Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

I agree with you. When the trader does not clearly state that he/she does not want any other offers, I think it's okay to offer something else too. I personally like that I have lots of offers to choose from. I can always decline those I don't want. I can't understand why some people actually feel offended when offered something else. o.O

Well, that's easily explained if you'd read the things stated on this page already:

When I clearly state what I want in return, it is also clear that I do not want other things.

I clearly wrote that I wanted A or B, and since C, D, E etc. are neither A nor B, they are not what I wanted. This is simple logic.

It bugged me a bit, because they were among the first, and I was very excited about getting several offers, but then I saw what they were it was such a let-down.

it's easy to get down about having multiple offers of things you're not looking for

Hope it helped you understand. smile.gif

Well, that's easily explained if you'd read the things stated on this page already:

I think here is maybe a difference in communication habit. In most situations/communications I'm in, it is clearly statet (as in: with actual words) if someone only wants one thing without other possibilities. Like "I only want..." or something on these lines.

You are used to another way off expressing things. That's what I meant by saying I cannot read minds. I'm not able to tell if someone communicates "my way" or "your way". And as I'm used to it and would miss out on oportunities if I assumed everyone was communicating "your way", I think of it as communicated "my way".

I surely don't want to be rude wink.gif

So I think we all see clearer now.

Ok, I'm mystified. I've been offering a CB Magma for a PM'ed Teleport link. Am I gonna hafta to pay to give it away now? Have they reached the stats of Cave Blocker? Anyone want one? (sorry mods)

I know it is disappointing to NOT get what you wished for, but I think some offers are better than no offers, because no offers at all is also a very big let-down in my opinion. smile.gif

But I'm glad you eventually got what you wished for. smile.gif

EDIT: Oh yeah, and I did not specifically voice my opinion on YOUR case, just trading in general, so I'm not in any way saying that YOU were not clear enough in your request. I hope this clarified my earlier post. smile.gif

Edited by Singalana

Last reply, as to not muddle the topic:

I think here is maybe a difference in communication habit. In most situations/communications I'm in, it is clearly statet (as in: with actual words) if someone only wants one thing without other possibilities. Like "I only want..." or something on these lines.

I think people started to do that, after getting annoyed by having strange offers thrown at them. (And possibly later people seeing it done and copying the style too.)

I know it is disappointing to NOT get what you wished for, but I think some offers are better than no offers, because no offers at all is also a very big let-down in my opinion. smile.gif

But I hope you eventually got what you wished for. smile.gif

EDIT: Oh yeah, and I did not specifically voice my opinion on YOUR case, just trading in general, so I'm not in any way saying that YOU were not clear enough in your request. I hope this clarified my earlier post. smile.gif

Thanks, and yes, all clarified and no hard feelings. smile.gif

Ok, I'm mystified. I've been offering a CB Magma for a PM'ed Teleport link. Am I gonna hafta to pay to give it away now? Have they reached the stats of Cave Blocker? Anyone want one? (sorry mods)

Some people just don't want CB Magmas/Trios. It depends on the person and what they want. Although I'm not too sure what your question is asking.

Also, about the people offering random stuff... unless you say "No other offers", etc... then yeah, you'll get people offering random stuff. I do it sometimes, and people do it to me when I'm specifically asking for several things... I don't mind. Just be courteous to them and decline their offer as soon as you know you don't want their offer.

A little frustration, sorry for that but got frustrated by a trade. Not for not getting it, no way. What doesn't happen now can happen in the future. I offered a CB gold, CB silver to somebody that asked for that and every time my offer didn't got excepted. Sended a pm to that person to explain my offer but no reaction at all. Don't know what the problem was, offered what the person wanted but to not even get a pm back is frustrating.

So, getting on now, happy I could get it of my shoulders

A little frustration, sorry for that but got frustrated by a trade. Not for not getting it, no way. What doesn't happen now can happen in the future. I offered a CB gold, CB silver to somebody that asked for that and every time my offer didn't got excepted. Sended a pm to that person to explain my offer but no reaction at all. Don't know what the problem was, offered what the person wanted but to not even get a pm back is frustrating.

So, getting on now, happy I could get it of my shoulders

I would guess that your offer was not accepted because someone offered MORE than what you did. I have been offered way above what I asked for once. I actually didn't accepted because I didn't think the egg was worth it. Most people wouldn't turn down 3+ CB Metals when they only asked for 2.

Also, not everyone responds to PMs or at least responds right away. I know between work and taking care of my child, I sometimes miss a PM or thought I responded when I didn't. Really really wish the forum messages had a indicator to say if you replied or not.

Thanks for the reply ElayneDragonlover. I know what you mean with having a lot of things to do.

Women always have so much to do no biggrin.gif

Well, next trade might be fantastic, let's hope.

Great evening and thanks for the reply.

With regards

Dragonhunt

I have a 2Gen PB Curled Alt hatchling. What is it worth?

Also, is there a difference in the rarity of curled vs sitting hatchlings?

I have a 2Gen PB Curled Alt hatchling. What is it worth?

Also, is there a difference in the rarity of curled vs sitting hatchlings?

2nd gen Alts are usually quite valuable; you could likely get a nice Metal, or maybe a higher-gen Shimmer if you can find the right person to trade with!

Neither curled or sitting is really rarer than the other, but they usually seem to flip-flop between which one is in "season." For example, sometimes there'll be a bunch of sitting ones and very few curled ones, while other times it's the opposite. In those cases, getting the off-season one can be worth more... but usually only if the person is looking to freeze it, which they likely wouldn't do with a nice PB 2nd gen! ^^

2nd gen Alts are usually quite valuable; you could likely get a nice Metal, or maybe a higher-gen Shimmer if you can find the right person to trade with!

Neither curled or sitting is really rarer than the other, but they usually seem to flip-flop between which one is in "season." For example, sometimes there'll be a bunch of sitting ones and very few curled ones, while other times it's the opposite. In those cases, getting the off-season one can be worth more... but usually only if the person is looking to freeze it, which they likely wouldn't do with a nice PB 2nd gen! ^^

Alright, thank you for the information. smile.gif

What's a 5th gen bronze shimmer trading for these days?

What's a 5th gen bronze shimmer trading for these days?

mostly, other shimmers. seems like most people are still content to just swap mid to high gen shimmers. if you want to sell it for anything else, you might be lucky and even get a cb metal from someone crazy.

Since rare lines seem often sought after, and (booo) only produced 2 Silvers prior to the scroll burning, what would be the best guess of the approximate 'worth' of an 8th gen Silver (booo) baby from the White line?

http://dragcave.net/lineage/Pbn4Y

When it comes to the mid-higher gens of rarer lines, I tend to check out value by going to the CB Tinsel's progeny page and checking out how many Tinsel offspring are out there in that line. That not only speaks to rarity of the pairing, but also to the potential trade opportunities that people may have in the future if they don't accept the current trade - both of which affect value.

The search for this pairing could start here, with the 2nd gen Tinsel.

On a side note, is there any proof at all that any of the booo Tinse from the other line ever made it to non-multiscrolls? Because it seems to me that they all either belong to a burned scroll, or they are unnamed, all stopped breeding in the same time period, and their offspring are all wild dragons.

When it comes to the mid-higher gens of rarer lines, I tend to check out value by going to the CB Tinsel's progeny page and checking out how many Tinsel offspring are out there in that line.  That not only speaks to rarity of the pairing, but also to the potential trade opportunities that people may have in the future if they don't accept the current trade - both of which affect value.

The search for this pairing could start here, with the 2nd gen Tinsel.

On a side note, is there any proof at all that any of the booo Tinse from the other line ever made it to non-multiscrolls?  Because it seems to me that they all either belong to a burned scroll, or they are unnamed, all stopped breeding in the same time period, and their offspring are all wild dragons.

Thanks, skauble!

That's interesting - I never even looked at the other line, or much at this one.

I've had this dragon some time, thought it might be too long-lineaged to breed for gifting, then was trying to put together an offer, wondered and bred one, to come here and ask.

I'm wanting a shimmerscale of any variety..would any/all of these be a good trade?

I've never really traded before, and I don't really care what generation an egg is, or what the lineage looks like..but I also have no idea if my eggs are worth a shimmerscale. I'd happily trade more than one of the eggs..I just want to know what would be reasonable of me when making offers to someone else.

1 2nd gen gold:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/L0JGO

2 3rd gen gold eggs:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/57e3J

http://dragcave.net/lineage/izGG7

2 3rd gen silver eggs (one is an even gen)

http://dragcave.net/lineage/TYvWc

http://dragcave.net/lineage/mW71m

1 2nd gen soulpeace egg

http://dragcave.net/lineage/lbMdC

On a side note, is there any proof at all that any of the booo Tinse from the other line ever made it to non-multiscrolls? Because it seems to me that they all either belong to a burned scroll, or they are unnamed, all stopped breeding in the same time period, and their offspring are all wild dragons.

I went through booo's progeny list recently and it seems like none of the other lines survived. >___<

Since rare lines seem often sought after, and (booo) only produced 2 Silvers prior to the scroll burning, what would be the best guess of the approximate 'worth' of an 8th gen Silver (booo) baby from the White line?

While that is a rare line, that's also a pretty high gen Tinsel. Accordingly it's not going to be worth much unless you find someone who's determined to collect a baby from every Tinsel, and even then you have to hope they don't already have a lower gen one.

Thanks for answering.

At least now I know what to expect in future, and not be disappointed. I do find it rather rude though.

Yes, some of the offers CAN be rather -- weird -- I had a 4ge3n SHimmer for trade and was offered a single Cheese egg. I've asked for Nebula hatchies and been offered Crimson...sometimes I think people are just joshing with their offers.

I'm wanting a shimmerscale of any variety..would any/all of these be a good trade?

I've never really traded before, and I don't really care what generation an egg is, or what the lineage looks like..but I also have no idea if my eggs are worth a shimmerscale. I'd happily trade more than one of the eggs..I just want to know what would be reasonable of me when making offers to someone else.

1 2nd gen gold:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/L0JGO

2 3rd gen gold eggs:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/57e3J

http://dragcave.net/lineage/izGG7

2 3rd gen silver eggs (one is an even gen)

http://dragcave.net/lineage/TYvWc

http://dragcave.net/lineage/mW71m

1 2nd gen soulpeace egg

http://dragcave.net/lineage/lbMdC

If you don't mind long/messy lineages, I think just one of your metallic would easily allow you to get one.

With all of your metallics together you could aim to a pretty 5th-6th stairstep one, especially if you are willing to hatch them.

I went through booo's progeny list recently and it seems like none of the other lines survived. >___<

While that is a rare line, that's also a pretty high gen Tinsel. Accordingly it's not going to be worth much unless you find someone who's determined to collect a baby from every Tinsel, and even then you have to hope they don't already have a lower gen one.

Thanks, angelicdragonpuppy!

Is that booo egg worth gifting to people as a curiosity, or would that mostly work out to just offering a space-waster?

My shorter gens don't seem to like producing, lol, but one does like to offer what one would hope to be decent gifts, not something that might be accepted out of politeness.

Would a 5th gen Shimmer be worth a CB metal? I'd like to know before considering to get a 4th gen.

I'd also like to have multiple opinions on this if possible ^-^

Would a 5th gen Shimmer be worth a CB metal? I'd like to know before considering to get a 4th gen.

I don't know, that's my question too

Not one of my CB metals ever if it was the last shimmer on the face of the planet. TBH: others might pay that.