Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

Can I get a CB spring with this hatchie? If not, what is it worth and what are CB springs worth these days?

Edited by love_HP

Ok, bunch of replies:

2g stripes: Only worth something to stripe lineage breeders, they most of the time need a specific color, so a hard item to sell - goes for loe price or not at all.

CB Golden Wyvern: depending on who you trade with, 1-2 hatchies, or if you hatch it and find a second, might be able to get a collector to trade for a low-gen metallic. Swapoing for other uncommons is also a possibility.

CB Red Dorsal: No clue. Swap for other uncommons or some hatchies, depends on the breeder who needs it.

Papers: Some hatchies, swap for other uncommons. My last two went for 4 hatchies/2 crimson hatchies. Might get more if trading to zzelya or hatching it first.

@caio: the silver stair is too long, and with a very often seen mate to have any real value. Its still a metal, so one can always trade it, but don't expect much more than one or two random hatchies. The gold should/could fetch more, but if you own that pink, i'd advise you to search people out who need specific breedings from bright pink, that usually fetches more.

@love_hp: hey, its my baby, and no: worth only the pink bsa, and nothing else. Raise it, love it.

Hey! I'm fairly new to Dragon Cave, and I'm trying to get some of the more valuable dragons. What do you think I could get in the way of, say, metals, for the following?

2x CB crimson hatchlings

2x pink hatchlings (both 3rd gen, one even gen from old pink)

1 CB split hatchling

Alternatively, how many vampire eggs (any lineage) would be reasonable to ask?

Thanks for the help, sorry if I'm totally clueless. smile.gif

As far as Pink hatchlings go, having a look at the lineage would help biggrin.gif But, generally checkers are the most valuable lineage.

That offer would probably be able to get you a metal, as long as you don't care about lineage that much.

Vamps... You'd probably be able to exchange Crimson for a Vampire.

If I wanted 2 2gen SoulPeace eggs/hatchies, what would I have to offer in trade for them? Is it still pretty much one Crimson for one SP?

How is the trading scene for Shimmers nowadays? I was considering putting up Lei Shi's egg up for trade next week, and was wondering what I should/can expect.

Sorry, I should have included a lineage link. It's nothing special-- just http://dragcave.net/lineage/NEQ4m and http://dragcave.net/lineage/VCRaz .

That helps a lot, thank you. smile.gif I didn't want to ask for something completely ridiculous and come off badly.

First guy isn't worth that much. The second guy could fetch something in the even gen trading thread.

@Noxion: A friend of mine offered five CB Silvers for a spot on a 2nd gen list. I'm not sure whether he got it or not. In your case, I'd suggest emptying the PM box and see what you'll get. And also, be very clear on what you want - otherwise you'll just get a bunch of offers you don't like.

Thank you, though mine will be a 3rd gen so it probably won't get multiple CB metallic offers.

Thank you, though mine will be a 3rd gen so it probably won't get multiple CB metallic offers.

I've seen many CB Metallics being traded for 2nd-6th gens. I'm sure for a 3rd gen, you will get plenty of Cb metallics that you want. That's just a guess though.

What could I expect to get for a 7thGen Silver Shimmer? (HorsexShimmer stairstep)

I got a CB Gold for a 4th gen. The best offer was CB Gold + CB Bluesang hatchlings. And that was, mind you, when I asked for just one metallic. I'm sure that if I've asked for more, I would've gotten more.

@Isuzu: Maybe a bit of a stretch, but a CB metallic is still a possibility.

For a 3rd gen you will get multiple CB Metals easily (I know I offer multiples on 3rd gens), as long as CB Metals are available. While they are presently still around, there is not nearly as many as there was during the 'Metal Age' we just passed through.

In other words get your shimmer up for trade as quick as possible.

Edited by Dubious

That seems like a very reasonable trade to me, fallen_leaf. ^^ I'd happily make an exchange like that myself, if I had a CB neb on hand.

Is a 2nd Gen Sitting alt Black, CB Magma, 4th gen Thuwed and 5th Gen a little bit messy Silver too little for a CB Gold or ANY Gen Shimmer?

Is a 2nd Gen Sitting alt Black, CB Magma, 4th gen Thuwed and 5th Gen a little bit messy Silver too little for a CB Gold or ANY Gen Shimmer?

it's too little for a CB Gold. But someone might trade you a Shimmer for it as long as you dont care for lineage or anything

it's too little for a CB Gold. But someone might trade you a Shimmer for it as long as you dont care for lineage or anything

*Sigh* What would I need to trade for a CB Gold?

*Sigh* What would I need to trade for a CB Gold?

A Neglected or a couple CB Silvers, usually. You can take a peek in the Rare Trading Thread & Metallic Trading thread to see what most people are asking for them...

A Neglected or a couple CB Silvers, usually. You can take a peek in the Rare Trading Thread & Metallic Trading thread to see what most people are asking for them...

Okay, thanks. smile.gif So no hope for me, because I'm useless at catching metals and have no clue how to make neglectes. smile.gif

Okay, thanks. smile.gif So no hope for me, because I'm useless at catching metals and have no clue how to make neglectes. smile.gif

Occassionally people trade for a large number of cb hatchlings 50-70 range though it rare

To be blunt, if I were in your position I'd learn to make NDs because 99.95% likely that you won't see CB metals going for less in your lifetime. ^^;; Unless, of course, you win a prize or land a second gen shimmer/holly but trading is very unforgiving and competitive at the moment and will likely stay that way for the next decade at least.

I'd like to say that I'd eventually accept hatchlings at some point, but when people offer a 200 hatchling IOU it screams of multiscrolling.

I'd even say that the division in trading value is getting worse, as evidenced by the drop of 'establised' rares like blacks and stripes in value.

Edited by DarkEternity

To be blunt, if I were in your position I'd learn to make NDs because 99.95% likely that you won't see CB metals going for less in your lifetime. ^^;; Unless, of course, you win a prize or land a second gen shimmer/holly but trading is very unforgiving and competitive at the moment and will likely stay that way for the next decade at least.

I'd like to say that I'd eventually accept hatchlings at some point, but when people offer a 200 hatchling IOU it screams of multiscrolling.

I'd even say that the division in trading value is getting worse, as evidenced by the drop of 'establised' rares like blacks and stripes in value.

I agree with you, I guess I have to start learning how to made ND:s to complete my scroll goals.

I think it's kind of sad how competitive the trading scene is, and how much the trading inflation is eating away the value of dragons.

But anyway, thank you all for your replies. I'm off to study the Neglected Science. tongue.gif Wish me luck.

Of course the more people who learn to make Neglecteds, the lower their value will drop as well.

--200 hatchlings isn't /too/ hard to do. I'd just trade the normal rares, Trios and the like, for CB hatchlings. It used to be a heck of a lot easier though. There were a lot more Rares to choose from. Then again, the APs got a near constant supply of CB incuhatchable eggs now too.

It's the people who offer 40+ chicken hatchlings I think are in trouble.

----

Trading's weird. Blacks and Stripes have tanked. Dinos seem to have spiked.

Metals are weird. There's enough of them to have dropped their value proportionally to the Blacks and Stripes (which actually seem to have recovered some of their rarity--but NOT their value), except they're never on the "normal" market. People who have them only want Shimmers.

Of course the more people who learn to make Neglecteds, the lower their value will drop as well.

--200 hatchlings isn't /too/ hard to do. I'd just trade the normal rares, Trios and the like, for CB hatchlings.  It used to be a heck of a lot easier though. There were a lot more Rares to choose from. Then again, the APs got a near constant supply of CB incuhatchable eggs now too.

It's the people who offer 40+ chicken hatchlings I think are in trouble.

----

Trading's weird. Blacks and Stripes have tanked. Dinos seem to have spiked.

Metals are weird. There's enough of them to have dropped their value proportionally to the Blacks and Stripes (which actually seem to have recovered some of their rarity--but NOT their value), except they're never on the "normal" market. People who have them only want Shimmers.

exactly this. If I had an empty scroll & a gold trophy i could incuhatch 21 CB AP eggs and then wait for a person to pick up the hatchlings if I did that every three days I could be done with a 200 IOU in a month or so.

I don't know about other people but I personally am trying to make CB pairs of metals and every obtainable CB sprite on DC so I won't be trading any golds/silvers I get anytime soon

i also think people are waiting for the drought that all these metals would normally bring .

Edited by QAndais