Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

I just snagged two stripes, a golden wyvern, and a black from the cave (all CB). What are stripes worth these days? Could I get one of the new prize dragons with all four?

I just snagged two stripes, a golden wyvern, and a black from the cave (all CB). What are stripes worth these days? Could I get one of the new prize dragons with all four?

Blacks and Stripes have been a lot easier to find lately, so they've lost a decent amount of value. I doubt you'll be able to find a Shimmer for them; I've been stalking the trading threads in search of a decent Shimmer myself, and from what I've seen even the messiest, nastiest Shimmers are only going for CB/low gen Metals or Shimmerswaps. Just hang tight, though, in a few months I imagine they'll be common as snot.

Aww...I'm in a dilemma now dry.gif

Put up a trade and got many offers.

The best 2:

1) CB ice, CB balloon, CB moonstone

2) This and This

All 5 items are hatchies.

I'm thinking that a lineage containing PB ice is harder to make, and so "worth" more than a CB ice... dry.gif I hate decisions.

love_HP; it's really down to whether you prefer lineages over CB's, and whether you like those lineages. I personally would find it hard to make a mate for either of the lineages, and I collect CB's, so I would go with the top offer. But it's completely down to your own personal taste.

The best 2:

2) This and This

I'm thinking that a lineage containing PB ice is harder to make, and so "worth" more than a CB ice... dry.gif I hate decisions.

I'd personally go for the first; in the second offer Tan really doesn't have a specific pattern (or I just can't see it) and I prefer checkers over random even gens.

But, that's just me.

The best 2:

2) This and This

Cn baloon and moonstone are pretty easy to get, so really is just the CB ice versus the other two, and there is really depends on how much you like lineaged dragons.

In my experience, CB are always worth more then lineaged ones.

And I have a question too... do you think a 2nd gen alt vine (pb) and a 2nd gen curled alt black (non pb) may worth a shimmerscale?

I tried to create such a trade but didn't have a single offer, so I fear I'm overvaluating my alts. unsure.gif

Edited by Iside

Cn baloon and moonstone are pretty easy to get, so really is just the CB ice versus the other two, and there is really depends on how much you like lineaged dragons.

In my experience, CB are always worth more then lineaged ones.

And I have a question too... do you think a 2nd gen alt vine (pb) and a 2nd gen curled alt black (non pb) may worth a shimmerscale?

I tried to create such a trade but didn't have a single offer, so I fear I'm overvaluating my alts. unsure.gif

Depends on the lineage/generation/etc, and whether or not someone with a shimmerscale is looking for a trade like yours.

There's a lot of demand for shimmerscales right now, someone with a short lineage could demand practically anything they wanted in exchange for one. So it's more a matter of what the shimmerscale owner wants.

It's supply and demand.

For example, you and your next door neighbor buy cars, and spend the same amount.

You get a popular high-end luxury car that's known for its durability and dependability, as well as high resale value. Practical.

Your neighbor got a first-in-the-US limited edition imported model with special paint and trim. Flashy.

Both cars are going to attract attention, but your neighbor's will gain more attention because nobody's seen a car like that before.

Doesn't mean it's worth more, you both paid the same amount, but his would catch more interest should he put it up for sale since the used car dealerships already have plenty of the popular dependable model, and nobody has one like your neighbor.

Five years down the line, of course, when his car is reduced to a limited edition version of a flashy but familiar car known to have a high cost of ownership, then the tables turn and your popular, practical car's high resale value comes into play, since your car kept its value due to its dependability while your neighbor's lost value due to its reputation for the requirement to rebuild the transmission every 50,000 miles.

Make sense?

I just got a 3G Shimmer from a starting spiral and I'm trying to decide how to influence it. I could keep the spiral going (m-f-m-f-m-f-etc), or do a wave with hiccup at the beginning (m-f-f-m-m-f-f-etc), or do a cyclone (m-f-f-m-m-m-f-f-f-f-etc).

I can't really decide since all of them are pretty imo, so I wanted to ask if there is any difference in tradevalue?

I just got a 3G Shimmer from a starting spiral and I'm trying to decide how to influence it. I could keep the spiral going (m-f-m-f-m-f-etc), or do a wave with hiccup at the beginning (m-f-f-m-m-f-f-etc), or do a cyclone (m-f-f-m-m-m-f-f-f-f-etc).

I can't really decide since all of them are pretty imo, so I wanted to ask if there is any difference in tradevalue?

Well, if you want the best trade value, keep the spiral going. Although the other options are lineage patterns, the fact is that most people see them as a mistake - and to demonstrate that it's not, that it's an intentional and attractive pattern can often take a few generations.

And the people who you will be trading with who are looking for low gens will end up with a pattern in the making instead of an established pattern (like spiral and stair-step, which are immediately apparent) and so their low gen dragon's lineage might actually be much less attractive than the 8th gen of that line will be. And it's harder to find people to "pay" for that, both because everyone wants the "right now" lineage, and because then the value of their eggs may suffer.

Stair-steps and spirals became popular because of their simplicity (and I mean that more as in their simplicity in making as opposed to aesthetically). The more work you add into the mix, the harder it can be to trade . Are there going to be some people who will like the other options best? Yes. But that's not true for the majority and, for trade value, you want to appeal to the widest group of people possible.

Are Tinsels now considered not trade-worthy? Or must you now have only 3gens to get any kind of response?

While I have a vague grasp on a few things, sometimes other things escape me and even though I've got an idea...I'm looking for a little feedback.

I have a 3rd gen metallic silver with common mates....I'd absolutely love a 3rd Gen Tinsel to use for gifting purposes, but it seems from the trade threads that mine is possibly not of equal value to a 3rd gen tinsel. I'm wondering what would I might need to add to the mix or if I'm better off looking at 4th Gens for my Silver 3rd. I know the Tinsel market isn't really of interest to a lot of people currently, but I'm somewhat more focused on those until the shimmer craze dies down.

I know that I might just not be running into the right trades, atm, but I honestly don't know anyone with 2nd Gens and I'm not one to hassle people for trades in PMs if they're not already listed somewhere. I assume most with those dragons probably have a good bit of what they're looking for now-a-days and might have moved over to the shimmer market as well.

Just looking for a little feedback to confirm.

[Ahaha, Oddsoxdi and I both posted about tinsels. Lawl. Also, Odd, I'm one of those that are still interested in Tins, I'm just looking for a higher trade, atm, due to actually having a low gen metal on hand, something I usually don't have. I -do- peek at all the tinsels on the market, so there are some of us still interested! Whether or not I actually post something on a trade depends on if I have anything I'd want to let go of, which is hard for me cause I hoard everything, or if it's a line that I can continue easily or not.]

Edited by Bu-tan

A couple of you asking about Tinsels? Well, I personally only ask for multiple hatchlings or something for 4th gens I breed nowadays, if I can be bothered to breed them. Although some rare lines do still go for more. Anything above 4th gen isn't worth very much at all. 3rd gens are still worth a fair bit though, I got a couple of CB Metals for one the other day. :/

Edited by TheGrox

A couple of you asking about Tinsels? Well, I personally only ask for multiple hatchlings or something for 4th gens I breed nowadays, if I can be bothered to breed them. Although some rare lines do still go for more. Anything above 4th gen isn't worth very much at all. 3rd gens are still worth a fair bit though, I got a CB Metal for one the other day. :/

My friend just got 3 CB Silvers for a 3rd gen Tinsel xd.png

Are Tinsels now considered not trade-worthy? Or must you now have only 3gens to get any kind of response?

It would depend on what you're looking for smile.gif Grox is pretty much right though, 4th-gens and lower are the only ones given serious consideration in trade if for example, you're looking for metallic offers. I use my 5th-gens for random thing I need like maybe a CB Trio or a couple of hatchies.

I don't think that tinsels are not trade-worthy so much as people are overly focused on shimmers at the moment, and maybe people are interested in what you have but don't have the things you're looking for, so if after a couple of days, there's still no response, maybe you can try adjusting your want list?

While I have a vague grasp on a few things, sometimes other things escape me and even though I've got an idea...I'm looking for a little feedback.

I have a 3rd gen metallic silver with common mates....I'd absolutely love a 3rd Gen Tinsel to use for gifting purposes, but it seems from the trade threads that mine is possibly not of equal value to a 3rd gen tinsel. I'm wondering what would I might need to add to the mix or if I'm better off looking at 4th Gens for my Silver 3rd. I know the Tinsel market isn't really of interest to a lot of people currently, but I'm somewhat more focused on those until the shimmer craze dies down.

I know that I might just not be running into the right trades, atm, but I honestly don't know anyone with 2nd Gens and I'm not one to hassle people for trades in PMs if they're not already listed somewhere. I assume most with those dragons probably have a good bit of what they're looking for now-a-days and might have moved over to the shimmer market as well.

Just looking for a little feedback to confirm.

[Ahaha, Oddsoxdi and I both posted about tinsels. Lawl. Also, Odd, I'm one of those that are still interested in Tins, I'm just looking for a higher trade, atm, due to actually having a low gen metal on hand, something I usually don't have. I -do- peek at all the tinsels on the market, so there are some of us still interested! Whether or not I actually post something on a trade depends on if I have anything I'd want to let go of, which is hard for me cause I hoard everything, or if it's a line that I can continue easily or not.]

For a 3rd-gen Silver, you would have better chances at offering for a 4th-gen tinsel although you can sometimes still be rejected depending on the tinsel owner. sad.gif

3rd-gen tinsels usually go for a CB metallic or two depending on rarity although you can sometimes find an owner willing to part with one for a 2nd-gen metallic (rare occurrence though).

And well, I guess it would be better to wait for a response to your trade rather than PM someone not openly trading a 3rd-gen tinsel since that might be seen as rude and being pushy sad.gif And I'm still interested in tinsels as well so I'm always on the lookout for low-gens especially newer lines biggrin.gif (You're not alone there!)

Edited by Valeth

My friend just got 3 CB Silvers for a 3rd gen Tinsel xd.png

Well, it depends on the rarity of the Tinsel line too tongue.gif.

Thank you all! I had a feeling that was the case, but I wanted to make sure. I didn't, however, know that they were going for such high trades, so that gives me an idea of what to go for. :3

I want to do something special to honor my best friend who happens to be a marine and a single dad, but I am really unsure at what kind of trade things I need to stock up on or if I should even bother laugh.gif , so what I want is a 2nd gen gold shimmer with red. I know I know keep dreaming, but a ballpark for the future would be nice. biggrin.gif

I'd say most 2nd gen Shimmer lists are full now, especially gold ones. It really depends on the Shimmer owner as to what they ask for, but I doubt you'll find any who don't have big IOU lists already. :/

Well, it's really hard to put a value on 2nd gen Shimmers. They are one of the rarest things on DC at the moment, so their value could be similar to multiple CB Metals, 2nd-3rd gen Tinsels, etc. But I know some Shimmer owners are asking a bit less than that now, and some have asked a lot less all along. They might just want nice lineages or a lot of hatchlings. Basically, it's down to the individual owner. I can't be any more specific than that.

There's one or two Shimmer owners who's lists were about 70 people long last time I checked, so ... it might be a while before lists start to open up again wink.gif.

Oh no I appreciate the help. learning the ropes on trading is a bit slippery. It's all good I have plenty of other projects to keep me busy on biggrin.gif .

Thanks again Grox

What would you say would be the best eggs to hatch for hatchies for trade? Are 2gen PB Blacks/Vines a good bet? Speckle Throats? Sometimes it's a mystery to me what people want.

What would you say would be the best eggs to hatch for hatchies for trade? Are 2gen PB Blacks/Vines a good bet? Speckle Throats? Sometimes it's a mystery to me what people want.

If it's me I always look for the newer release hatchies from the cave or BSA's are always a good bet in my opinion. Seasonals to.

mystyic