Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

Shik - the lineage is clean and its a Metal and a low gen, but the lineage itself isnt that pretty or easy to continue or find a mirror mate for, which is probably where the hang up is coming from asking for a swap.

however, it is a low gen Silver and is clean, so you should be able to get a few uncommons or higher gen Metals/Tinsel for it imo. you might want to wait until it hatches or it could be because your offering on the weekand that your getting no interest

Polar - what Point said. another thing is during the Holidays, pair it with a holiday dragon. alot.png of people pair their CB golds and Silvers with Shadow Walkers espeically, and will be looking for non-related holiday mates. i've seen a fair amount of golds paired with Heartseekers as well.

other mates i personally use for my precious - Male Nebula, Daydream, Shimmer, Red, Lurker, Ludwing.

What's a good mate for a CB gold, so that the non-shiny offspring might be tradable?

In general, what bred things make good trade fodder? Say for CB common hatchlings or CB uncommons? Are second gens of anything in demand right now? I have at least one CB everything on my scroll except old pink, alt sweetling and some older holidays.

I get decent trades from trading second gen Trios from my CB Gold ^^' Haven't bred her to a Thunder yet, and she never produces with my Ice, but produced well with my Magma and their offspring was nice trade fodder.

What is the worth of 2nd gen Ice from Winter father? I need this badly, but have no idea what to offer unsure.gif

So, how do you go about getting a 2nd Gen Tinsel?

If the trade threads are any indication you need to be good at catching CB metals or turning NDs, or have some 2nd gen thuweds to trade, maybe a pretty low gen holly or two you can breed, or you know somebody that knows somebody. Maybe throw in a huge dose of good luck! xd.png

If the trade threads are any indication you need to be good at catching CB metals or turning NDs, or have some 2nd gen thuweds to trade, maybe a pretty low gen holly or two you can breed, or you know somebody that knows somebody. Maybe throw in a huge dose of good luck! xd.png

That's the funny thing though. I don't think I've ever seen a 2nd Gen Tinsel up for trade. Yet, I know there are people who have them.

That's the funny thing though. I don't think I've ever seen a 2nd Gen Tinsel up for trade. Yet, I know there are people who have them.

That's most likely because of IOUs. They give away IOUs for 2nd gen Tinsels instead of actually putting them up for trade.

That, and they don't actually have to go seeking trades.

Watch the threads when the new prize dragons are finally handed out to the winners. You'll see a ton of people offering every imaginable thing they can get their hands on in return for a 2nd gen.

Prize winners could probably breed for two years straight and still not have fulfilled all the initial offers that came in for them! tongue.gif

Dragonroz you should be able to get a 2g ice for another uncommon, maybe a blusang, GW, stripe, etc. I think you might be hitting a breeding slump is all. I've tried breeding my ices for other peoples projects and all I get is no interest, or an egg from the more common parent. Getting an ice egg is a matter of really good luck in my experience.

What could I get for a Paper, roughly? I'm hoping for CB Pinks or Reds. And does it make a difference if I wanted to trade hatchies instead of eggs?

I need your help again folks:

To my immense bewilderment, one of my silvers actually decided to give me an egg with this lineage.

I put the egg up for trade, asking for a metalswap or offers (CB uncommon/semi-rare), but until now I got no reaction, so I am wondering why.

Is the lineage that abysmal or am I asking too much?

I think it is still "too good" just for freezing, but then, I can be wrong...

Help please?

Shik

I find that specifying what you mean by "offers" instead of just saying "offers" will usually get a better response, though this isn't law, of course. ^^ It's really hard to judge individual worth when it comes to metallics, and making an offer that you perceive to be acceptable can conflict with what you perceive the trader to view as a reasonable offer. So yeah, sometimes that helps.

I'm guessing the problem is that many metallic traders would consider that lineage messy. Stairstep metallics are usually the most easily traded (as they can be continued easily) followed by EGs. While your silver is considerably tidier than some really messy metallics, it's ultimately still messy and makes continuing and (most likely) trading future offspring of, less favorable. It's why you often see messy metallics go for a couple of CB hatchies.

Does that help? :)

I find that specifying what you mean by "offers" instead of just saying "offers" will usually get a better response, though this isn't law, of course.

It's usually the other way around for me. I will say the less specific I am, the more lowball offers I get.

It's usually the other way around for me. I will say the less specific I am, the more lowball offers I get.

Oh yeah, I forgot to take into account different trading styles. I'm kinda worryingly complacent and any offers is pretty much a huge thumbs up, haha. I didn't do a good job explaining that in my previous post, sorry. ^^"

"Offers" is such a broad thing for me - I find that I always try to meet one of the more specific 'wants' before attempting an unspecified offer (if at all). It's a gamble, really, whether it works or not. I guess I should say that if you're after some reasonably easy to obtain eggs, it's better to specify rather than field random offers, but yeah, you have a point about the lowball offers too.

Omg, I'm not making any sense today I think. Too much heat, blargh. XD

I have a Paper, 3rd gen Gold (clean Gold x White stairstep lineage, non inbred) and 2nd gen Winter (CB Ice x CB Winter lineage) and was wondering what I could get for them.

Specifically:

I would love a CB Silver. Is that within the realm of possibilities?

Second on my wishlist are low-gen Tinsels. What generation might I ask for?

And third on my list are CB Pinks and CB Reds - people have already offered these for the Gold in a separate deal, but I am not sure how many Pinks/Reds I should trade for the Gold.

Lastly, I'm also wondering about the value of Gold Wyverns compared to my Gold egg and Paper.

Any advice?

I have a Paper, 3rd gen Gold (clean Gold x White stairstep lineage, non inbred) and 2nd gen Winter (CB Ice x CB Winter lineage) and was wondering what I could get for them.

Specifically:

I would love a CB Silver. Is that within the realm of possibilities?

Second on my wishlist are low-gen Tinsels. What generation might I ask for?

And third on my list are CB Pinks and CB Reds - people have already offered these for the Gold in a separate deal, but I am not sure how many Pinks/Reds I should trade for the Gold.

Lastly, I'm also wondering about the value of Gold Wyverns compared to my Gold egg and Paper.

Any advice?

You probably will not get a CB Silver. However, you might succeed in getting a somewhat low gen Tinsel (4th or 5th gen would be my guess, but you could shoot for 3rd gen - you never know) for the Gold.

From what I have found, Papers are actually difficult to trade unless someone is collecting them specifically - few people seem to want unbreedables.

However, if what I see is normal, you should have no problem getting Golden Wyverns and CB Reds and Pinks for the Winter and the Gold. smile.gif I would expect that you could ask for at least 4 CB reds and pinks for the Gold, if not more.

Of course, everyone has different wants and tastes and styles and such; this are just what I see as likely.

Edited by LibbyLishly

LibbyLishly, thank you for your well thought-out reply. It is much appreciated smile.gif.

Edited by Mistress of Whispers

Can someone please help me understand what's this worth? line *noob here*

It's my first time putting an alt on trade so I'm fairly clueless. I put trade for bloow swap but if that doesn't happen, and it can be traded for something that's really hard to achieve I'd be willing to trade it, otherwise I'd rather keep it. I don't think it's 1:1 with trios considering I've got them far more easily compared to alt, but then again, I'm not that experienced. Some things I'm interested in are cb/low gen metals, low gen tinsels, multiple cb rares like trio/GW/blusang or others of equal rarity.

Curled black alt, nice! Blood swap for another curled might be difficult to achieve as there are rarely a lot of people that have them available at the same time.

But you should be able to get just about any of those listed in your last sentence with a little patience, cb metal might be a stretch though.

If I thought my metals would actually breed I'd offer a low gen for it! tongue.gif

It is a really nice curled alt black.

Bloodswaps are probably hard, since alt blacks are quite rare at the moment, but you should easily be able to get a couple of cb stripes/trios/blusangs are maybe even a 2nd gen metal for it

Thanks guys! I didn't actually know my post made it out from the white wall of doom lol The lag wouldn't let me post at all when I was writing this so i gave up but it's magically reappeared xd.png I decided to keep the little one unless someone decided to be out of way generous with a cb metal or ND (which I understand it's not worth) since those are the only things I will never get on my own. But I am not expecting an offer to come my way so I will enjoy watching it grow. laugh.gif

So, what would this Neglected be worth? (If it's fogged, it's 4th Gen with Skywings, Blacks, and a White in it's lineage)

Not quite a CB metal, but I'd hazard 2-3 2nd gen metals or a 3rd gen tinsel of uncommon lineage.

My understanding is that, the higher the generation, the lower the value in trade. So for example, everyone wants a 2G or 3G, but pretty much no one is going to trade anything special for a 9G.

At the same time, special lineages - PB, spirals, etc are highly prized.

So, my question.

If I wanted a 10th generation bronze with a lineage to make it a fun mate for this dragon lineage link, what on earth would I need to be able to pony up to exchange for it?

IE - what is a 1oth gen bronze or other prize from a spiral lineage worth?

If you had asked this 6 months ago I would have said a common cb hatchling, since tinsels were breeding like rabbits and above 5-6th generation their worth was almost nothing.

Now it is harder because tinsels are breeding very badly. So the problem in not the price of a 10th gen but the difficulty in breeding it.

I would suggest you to post your request in a gifting thread like Breeding, Gifting, so many people with high generation tinsels can see it and try to breed they dragons.

If you had asked this 6 months ago I would have said a common cb hatchling, since tinsels were breeding like rabbits and above 5-6th generation their worth was almost nothing.

Now it is harder because tinsels are breeding very badly. So the problem in not the price of a 10th gen but the difficulty in breeding it.

I would suggest you to post your request in a gifting thread like Breeding, Gifting, so many people with high generation tinsels can see it and try to breed they dragons.

Oooh, I see, thanks for the info! I had heard they were breeding poorly lately, but I didn't realise how bad it's gotten!

Not quite a CB metal, but I'd hazard 2-3 2nd gen metals or a 3rd gen tinsel of uncommon lineage.
You're going to think I'm an idiot, but what constitutes a "rare/uncommon" line tinsel? I know what rare means, but how do you know which ones are rare?

Now it is harder because tinsels are breeding very badly. So the problem in not the price of a 10th gen but the difficulty in breeding it..

Honestly, I'm not how many 10th gen perfect spiral tinsels there'd be out there (even though the breeding has improved noticeably in the last few weeks - based on the number of tinsels up for trade anyway).