Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

Trading a gift is generally considered bad form, unless the gifter specifies that they are okay with trades.

AP is fair game, same as a Cave catch.

I've been trying to get a CB Neglected for a while, but everyone who offers one states they'll only trade the neglected for a CB metallic. However, I've had absolutely no luck with getting a CB Gold/Silver. All I can find on the AP are tinsels and one bred gold.

I'm wondering if it's allowed to trade the bred rares I'm able to find on the AP for a CB Metallic in order to exchange it for a neglected. Is re-trading an egg/hatchling a violation of DC rules? I know it's not allowed with dragons that are gifted from the Giving Tree, but I'm not sure about actual trades.

In fact there are no rules for trading if you are trading dragons within DC.You can always trade the dragons in your hand by trading or catching.Someone doesn't like their dragons to be retraded.They will say that in their post.

Anybody know what a CB Royal Crimson would be worth?

Does anyone know what a full cb trio set (magma/ice/thunder) would be worth?

Does anyone know what a full cb trio set (magma/ice/thunder) would be worth?

I traded a 5th gen Shimmer, perfect stair, for 2 sets. Don't know if that's the standard, but both sides are pleased with the deal.

Besides the fact that the Shimmer panic (where people will offer anything for any lineage, regardless of gen or lineage because they think they'll never get one otherwise) has largely passed, there's also the fact that the metal boom has passed, as far as I can tell.

Yes, metal breeding and the amount in the cave seems higher than pre-boom levels, but the time of everyone having multi-metals to offer on trades appears to be winding down.

So it's kind of a double hit that people are feeling.

People who got in super early with any and then somewhat early with lower to mid gens probably did pretty well, but I feel bad for people who more recently paid high for mid-gens with the thought that Shimmers were going to retain that type of value.

i'm not very active in trading. what gen is consider low? 2-3 is low i can tell, how about 4? is 6 still consider mid-gen? -teresa

Anybody know what a CB Royal Crimson would be worth?

I think its too early to set on a price yet, but they seem to be common enough to say: not that much.

I hoard them, and have to say: People are willing to give them away in multiples for anything that's an uncommon or rare. (as hatchies)

what could i get for about 7 red eggs (lineage)? could i trade for the new 22nd releases at all?

What's the value of a 3rd gen gold stair with lurker as mate?

The value of two CB blockers (a balloon and a waverunner), a faux 3S golden wyvern, and a stairstep 5th gen gold tinsel x terrae is closest to a CB what?

I assume it's closest to a CB Blusang.

Anyway, it probably isn't a good trade for a 2G Silver x Golden Wyvern, especially when I'm asking for a Shimmerscale primarily.

Is a PB 2gen Blusang worth more than a 2gen Blusang from a Silver or Gold?

I am wondering about how much 2nd and 3rd gen metals are compared in terms of trade when it comes to other rares?

Taking into account that the other rares are not bred (except for the alts which would be at 2nd gen), here is a list:

Alternative Black Dragon

Alternative Vine Dragon

Blusang Lindwurm

Cheese Dragon

Chickens

Dinos

Golden Wyvern

Ice Dragon

Magma Dragon

Paper Dragon

Thunder Dragon

Prize Dragons Tinsels/Shimmers gen number (I know someone posted above about this so if this kind of breed differs greatly in terms of value in trade then ignore it please)

I will be really thankful, as I haven't been around for a while and most of the releases/breeds of rares are new to me.

I almost forgot about my post, and today before checking this thread I was pretty sure that someone at least replied to this post but no, is it that hard to give a rough evaluation?

I almost forgot about my post, and today before checking this thread I was pretty sure that someone at least replied to this post but no, is it that hard to give a rough evaluation?

In fact: yes it is hard.

Demand and suply greatly vary, and what something is in value depends on the person seeing a trade.

I would say that unbreedables like dinos, chees, papers and chickes are limited to a few users that like them really well and those that want them for scroll completion. So there are not that many people that want them. But some may be willing to pay high for them.

Ice, Thunder and Magma dragons are sought after as they are the trio needed to summon a guardian of nature. But what that is translated into metals? Depends on how many are available at a given time. So if there are more metals, you would have to pay more/get more if there are fewer trios.

There is no way to say for certain "for this dragon you could get this and that other dragon"

As for prize dragons:

mostly there are those wanting any of them just to have the sprite and those wanting a dragon whos offsprings they can trade well. The secound group preferes gens not higher than 4 or 5, stairsteps or spirals with mostly non holiday breeds. But that is not realy helpfull if you want to have a number off silver or gold dragons you could get for one or that would be reasonable to pay.

Demand and suply greatly vary, and what something is in value depends on the person seeing a trade.

First of all thank you for your reply. I know that trades greatly vary, that's why there is a difference between a fair trade and a lucky one. All I asked was a rough evaluation which is not really hard and I never said anyone has to give evaluations for the whole list, anything is very appreciated.

There is no way to say for certain "for this dragon you could get this and that other dragon"

Of course.

As for prize dragons:

mostly there are those wanting any of them just to have the sprite and those wanting a dragon whos offsprings they can trade well. The secound group preferes gens not higher than 4 or 5, stairsteps or spirals with mostly non holiday breeds. But that is not realy helpfull if you want to have a number off silver or gold dragons you could get for one or that would be reasonable to pay.

This much I know, I wanted to know how values went when 2nd gen metals are compared to the other rare breeds, however it seems that my question requires someone who is a highly experienced trader who is aware of the current values regarding metallics and other rares, and of course the evaluation is to be a rough one, as you said there is no certain thing such as you get x for y.

Ignoring my previous long list, roughly what would a CB blusang, CB GW, paper and a 2nd gen PB (assuming that's the most wanted/rare one) black alt each would be worth of when compared to 2nd gen metals?

Edited by Dark

Ignoring my previous long list, roughly what would a CB blusang, CB GW, paper and a 2nd gen PB (assuming that's the most wanted/rare one) black alt each would be worth of when compared to 2nd gen metals?

A CB blusang and PB alt, especially a curled one at this time, shouldn't be a problem for a one for one trade, even less so if you don't mind a holiday mate for the metals.

Gold wyvern not so much.. Not sure how many it would take to get a metal, or if there would be much interest at all. They aren't terribly difficult to catch, value is somewhat under that of a trio maybe.

Papers (multiples)....maybe, if you find the right person to trade with and your timing is right.

Looking for opinions: What is the perceived worth of a CB Tsunami at this time? Is it comparable to a CB Nebula or a CB Golden Wyvern, or is it more rare or less rare than that?

Not much. With the increased availability of CB and 2nd-gen metals, the value of metallic stairsteps has dropped a lot. 3rd-gen checkerboards seem to be worth more than 3rd-gen stairsteps at this point. And anything with holiday mates is worth much less than the same thing with other mates. (I'm not sure if that's because there really are that many new players who don't have event dragons like cave lurkers, or just because it's become a self-fulfilling prophecy that they're harder to trade. :-) )

Probably about the same value as any other uncommon, like a Dino, chicken, or a couple of CB commons.

@Jaceevoke: Try not to double post, the edit button is your friend. ;3

I lol'd. hard.

In the Trading forum, are Halloween dragons NOT considered 'Holidays'?

Any holiday event dragon whether valentine, halloween or christmas is considered 'holiday' in the trading forums. Though halloweens probably have the lowest value out of all since they're relatively in more metallic/common lineages (due to the lack of the 2-dragon per scroll limit.)

Well that's interesting since in asking for trades I specifically say 'no Holidays' and keep getting offered SW/s, CL/s and Marrows. Is there a better, more clear way of saying that?

Well that's interesting since in asking for trades I specifically say 'no Holidays' and keep getting offered SW/s, CL/s and Marrows. Is there a better, more clear way of saying that?

I don't think so; but some people just offer those regardless. It's very clear to me that offering *Shadowwalker, et cetera, is not okay to offer on a 'no holiday mates' trade, at any rate.

After all, the point of "no holiday mates" is that holidays are unobtainable as CBs after the initial drop. Halloweens are no exception, so I'm not sure why people would think otherwise. smile.gif

Edited by pinkgothic

Rule 1 of DC trading: People WILL offer you exactly what you say you don't want. Some of them will even send you PMs.

I looked at the wording of your post and I think the wording of excludes etc i.e. "this excludes SW's, CL's and Marrows" might be confusing some people. It might be easier to understand if it just says No lineage with Shadow Walkers, Cavern Lurkers etc. Some also probably don't know what "CL and SW" stand for.

edit: And then again some just offer what ever they want even when the trade says not to. smile.gif

Edited by rubyshoes