Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

i just found a cb gold dragon.

as it is probably a once in a year find, i am tempted to trade it away.

what should i go for, though, or what could i expect to get out of it?

('im not that interested in rares, unbreedables, holidays or blusangs)

Well in that case? Keep it xd.png

You can get a 2nd gen Tinsel (but they breed very poorly now), 2nd gen Holly (if there are any pairs to breed left) or 1+ NDs for one. And of course a huge bunch of Hatchlings. ^^" But.. as you are not interested in such things as you said.. I'd go for the very first option of this post ^.~

(or you can gift it to Belisar ^.~)

Edited by Belisar

Well, if you are not interested in rares, unbreedables, holidays or blusangs I could offer you my soul and a horde of BSA hatchlings for it xd.png

But the fair suggestion is: if you don't already have other cb golds, keep it.

If you are interested in red and pink hatchies or nice lineaged dragons and similar stuff, you will be able to get them with the offsprings of your cb gold: a lot of people in fact usually look for common offsprings of cb metallics for their lineages project, and will made good offers for them. Not to speak of 2nd gen golds of corse.

If it's your first one I'd recommend keeping it, but if you really want to trade it I know of someone (besides me) who'd trade 100 hatchlings for one.If you'd like to know who it is please PM me wink.gif

Okay, I've been debating this trade for over a day, and debating posting in here for about 12 hrs. SO! I need some help. Can someone tell me what they think of this trade.. Fair or not?

Two 2nd gen Halloween eggs for 1 CB neglected hatchie.

EDIT: Neglected would have to be made BEFORE halloween, if that helps with info.

I'd also love to hear from multiple people o.e

Edited by sunsteps88

Okay, I've been debating this trade for over a day, and debating posting in here for about 12 hrs. SO! I need some help. Can someone tell me what they think of this trade.. Fair or not?

Hmm.. If they're eggs, I would say that's a fair trade.

EDIT: Neglected would have to be made BEFORE halloween, if that helps with info.

I've been able to get offers of 2nd gen holidays for Trios. Although I know some holidays are rarer than others.

Thanks for the heads-up, I'll keep the gold and see how it goes.

and: I would not know which 100 dragons to get from snowy, either. smile.gif

Is there an easy place to find out which gold offspring people need? wink.gif

Edited by whitebaron

I've been able to get offers of 2nd gen holidays for Trios. Although I know some holidays are rarer than others.

Yeah, I've gotten a lot better offers for it, but I'm shy and can't say no often o.e... I really don't know if I should just do it/try or ask for a third....

Is there an easy place to find out which gold offspring people need? wink.gif

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by that.

So this one is sort of a toughie, but what could I offer and expect CB Pillows in return? I'm always looking for them, and I know they are ranked uncommon because the appear in just one biome, but I don't know quite what a CB Pillow is worth. I don't know what dragons to breed for trade fodder and whether I'm offering too much or not enough. Lately I've been picking up a lot of CB Vamps in the AP and trading them off for Pillows but I feel like that is slightly off-balance -___-

So this one is sort of a toughie, but what could I offer and expect CB Pillows in return? I'm always looking for them, and I know they are ranked uncommon because the appear in just one biome, but I don't know quite what a CB Pillow is worth. I don't know what dragons to breed for trade fodder and whether I'm offering too much or not enough. Lately I've been picking up a lot of CB Vamps in the AP and trading them off for Pillows but I feel like that is slightly off-balance -___-

I don't particularly think CB Vamps are worth pillows, but I would trade a lot for Vamps, mostly because I hate having to bite my own eggs. |D;. CB Pillows seem reasonable for vamps, but it does feel a tad off-balance. Although I could help catch for you, since it seems easy for me. :3

I don't particularly think CB Vamps are worth pillows, but I would trade a lot for Vamps, mostly because I hate having to bite my own eggs. |D;. CB Pillows seem reasonable for vamps, but it does feel a tad off-balance. Although I could help catch for you, since it seems easy for me. :3

Yeah, the only reason I trade CB Vamps for Pillows is because it's the only thing I can think of that is at least worth a CB Pillow. I've offered Ridgewings, Reds, Pinks, etc. in the past, all 2nd gen or CB because those are more valuable than long lineaged and inbred, but they almost never get any offers. So I raised the rarity factor in my trade offers but I was wondering if there is something more easily obtainable I can offer for CB Pillows.

Yeah, the only reason I trade CB Vamps for Pillows is because it's the only thing I can think of that is at least worth a CB Pillow. I've offered Ridgewings, Reds, Pinks, etc. in the past, all 2nd gen or CB because those are more valuable than long lineaged and inbred, but they almost never get any offers. So I raised the rarity factor in my trade offers but I was wondering if there is something more easily obtainable I can offer for CB Pillows.

Checked your trades. You want hatchlings (or at least that's the impression the pics give). That might be your problem. I can typically get 2-3 hatchlings on a trade, but I'm not specific.

You're looking for a very small set of people: ones who picked up a pillow 4+ days ago (and in many cases more than one), but are also willing to trade them.

Uhhmm that depends...

Are you the one who has the ND or are you the one wants it?

So basically.. In my opinion a CB ND is worth way more than two 2nd gen Halloween dragons. You could ask for wayway more.

If you want one and the other person is fine with that, then go for it xd.png It will be a cheap ND for you.

It really depends on the eggs: if they are two 2nd gen marrows from gold or holly parents I would say not, a CB neglected is not worth them.

If they are more common combos, or if you have to breed the eggs yourself, I think they are a good deal for a CB neglected.

If I were offering the neglected, I would ask for hatchling instead of eggs in this second case.

Is there an easy place to find out which gold offspring people need?

I'd try had a look at the "dragon trading" thread wink.gif

I often see pillows in the alpine biome, and don't even bother myself in catching them since I don't need them and never find someone to trade them with. So I think people usually don't catch them just for trade fodder and it's difficult they have one ready for a trade

So if I really wanted some cb pillows I would:

- offer hatchlings not eggs. They are far more appreciated the eggs. If you offer BSA ones (reds, pinks, purples and maybe magis) they will be even more appreciated.

- accept IOUs

- accept eggs

Edited by Iside

Are seven CB Halloween dragons a fair price to pay for a CB Neglected? :\;

edit; accepting IOU's these days seems dangerous, and tinsels hate me right now. |D;

Edited by Ashes The Second

Are seven CB Halloween dragons a fair price to pay for a CB Neglected? :\;

edit; accepting IOU's these days seems dangerous, and tinsels hate me right now. |D;

7 CB hatchlings are A LOT. It means that someone must completely lock their scroll on Halloween (assuming they are actually able to find 7 cb eggs) and give every hatchlings to you, with no chance of keeping some for theirselves unless they have someone esle to help.

Personally I won't offer so many dragons for a single ND

What exactly would 1, 2, or even 3 CB Halloweens be worth? I'm planning on catching a bunch and then trading them, then catching more and keeping them for myself. (before you guys are all like "they're hard to catch, how are you going to catch more than 7", I must say, I'm quite good at catching. I caught about 8 CB Blusangs within the first two-three days, so I know I will be able to catch a decent amount of Halloweens)

Would at least 20 Waterhorse/Coastal Waverunner/WaterWalker hatchlings each be reasonable? Or is that too much?

Edited by Erica8798

7 CB hatchlings are A LOT. It means that someone must completely lock their scroll on Halloween (assuming they are actually able to find 7 cb eggs) and give every hatchlings to you, with no chance of keeping some for theirselves unless they have someone esle to help.

Personally I won't offer so many dragons for a single ND

Other way around. I'M offering the CB Halloweens. And I would not give the hatchlings away -- they would be eggs. I don't let hatchlings stay on my scroll if they are for someone else -- I need that space.

Edited by Ashes The Second

Checked your trades. You want hatchlings (or at least that's the impression the pics give). That might be your problem. I can typically get 2-3 hatchlings on a trade, but I'm not specific.

You're looking for a very small set of people: ones who picked up a pillow 4+ days ago (and in many cases more than one), but are also willing to trade them.

That must have been my most recent trade that you saw, it was that one time that I asked for a Pillow hatchling and offered a CB Vamp egg but in the past I have asked for eggs or hatchlings, mostly just expecting eggs. It seemed a little more balanced to me to ask for a hatchie, and also I didn't specify what lineage I wanted the hatchling to be. It could have been inbred and I would have taken it. But most of the offers I got were CB hatchlings anyway, which really made me wonder why I couldn't get CB eggs for the CB Vamps I had offered in the past. People were much more eager to offer their hatchlings than their eggs it seemed...huh.

@ Iside

(Just noting on the side that I do accept eggs, but I rarely get any offers anyway, it was just the one time that I asked for a hatchling. Someone did offer an egg but I accepted a CB hatchie over that offer)

I could very well offer hatchlings, I know offering a BSA hatchie for a CB Pillow egg would be a more reasonable trade, but it always seemed to me that if I went to all the trouble to raise an egg into a hatchling ("trouble" meaning I waited for days for it to hatch while it took up a slot I could have filled with a Pillow I caught on my own - and catching them is always an option, I do catch them a lot, but sometimes it is simpler to get them from other people) anyway if I went to all that trouble I might as well just keep the trade-fodder hatchling once it hatches. But raising and hatching trade-fodder is the equivalent of raising and hatching a Pillow, so I would really only want Pillow hatchlings if I were offering a hatchling myself. So, to simplify, hatchling:hatchling would be more preferred than hatchling:egg when it comes to something as devalued as a Pillow. They aren't exactly sought after by many members, just me and a few other Pillow enthusiasts =P

That sounds awfully confusing, lol.

So if you had a CB Pillow, egg or hatchling, and were scrolling through the trade threads, what might you see that you would trade the CB Pillow for? Something reasonable, of course - obviously if I offered, say, a Silver, and asked for a Pillow...well, the offers would pile up. But I would never do that xd.png

I could very well offer hatchlings, I know offering a BSA hatchie for a CB Pillow egg would be a more reasonable trade, but it always seemed to me that if I went to all the trouble to raise an egg into a hatchling ("trouble" meaning I waited for days for it to hatch while it took up a slot I could have filled with a Pillow I caught on my own - and catching them is always an option, I do catch them a lot

Well, you could also see it from the other side: if I were looking for - let's say - a cb red (something I consider about the same rarity as cb pillows) why should I catch the pillow and hoping for someone to give me a red egg for it, egg that I have to raise anyway? It would be much simpler to directly catch the red.

This is way I think that if you were looking for something specific you should offer something more then its real value. Your time to hatch the eggs in this case.

Hope this makes sense, and just my personal opinion of course.

I missed the '09, '10, and '11 Halloween dragons. If I wanted IOUs for at least one low-gen egg of each, what would be a fair trade on my part?

I was thinking of giving a BSA hatchling to the other person every week for a year, because I'm just that desperate. xd.png My metallics won't cooperate in breeding, and I normally don't have too much luck with catching caveborns.

What would you give in exchange for a Halloween IOU?