Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

I looked at the wording of your post and I think the wording of excludes etc i.e. "this excludes SW's, CL's and Marrows" might be confusing some people. It might be easier to understand if it just says No lineage with Shadow Walkers, Cavern Lurkers etc. Some also probably don't know what "CL and SW" stand for.

edit: And then again some just offer what ever they want even when the trade says not to. smile.gif

also

the grammar is wrong in oddsoxdi post

(this excludes SW's, CL's and Marrows).

if odds didn't want SW, CL, and MArrows

it should have been this includes SW's CL's and Marrows

exclude - lack or fail to include

basically the trade says no holidays unless they are SW, CL, or Marrow

which might be why odds is getting offers of such on her trade

also

the grammar is wrong in oddsoxdi post

(this excludes SW's, CL's and Marrows).

if odds didn't want SW, CL, and MArrows

it should have been this includes SW's CL's and Marrows

exclude - lack or fail to include

basically the trade says no holidays unless they are SW, CL, or Marrow

which might be why odds is getting offers of such on her trade

Except, that was almost certainly added BECAUSE people were offering them.

Except, that was almost certainly added BECAUSE people were offering them.

i understand that. but it's still saying the wrong thing. So if people came after she put in this excludes SW, CL, and BM they would see it as You can offer those halloween dragons but no other holidays. I'm not saying that she wants them. it may be why she would get more offers instead of less. :s

Edited by QAndais

Yesh I KNEW that parenthetical (and it WAS added after being offered Halloweens) would get me inna end.

I've changed it to this

TWO BREEDS ONLY in stair and COMMON mates only please - no Valentines, Xmases, Shadow Walkers, Cavern Lurkers or Marrows.

Yesh I KNEW that parenthetical (and it WAS added after being offered Halloweens) would get me inna end.

I've changed it to this

TWO BREEDS ONLY in stair and COMMON mates only please - no Valentines, Xmases, Shadow Walkers, Cavern Lurkers or Marrows.

Don't hold your breath because people will most likely not *READ* anyways. I've included that term in all my shimmer trades and - NO holiday - easy enough to understand that Christmas is a HOLIDAY yet I still get Ribbon Dancers offered. So, it's just a matter of accepting that people will offer at will and it doesn't really matter what you want to or doesn't want to accept. xd.png

ETA :

Back to my own question. What is the deal with shimmer trades that goes

Gold Shimmer swap : - Lower gen for silver - even lower for bronze?

Do people who offer lets say a 5th gen gold shimmer really gets a 3rd gen bronze gen swap?

Edited by arlymaye

Don't hold your breath because people will most likely not *READ* anyways. I've included that term in all my shimmer trades and - NO holiday - easy enough to understand that Christmas is a HOLIDAY yet I still get Ribbon Dancers offered. So, it's just a matter of accepting that people will offer at will and it doesn't really matter what you want to or doesn't want to accept. xd.png

ETA :

Back to my own question. What is the deal with shimmer trades that goes

Do people who offer lets say a 5th gen gold shimmer really gets a 3rd gen bronze gen swap?

I don't think so I believe they sometimes get a 4th gen dragon but not a 3rd Gen it would be a little much to expect I'm not sure what they are expecting

"Holidays" is ambiguous, because Christmas dragons are specifically named "holiday dragons," so I can see why people might guess "no holidays" just means no Christmas dragons.

"No holidays, this excludes Halloweens" is VERY ambiguous. You can't tell whether it means "Halloweens are excluded from my trade so don't send them" or "Halloweens are excluded from my No holidays rule, so send them."

The word "no" isn't ambiguous at all, but people's eyes do seem to skip over it. If I say "metal offers," I get mostly metal offers. If I say "rare offers, no trios," I get multiple trio offers. People are skimming the trade pages and their eyes catch on posts that include keywords they have to offer. Try phrasing your trade posts with positives rather than negatives, and you will probably get fewer unwanted offers. Instead of "shimmerswap, no holidays," you could try "shimmerswap, common or metallic mate."

But you're going to get some people who offer you random junk no matter what you do. Presumably there's some miniscule chance of a person clicking "accept" instead of "decline" by accident, and that's what a certain handful of traders out there must be banking on! :-)

What is the deal with shimmer trades that goes

Surely not, but I bet a person who offers a 9th-gen gold shimmer could get a 7th-gen bronze shimmer. It sounds like the kind of trade comment somebody with a long-gen egg would make. There's not a lot of "even lower" to go if you're already trading short-gens!

Edited by tjekan

What does a CB Pink go for these days?

It is considered a CB uncommon, so trade it for a CB uncommon or a few commons.

Don't expect to get a CB semi-rare such as a Black or Blusang.

What's happened with trading recently?

It used to be I could offer a CB Thunder, ask for a few hatchies, and then point them at the "I accept IOUs" point in my sig and I'd get an offer right off.

Now, the only offers I get are the crappy ones (ie ONE BSA hatchie for a CB Thunder or one BSA hatchie and a HIGH-TIME EGG).

I've even offered to provide incuhatchable eggs, and I STILL don't get any offers.

No one has egg space, that's what's going on. :-) Between the new shimmers that have finally filtered down to the average trader and the boost in metallic breeding, a lot of people can't trade a hatchling for an egg unless they drop something they like. I've been struggling just to make room for eggs other people are trying to deliver to me-- I couldn't even accept a CB thunder egg as a gift right now, honestly.

Hatch the thunder, and then I bet the offers come flooding back!

Edited by tjekan

I honestly feel like trade is bottlenecking, with fewer and fewer species constituted as rare and the noose being tightened around the generations 'accepted'.

Edited by DarkEternity

What's the value of a 2nd gen PB Black? I'm slightly confused because I see some people requesting it in threads like Breeding, Gifting. Are they more highly sought because you can get Alts from them?

What can I ask for, when I offer 2nd gen sitting alt from black x nebula?

@ up: I don't think they're worth much, before growing up. I often find 2nd gen purebred blacks in Abandoned Page. You should wait untill it becomes hatchling.

Edited by Ivyeth

Would a CB Silver for a 4th gen shimmer be a good trade these days? Or could I get something better?

From my experience of being on the side of the one looking for a CB silver, you can definitely get better than that smile.gif

No one has egg space, that's what's going on. :-) Between the new shimmers that have finally filtered down to the average trader and the boost in metallic breeding, a lot of people can't trade a hatchling for an egg unless they drop something they like. I've been struggling just to make room for eggs other people are trying to deliver to me-- I couldn't even accept a CB thunder egg as a gift right now, honestly.

Hatch the thunder, and then I bet the offers come flooding back!

The whole reason I'm trading a CB Rare for hatchlings is so that I don't have to hatch it.

This is a trading question, but not really about what the value of X is.

Stair-steps have gradually become the dominant lineage for trading and of all of the intentional lineages they're the most simplistic. Which isn't bad, because simple can be beautiful, but I find that it tends to magnify things that other lineage types don't to the same extent.

I recently turned down a trade for a SS, not because I didn't like the pairing, but because one name was suuuuuuuuuuper long and so the stairs were unbalanced. Since then I've heard two other players mention the same thing about a trade.

In addition to that, it seems to me that more people seem to actually be choosing names to create a uniform SS. I've seen some where the CB had a long name and so people continued it, and some where it was a tiny name and people mirrored that.

So I have two questions:

1. Is this a trading consideration for anyone else? I mean, there's going to be some trades you take no matter what (super low gen Prize, metals, etc.), but is this a factor in just normal trading?

2. Has anyone else noticed an increasing intent to even out stairs, or is it just me?

I'm curious both for how I might choose to name dragons in my SS (although I generally like more even stairs), and if this is something I should be aware that other people might be looking for when trading for eggs I plan to use predominately for offspring trading.

Actually, I am incredibly picky about my naming of Stairsteps.

If it's not near the same size (there is a range for acceptable size variations) then I won't accept it. I also always make sure to keep my names pretty close to the same size as everyone elses'

I think it's generally considered a normal practice to keep names close to the same size as the other names in the lineage, but I've run across a couple of exceptions.

I have noticed people trading stairs that appear more uniform. Maybe with stairs becoming more popular, people are noticing how odd it looks when a name is out of place more?

I would probably forgive it more if it wasn't a trade for a metallic/rare staircase or one I actually wanted to continue.

I have a question myself. I know there's a new lineage restriction on Shimmer gens in the rare trading board. Does anyone know if I have a 2nd or 3rd gen deadline to trade, if that counts as within the range?

I would imagine it does, but I don't want to get killed with lasers for being wrong.

@_@

Edited by Pink

Honestly, this is the first time I've ever heard of name balancing. I know I've probably caused some unbalanced stairs thanks to the way I name my dragons... I had no idea it might affect trade value.

Honestly, this is the first time I've ever heard of name balancing. I know I've probably caused some unbalanced stairs thanks to the way I name my dragons... I had no idea it might affect trade value.

I've really only been hearing about people talking about it recently (although I would assume it's been an issue with some people longer) and I think it's partly because the wave of Shimmers and the fact that the trade market is so focused on them has led to more examination of detail, especially given what people were (and in some cases still are) charging for them.

I think that part of it is that even gens hide a lot of that kind of thing by evening out the lineage, and spirals have the back and forth kind of movement that lessens the impact somewhat. But basic stair-steps are just these series of growing boxes and there's really just breed and shape going on. It's certainly not wrong of people to name their dragons whatever they want, and it could even allow people to be creative with their SS by using various name sizes or perhaps alternating - large, small, large - I've just found that, for me, it seems to be having more and more of an impact when one of the two features SS have is random.

This is a trading question, but not really about what the value of X is.

Stair-steps have gradually become the dominant lineage for trading and of all of the intentional lineages they're the most simplistic. Which isn't bad, because simple can be beautiful, but I find that it tends to magnify things that other lineage types don't to the same extent.

I recently turned down a trade for a SS, not because I didn't like the pairing, but because one name was suuuuuuuuuuper long and so the stairs were unbalanced. Since then I've heard two other players mention the same thing about a trade.

In addition to that, it seems to me that more people seem to actually be choosing names to create a uniform SS. I've seen some where the CB had a long name and so people continued it, and some where it was a tiny name and people mirrored that.

So I have two questions:

1. Is this a trading consideration for anyone else? I mean, there's going to be some trades you take no matter what (super low gen Prize, metals, etc.), but is this a factor in just normal trading?

2. Has anyone else noticed an increasing intent to even out stairs, or is it just me?

I'm curious both for how I might choose to name dragons in my SS (although I generally like more even stairs), and if this is something I should be aware that other people might be looking for when trading for eggs I plan to use predominately for offspring trading.

I've heard of this at least a couple of years ago, but rarely use it as a consideration in naming or trading. I do generally tend to consider family names when naming, and will sometimes end up with a similar length name, e.g.:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/aD2Ac, where I started with the 2nd gen,

http://dragcave.net/lineage/kX5G3, with the names of both parents merged in my 2nd gen.,

http://dragcave.net/lineage/PpDXV, with GrrrlZ, ExZene and XenaZ and their partners as my contributions to the line,

while others may be longer, just based on what I decide a name should be:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/oYD42, (may be fogged while still growing)

http://dragcave.net/lineage/JItlD, or

http://dragcave.net/lineage/aDkgn.

I also realized, while looking for examples for this post, that I will pick a nice even-gen over a nice staircase, anytime.

So I have two questions:

Length of dragon names is definitely something I consider in a stair step lineage. One super long name can ruin the whole effect and it looks messy.

Therefore I keep names as short of possible as it looks neater and more balanced, and don't trade for stairsteps with one or more dragons with super long names.

I have a question myself. I know there's a new lineage restriction on Shimmer gens in the rare trading board. Does anyone know if I have a 2nd or 3rd gen deadline to trade, if that counts as within the range?

I would imagine it does, but I don't want to get killed with lasers for being wrong.

@_@

You could PM one of the thread mods. I didn't see the change myself and put a 7th(I think) gen Shimmer up and one of them politely PM'd me to notify me of the change. They were very nice, and didn't shoot me with lasers. laugh.gif