Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

What would a Shimmerkin (in this case, an Ice) be worth?

I've been giving anywhere from 1-4 lineaged hatchies, depending on fail generation and what kinds of hatchies I have.

Kind of like tinselkin, they aren't terribly valuable unless it's 2g, maybe 3g. That it's a trio might bring the value up a little.

I'm trying to trade a 2nd gen magma from a tan ridgewing mother and having trouble getting bites. What are these typically worth because I'm wondering if I'm shooting too hign (hatchies, a second gen seasonal from and STD, or for the person to have less than 5 magmas on their scroll)

I'm trying to trade a 2nd gen magma from a tan ridgewing mother and having trouble getting bites. What are these typically worth because I'm wondering if I'm shooting too hign (hatchies, a second gen seasonal from and STD, or for the person to have less than 5 magmas on their scroll)

You aren't going for too high. It's just that 2nd gen trios were never that high in demand, especially now.

Well that stinks :/ before I got my first trio it seemed I could never offer high enough, now I can't seem to trade them even to players who need them.

What's the value of a CB Black nowadays? They're not rare anymore, right?

Edit: And also CB Seasonals?

Edited by Darklight

While I'm still thinking of it, what would a Shimmer be worth from the pair I asked about earlier (that created the Shimmerkin)? It's 6th gen, so I'm kinda clueless...

While I'm still thinking of it, what would a Shimmer be worth from the pair I asked about earlier (that created the Shimmerkin)? It's 6th gen, so I'm kinda clueless...

It's a clean two-breed stairstep, and shimmers are still considered really rare. However, it is a higher gen, so that makes it worth a little less. You could probably trade one for a 2-5 gen metal. At least, that's what I'd give.

What's the value of a CB Black nowadays? They're not rare anymore, right?

Edit: And also CB Seasonals?

CB blacks are sort of teetering on the edge between being worthwhile as rares (or, well, formally 'uncommons') and not and don't seem to want to pick a side and stick to it, but they're definitely much, much, much more available than they used to be (to the point that the RTC unlisted them).

CB seasonals are in a similar place right now, while it's spring, seeing as a lot of people didn't get springs last year, but they're not scarce this year. Their value is probably going to decline.

I'd put the value of a CB black around a CB nebula egg at the moment; though that might be too much of an approximation. A CB spring I'd put around the value of a CB nebula gendered hatchling.

Edited by pinkgothic

I found these two eggs in the AP, which suprised me because it seems they're both from the Dorkface line. Do they worth something, like a Blusang?

They're lovely, particularly the first one, and would be of some interest to people who collect Thuweds and Dorkfaces. It's highly unlikely you'd get anything very valuable for them, though, particularly a CB Bluesang. (I've been offering nice-lineaged Golds and Silvers and haven't been able to get a CB Bluesang for them. :P)

If you're not looking for CB, though, you might be able to get a bred Bluesang.

Edited by Imbecamiel

I have a question about the desirability of lineages. Is this http://dragcave.net/lineage/MnInP 'better' or 'worth' more or less than, say, a fifth or seventh (or more?) gen of the same pairing?

ETA total derp

Edited by oddsoxdi

I have a question about the desirability of lineages. Is this http://dragcave.net/lineage/MnInP 'better' or 'worth' more or less than, say, a fifth or seventh (or more?) gen of the same pairing?

ETA total derp

Stairstep lineages, unless they are Metallics or prizes aren't worth anything right now. Even metallics don't go for much these days. But yes, that's better then fifth or seventh gen. Generally, when even gens are in question the longer the better. When stairsteps or spirals are in question, the shorter the better.

I know some people value things differently and all, but how many people would offer a CB gold for a fifth gen stairstep shimmer? I just saw a trade requesting one, and wondered if I could be asking more for fourth gen shimmer offspring, and when I get it, third gen shimmer offspring... I am rather curious to know what people would offer for the higher gen's (say 4-6th gens)

Is it just me or are 2nd gens not worth anything right now? I have this Golden Wyvern hatchling I'm trying to trade for CB Seasonals but so far I've only gotten two lineaged egg offers. Not exactly what I'm looking for.

Or have CB Seasonals become that rare?

Is it just me or are 2nd gens not worth anything right now? I have this Golden Wyvern hatchling I'm trying to trade for CB Seasonals but so far I've only gotten two lineaged egg offers. Not exactly what I'm looking for.

Or have CB Seasonals become that rare?

Cb gold wyverns are pretty uncommon, but lineaged ones are not that much, since really a lot of people owe CB ones. I don't even bother to breed mine, and when I do I use to just gift or drop the 2nd gens.

I don't think you will be able to get a cb seasonal for a 2nd gen GW, unless you find someone really desperate to get its specific lineage.

What are Lumina worth these days? I saw that they are not as frequent as there used to be in the biomes, so I'm wondering.

What would this ice be worth. It's an even-gen, a Thuwed, and it has some pretty sweet stuff flowing through it.

Edited by warriorjames

What's a 4th gen Stairstep Shimmer worth?

I think that we've gotten to the point in the Shimmer release where the pairing has become a definite factor. At first is was just "any Shimmer", then it was "any Shimmer swap", then "no Holidays", so I don't think there's really a flat out answer anymore just based on gen.

@LostFate: I've not had much luck trading CB Luminas in a long time. They're basically treated like any other semi-common (like a Ridgewing).

@warriorjames: It's a lovely lineage, and valuable to an EG or a Trio collector. You could definitely get an EG swap or a Trio swap; otherwise, it just depends on finding the right person who's interested.

@LostFate: I've not had much luck trading CB Luminas in a long time. They're basically treated like any other semi-common (like a Ridgewing).

I just traded one for a 8th gen schimmerscale. ohmy.gif Now I really wonder if I wronged my trading partner. blink.gif

I just traded one for a 8th gen schimmerscale. ohmy.gif Now I really wonder if I wronged my trading partner. blink.gif

If that person wanted it , then no wrong has been done. Maybe they really needed a CB lumina for something and couldn't catch one.

What would this ice be worth. It's an even-gen, a Thuwed, and it has some pretty sweet stuff flowing through it.

I would give you a CB black for it.

I mean, a beautiful blue lineage, it's not inbred, it's a true Thuwed, and it's a trio.

Hi there, I've got a question about 'value'.

The value of a shimmerscale seems to jump up and down quite frequently. Would someone be able to tell me a rough estimate on what 'rares' are worth these days? I see a lot, and I mean alot.png of wants for caveborn metals. Its rather confusing, especially with such long lineages....

Basically, a ball-park estimate. Please and thank you.