Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

Since Trios have dropping a lot more often, can I get a Green Nebula hatchling for a CB Magma egg?

Less a question about value, more a question about how to handle it - I finally got a spiral vampire out of my turpentine/moonstone lineage. It has what I think is a "neat" code - though maybe it's just me that thinks of napalm when I read nplNm, which is IMO great for a 'venomous' creature like the Dragon Cave vampire.

I'm hesitant to offer it free-for-all in the spiral/staircase lineage thread. I don't actually want anything great for it, I just want a good home for it, but I suspect asking for any ol' AP egg is going to be enough disincentive for people to pick it up that no one will try to nab it from a two-way trade.

Does anyone know how I can best reach people who like lineaged vampires to offer it in that sort of circle? (Or would it be okay to FFA in that thread, even though it's not in the Trading section?)

Edit: I'm asking someone specific about this particular egg now, but the general question remains... I'd be very curious! smile.gif

Edited by pinkgothic

Less a question about value, more a question about how to handle it - I finally got a spiral vampire out of my turpentine/moonstone lineage. It has what I think is a "neat" code - though maybe it's just me that thinks of napalm when I read nplNm, which is IMO great for a 'venomous' creature like the Dragon Cave vampire.

I'm hesitant to offer it free-for-all in the spiral/staircase lineage thread. I don't actually want anything great for it, I just want a good home for it, but I suspect asking for any ol' AP egg is going to be enough disincentive for people to pick it up that no one will try to nab it from a two-way trade.

Does anyone know how I can best reach people who like lineaged vampires to offer it in that sort of circle? (Or would it be okay to FFA in that thread, even though it's not in the Trading section?)

I know a friend of mine who loves vampires of any kind. White_ti_wolf_14 would be willing to breed whatever you would like for it.

That seems like a very reasonable trade to me, fallen_leaf. ^^ I'd happily make an exchange like that myself, if I had a CB neb on hand.

Thank you! ^^

I was thinking... I should get a 7th gen shimmer when my beauty here grows up Lineage . My dream is a Neglected, considering I don't care about lineages is there a chance of getting it? smile.gif

How much is a Neglected worth? And if I offer high-lineaged bronze+silver+gold shimmers all in one? I don't really know how these things go xd.png

Thankissss biggrin.gif

I was thinking... I should get a 7th gen shimmer when my beauty here grows up Lineage . My dream is a Neglected, considering I don't care about lineages is there a chance of getting it? smile.gif

How much is a Neglected worth? And if I offer high-lineaged bronze+silver+gold shimmers all in one? I don't really know how these things go xd.png

Lineaged neglecteds are worth as much as CB ones, imo. So you not caring about lineages doesn't help much. I think Neglecteds go for CB Metals and much lower gen Shimmers, but I suppose you might be lucky.

I'll sell my soul for a Neglected D:

Thank you Grox, I'll try asking for it when I'll have more shimmies or something really valuable!

Opinions, please?

I've got this bronze shimmerscale x heartseeker.

Even-gen/Thuwed/Satan on one side; plenty of Valentines on the other.

I've currently gotten two offers:

- 2 bronze tinsels and a CB cheese egg

- 2 gold tinsels, a silver tinsel, and a 3rd gen stairstep blusang.

All tinsels are either stair-step or spiral-lineaged and are 5th through 8th gen.

I personally don't particularly care about lineages as long as they're not crazy-messy, so even-gen/stairstep/spiral are all the same to me, and I also already have about 5 tinsels so I really don't need any more. I honestly don't care about the tinsels.

It basically comes down to choosing between the blusang and the cheese.

1) Is the blusang or the cheese a better offer?

2) Is is possible to trade for another color shimmer? Generation and lineage doesn't matter to me. How difficult would it be?

3) CB gold/silver or lower-gen tinsel - possible? I would be interested in these mostly for the sake of retrading as I don't really need them.

4) What other offers could I get?

5) Should I consider keeping this egg if no other offers show up? It's my first try at breeding a shimmer, and it was successful. biggrin.gif

How much is This worth?

Very pretty but unfortunately, not much. Maybe you can find a common egg / hatchie trade for it but with lineages like those, only hardcore collectors are fond of them. Even then, they are not about to pay a high price for one.

/cleans up post so I can reuse this spot

7th-gen spiral bronze shimmer for 10th-gen stairstep silver shimmer?

or would it be possible to get a lower-gen silver shimmer?

7th-gen spiral bronze shimmer for 10th-gen stairstep silver shimmer with horse dragons or for 7th-gen spiral silver shimmer with halloweens?

Halloweens are an issue as I don't have a SINGLE halloween (short of a vampire).

Edited by lluvia

So, would a CB Gold, CB Silver, 2G Silver (Silver x Lumina), CB Ice, and 2G PB Magma be worth a 2nd or 3rd gen Shimmer? Or will I have to keep collecting things to offer?

So, would a CB Gold, CB Silver, 2G Silver (Silver x Lumina), CB Ice, and 2G PB Magma be worth a 2nd or 3rd gen Shimmer? Or will I have to keep collecting things to offer?

I believe people are offering multiple CB metals for 2nd and 3rd gens. Someone said on the previous page that their friend offered 5 for a spot on a 2nd gen list, I believe.

I was just wondering how common this is:

I posted a trade offer looking like this

Have:

user posted image Silver Shimmer with perfect Silver stair lineage: Lineage

Want:

Gold user posted image or Bronze user posted image with perfect stair lineage, 7 gen or lower.

Make an offer right here! biggrin.gif

(I'll decline, if it's not right for me.)

Note: It's succesfully traded now.

Simple, right?

Not much to misunderstand, right?

Well, I got 6 offers, two of which were for trades with several non-shimmer eggs.

So yeah, I'm wondering how common that is. It bugged me a bit, because they were among the first, and I was very excited about getting several offers, but then I saw what they were it was such a let-down.

Simple, right?

Well, I got 6 offers, two of which were for trades with several non-shimmer eggs.

So yeah, I'm wondering how common that is. It bugged me a bit, because they were among the first, and I was very excited about getting several offers, but then I saw what they were it was such a let-down.

I think it is very common. I offer on trades not saying "not anything else" if I think it could maybe seen as a good offer.

ON such specific trades you will either get no offers or many if there are offers included totally different from that what you ask for.

I think it is very common. I offer on trades not saying "not anything else" if I think it could maybe seen as a good offer.

ON such specific trades you will either get no offers or many if there are offers included totally different from that what you ask for.

Thanks for answering.

At least now I know what to expect in future, and not be disappointed. I do find it rather rude though.

Edited by Svataben

Simple, right?

Common eggs or lineaged metals are usually among the first offers I usually get as well xd.png and then the swaps come in. Usually it helps to wait a bit before checking your trade link since it's easy to get down about having multiple offers of things you're not looking for sad.gif Congrats on the trade btw! smile.gif

EDIT: oops, ulki got this one laugh.gif

Edited by Valeth

Congrats on the trade btw! smile.gif

Thanks!

(And yes, I did end up just going to bed after seeing the first few offers. )

Thanks for answering.

At least now I know what to expect in future, and not be disappointed. I do find it rather rude though.

Why is it rude? Nobody can read minds xd.png

If someone states "nothing else than" and lists something, then I would agree on saying it's rude. But if no such statement is made, there is nothing wrong with trying.

Opinions, please?

I've got this bronze shimmerscale x heartseeker.

Even-gen/Thuwed/Satan on one side; plenty of Valentines on the other.

I've currently gotten two offers:

- 2 bronze tinsels and a CB cheese egg

- 2 gold tinsels, a silver tinsel, and a 3rd gen stairstep blusang.

All tinsels are either stair-step or spiral-lineaged and are 5th through 8th gen.

I personally don't particularly care about lineages as long as they're not crazy-messy, so even-gen/stairstep/spiral are all the same to me, and I also already have about 5 tinsels so I really don't need any more. I honestly don't care about the tinsels.

It basically comes down to choosing between the blusang and the cheese.

1) Is the blusang or the cheese a better offer?

2) Is is possible to trade for another color shimmer? Generation and lineage doesn't matter to me. How difficult would it be?

3) CB gold/silver or lower-gen tinsel - possible? I would be interested in these mostly for the sake of retrading as I don't really need them.

4) What other offers could I get?

5) Should I consider keeping this egg if no other offers show up? It's my first try at breeding a shimmer, and it was successful. biggrin.gif

1. CB Blusangs are super-rare right now. Lineaged ones not so much. Cheese are not so popular or rare, but I haven't seen one in awhile. Since the blusang is bred, I'd say the cheese is probably a better offer, although that does depend upon how much you like cheese dragons (since they can't be bred).

2. You could potentially trade for another shimmer, certainly! Although I will say that since this one is no longer even-gen, you will get less bites on your offer than if it remained even-gen.

3. As for CB metallics or low-gen tinsels with good trading value, I'd say probably not. As I said, it's no longer even-gen, so this shimmer is now on the messy side. Maybe you could get one CB metallic for it, if you're lucky, but with the metallics starting to dry up in rarity again, it's a long shot.

4. Depends what you're interested in. Offers of hatchlings (especially lineaged ones), maybe a trio or a few depending upon lineage, probably an alt black hatchling (and maybe a few extras thrown in). It doesn't hurt to ask, as long as your trading post isn't worded in such a way that people are afraid to offer on it.

5. If you want to keep it, then keep it. If you want to trade it, then trade it. The choice is yours, it's a personal thing. As time goes on the value of the higher-generation shimmers will start to drop, so now's the best market for trading. Personally, since it's not even-gen anymore I'd trade this one, but if it was also even-gen and I could continue the even-gen lineage further I'd consider keeping it.

Speaking of keeping things even-gen, there's an even-gen trading thread that can help you find a mate to continue the lineage as even-gen.

I also have quite a few on my scroll I could breed ranging from checkerboards to purebreds and other organized lineages, or some random ones or tinsel-fail ones. Just let me know.

Why is it rude? Nobody can read minds  xd.png

If someone states "nothing else than" and lists something, then I would agree on saying it's rude. But if no such statement is made, there is nothing wrong with trying.

Read minds?

When I clearly state what I want in return, it is also clear that I do not want other things.

I clearly wrote that I wanted A or B, and since C, D, E etc. are neither A nor B, they are not what I wanted. This is simple logic.

If I had wanted best of whatever you'd like to offer or something, I'd have posted that.

In my experience, people making those kinds of offers probably aren't actually reading your trade post. They just see a shimmerscale and immediately offer whatever they have on hand in the hopes that they may get that one in a million chance and the offer will be accepted. Unfortunately, there's really not anything you can do to stop people from doing it, except by only offering on other trades yourself instead of posting them.

I'll admit to throwing whatever shinies I have on hand into a trade offer, but only when it's stated to be open to non-shimmer offers. I know I most likely won't get it but hey, you miss 100% of the trades you don't offer on. I would never do that on a trade that requested only swaps, or something else I don't have available, though.

When I clearly state what I want in return, it is also clear that I do not want other things.

I clearly wrote that I wanted A or B, and since C, D, E etc. are neither A nor B, they are not what I wanted. This is simple logic.

Precisely.

Even if I was looking for other offers, I'd at least expect them to be reasonable (which isn't often the case).

--------

Back on topic, what do you think I'd have to add to get a colorswap for this dragon's offspring? Note: I AM looking for one that's equally messy.

Why is it rude? Nobody can read minds  xd.png

I agree with you. When the trader does not clearly state that he/she does not want any other offers, I think it's okay to offer something else too. I personally like that I have lots of offers to choose from. I can always decline those I don't want. I can't understand why some people actually feel offended when offered something else. o.O