sure what people are offering for them.

I asked for a CB royal crimson (as I'm lacking one), CB blusang (as I'm also lacking one, and I only see them in trades for shimmers), tinsel of any lineage I don't have (since I'm not too picking on lineage length, I think it might be a fair trade), and other offers.

1;1, not all the eggs. tongue.gif

Anyways, I though maybe I was asking for something over their value? In the past I traded second gen metallic for one of these, but now they seem more common, or people are not hunting them as before, so I'm unsure.

How are CB striped going in trades? They used to be hard to come by, but right now I'm not really sure what people are offering for them.

I asked for a CB royal crimson (as I'm lacking one), CB blusang (as I'm also lacking one, and I only see them in trades for shimmers), tinsel of any lineage I don't have (since I'm not too picking on lineage length, I think it might be a fair trade), and other offers.

1;1, not all the eggs. tongue.gif

Anyways, I though maybe I was asking for something over their value? In the past I traded second gen metallic for one of these, but now they seem more common, or people are not hunting them as before, so I'm unsure.

You are definitely not going to get a CB Bluesang.

You are definitely not going to get a CB Bluesang.

Yeah, I guessed as much, but what about the rest? tongue.gif

Yeah, I guessed as much, but what about the rest? tongue.gif

Why would you go and catch a stripe when crimsons are about as rare? wink.gif

should be a fine 1:1 swap in theory. In practice, those that want crimsons catch crimsons, those that want stripes catch stripes.

Bred tinsels often go for very low prices, but I can see a tendency to ask for hatchies then.

Therefore I keep names as short of possible as it looks neater and more balanced, and don't trade for stairsteps with one or more dragons with super long names.

I've been called "way too picky" and even "rude" for denying a stairstep trade due to long names that messed up the lineage, but now that I read your post I'm glad to see there are more people agreeing with this! smile.gif

Why would you go and catch a stripe when crimsons are about as rare? wink.gif

should be a fine 1:1 swap in theory. In practice, those that want crimsons catch crimsons, those that want stripes catch stripes.

Bred tinsels often go for very low prices, but I can see a tendency to ask for hatchies then.

The striped was just floating there for three refreshes and I can't catch a crimson to save my life. I thought; "well, might as well try".

Thanks.

Honestly, this is the first time I've ever heard of name balancing. I know I've probably caused some unbalanced stairs thanks to the way I name my dragons... I had no idea it might affect trade value.

Same here. I'd never heard of this before either.

last year a baby from this holly got me 50 CB common hatchies (someone's offer I did not ask for that)

http://dragcave.net/lineage/Y6pD0

but being as I don't need 50 commons anymore

would asking for 15 dino hatchies be too much?

I have no clue what to ask for

wonder if it would get me a lower than 6 gen shimmer?

So I have two questions:

1. Is this a trading consideration for anyone else? I mean, there's going to be some trades you take no matter what (super low gen Prize, metals, etc.), but is this a factor in just normal trading?

2. Has anyone else noticed an increasing intent to even out stairs, or is it just me?

1: Not for me. I go for stairs/spirals because they are the easiest to continue, not so much how they look. Heck, I usually don't pay attention to how a dragon's ancestors are named unless it's one that really interests me (e.g. Bilbo's Buttons, though, sadly, two sets of ancestors seem to have lost their names/were never named). Otherwise, I just use my own naming convention.

2: Not me, though I admittedly don't trade much unless I have something I know I can move, trade wise (like shimmers, CB metals).

I have a question myself. I know there's a new lineage restriction on Shimmer gens in the rare trading board. Does anyone know if I have a 2nd or 3rd gen deadline to trade, if that counts as within the range?

I would imagine it does, but I don't want to get killed with lasers for being wrong.

@_@

It counts. smile.gif(Edit: Mostly because we try to keep the rules simple, admittedly, so adding things like "but if there's a tombstone, then...!" or "but if it's not a perfect checker, then...!" or "but if it's paired with a holiday, then...!" is really not something we want to start with... generation restrictions is about as far as we're willing to go, and I assure you, we don't like having those, either, because it's constantly overread. *chuckle*)

You could PM one of the thread mods.  I didn't see the change myself and put a 7th(I think) gen Shimmer up and one of them politely PM'd me to notify me of the change.  They were very nice, and didn't shoot me with lasers.  laugh.gif

xd.png We try not to shoot people with lasers, on principle. We misposts like derps, too, after all, it'd be silly if we expected everyone else to be great at it. laugh.gif

Edited by pinkgothic

Does anyone know what a full cb trio set (magma/ice/thunder) would be worth?

I usually get 2-4 trios for a gen 2 silver or gold.

Would a CB Silver for a 4th gen shimmer be a good trade these days? Or could I get something better?

It's a decent trade; I would probably do it, depending on the line.

What are 2nd gen Golds (from a Halloween) worth? I haven't gotten an offer, so what could I trade it for?

I have no idea what is going on with the luminas, but it reminds me of the harvest thing which happened a while back after they became rare after they became a popular tinsel mate...

So are CB Luminas like super-rare now or something? blink.gif

I guess. I'll always view them as "uncommon." (I don't always agree with what others perceive as rare.)

So are CB Luminas like super-rare now or something? blink.gif

Naw, I'd say it's just what we RTC folks call "uncommon". smile.gif

The RTC is less "the Rare Trading Center" and more "the Rare and Uncommons-as-Caveborns Trading Center". (We just have a different definition of 'uncommon'. tongue.gif If anyone's curious... we also have the term 'lesscommon' for some stuff called uncommon on the forum, splitting the definition by drop/catch behaviour -> uncommon: drop reasonably often, but picked up instantly; lesscommon: drop rarely (often technically rarer than uncommon), but sit for a while.)

Edited by pinkgothic

Can I get a CB Lumina for a CB GW?

I'd think so.

So, I was wondering what is the value of a chicken these days? @.@ I already have all the dinos, papers and cheese I need, so...

What metallic gen (including SS) can I get for it? Fifth gen, higher? What about nebs and trio? I tried checking in the rare trade threads, but most people with chicken are asking for offers, without anything specified.

Edited by fallen_leaf

Are Blusangs considered as rare as Metals?

I've been trying to get a CB Blusang for a while, but when I check trades, most I only see people asking for CB metals or low gen Shimmers. Is that about right or are they asking for too much?

Are Blusangs considered as rare as Metals?

I've been trying to get a CB Blusang for a while, but when I check trades, most I only see people asking for CB metals or low gen Shimmers. Is that about right or are they asking for too much?

I would say that CB Blusangs are not as rare as CB metals, but somewhere between the level of a Holly/CB Metal and just about everything else except very low-gen Prizes.

Edited by Ponystar17

Blusangs are rarer than metals from my experience, but they are worth less.

What is the worth of 100 CB common hatchlings? Mixture, one set breed, whatever, but they have to be common. Like cave-blockers?

Edited by KittyT

What is the worth of 100 CB common hatchlings? Mixture, one set breed, whatever, but they have to be common. Like cave-blockers?

Compared to what?

From a while back (before February), I figured three caveblocker hatchlings could get you an uncommon egg (at the time, the "reference uncommon" was a CB red, but reds have dropped in value since); and four uncommon eggs could get you a CB rare (e.g. at the time, CB ice).

There are some things you can never reliably get with any amount of hatchlings, though, but even those ultrarares have what I'd call "average going prices measured in CB rares" that you could theoretically obtain by working your way up the chain. By that logic, you could probably get a Neglected for roughly 36 caveblocker hatchlings (or three CB rares)... but don't actually expect that to work. laugh.gif Seriously, the economy predictability breaks down at the ultrarares, since the group of people who can obtain them is so small that their personal preferences actually put a huge dent into what you can pay to get one of those items.

For completion's sake, CB metallics are currently in an odd space of quantum indecisiveness between ultrarare and rare. (Mind you, you probably won't get anyone treating them as anything other than ultrarare.)

So... yeah. What are you hoping to obtain? From the number of hatchlings, it looks like you're trying to acquire an ultrarare, but since measurability breaks down for them... smile.gif I dunno, sure, you probably could? From raw worth, it's about two ultrarares.

Does that help?

Edited by pinkgothic