Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

Do you think I should accept a bunch of commons/uncommons or a holiday IOU for a CB gold.

And if holiday IOU (assuming the other parties are reliable), how many do you think I should ask for? One? Two?

Do you think I should accept a bunch of commons/uncommons or a holiday IOU for a CB gold.

And if holiday IOU (assuming the other parties are reliable), how many do you think I should ask for? One? Two?

Personally, I would accept the hatchie offer. But it depends on which holiday. If its a Holly, yes you should probably accept. I wouldn't accept one for a CB Gold of any others, cause you can find them in the AP. I had this same issue when I was going to trade my CB Gold, but someone told me to not take IOUs for the other holidays cause you can find them in the AP.

But um, looking at your scroll... You don't have a CB Gold egg/hatchie blink.gif Or am I missing something?

Edited by Erica8798

Personally, I would accept the hatchie offer. But it depends on which holiday. If its a Holly, yes you should probably accept. I wouldn't accept one for a CB Gold of any others, cause you can find them in the AP. I had this same issue when I was going to trade my CB Gold, but someone told me to not take IOUs for the other holidays cause you can find them in the AP.

But um, looking at your scroll... You don't have a CB Gold egg/hatchie blink.gif Or am I missing something?

Sorry. I meant to say for a 2nd Gen gold. Having a rough morning.

So, I had this CB Black I was offering for a CB Tan Ridgewing or CB Magma.

Offered it for four days straight... not... a single... bite. e___e

Did I just have terrible luck or are my trading values really misguided?

I noticed value of CB blacks seems to be in the tank. I just last night settled for CB royal blue egg, CB moonstone hatchie and CB flamingo hatchie, all very low-time. My egg was down to 3d2h, and I got too impatient to hatch it and put it back up on the block. dry.gif

A few days ago, I had trouble finding a CB black for my magma. It might just be bad timing.

It truly is all about the right person seeing the egg at the right time.

I've been dying for a couple CB Blacks...I just haven't had much time to browse the trading posts this week. Wish I had seen them!

Edited by danegrrrl

One last question: how valuable are hollies? I've had someone offer me a 5-6 gen one.

One last question: how valuable are hollies? I've had someone offer me a 5-6 gen one.

They're pretty darn rare. However, if you're offering something of extremely high value (CB-2nd gen Metals, 2nd gen Tinsels, multiple CB uncommons), then you might want to push for a nice 2nd-3rd gen Holly instead of a mid-gen one.

What could I get for two CB blusangs?( eggs )

Also what for a hoard of stripe hatchies + eggs (all of the colors except for white and black eggs and a green hatchy). Just curious on the stripes, probably not going to trade them away.

How many cb hachies is a cb paper egg worth? :thinking:

What could I get for two CB blusangs?( eggs )

Also what for a hoard of stripe hatchies + eggs (all of the colors except for white and black eggs and a green hatchy). Just curious on the stripes, probably not going to trade them away.

It all depends on the lineage in both cases, really. Two CB Blusangs will probably net you a nice metallic or CB uncommon, maybe even two CB uncommons. But lineaged ones probably aren't worth half that much.

Stripes are a bit harder to find trades for--people seem to care about CB ones but when it comes to colored ones people can be very picky. Probably a bundle of different hatchies or lower-class uncommons for the lot IF they're all 2nd gens.

@Snowsherry: For some people it'd only be worth one, but there's someone in the trade section lately who really, really seems to like papers, so perhaps they'd give you 2-3 common hatchies (or 1 uncommon one).

It all depends on the lineage in both cases, really. Two CB Blusangs will probably net you a nice metallic or CB uncommon, maybe even two CB uncommons. But lineaged ones probably aren't worth half that much.

Stripes are a bit harder to find trades for--people seem to care about CB ones but when it comes to colored ones people can be very picky. Probably a bundle of different hatchies or lower-class uncommons for the lot IF they're all 2nd gens.

@Snowsherry: For some people it'd only be worth one, but there's someone in the trade section lately who really, really seems to like papers, so perhaps they'd give you 2-3 common hatchies (or 1 uncommon one).

The stripes were mainly 4G with pretty lineages(not PB, but pretty with some marrows and alt sweetlings).

And the blue hatchy will make for a great mate with this!

Anyways thanks for the reply.

Edited by FenTheFox

Yep it's a CB GW. They're rare (: I'm quite jealous. I've been wanting another laugh.gif

Did cb GW became a legitimate rare?

Did cb GW became a legitimate rare?

user posted image

And they do seem to be pretty rare. I don't see much of them in the trading threads or the Cave.

How many cb hachies is a cb paper egg worth? :thinking:

Depends what kind of hatchies you're after. In the past, I've gotten up to 4 commons for papers, but the last time I had one I think it only got a couple and I really struggled to even get that offer. A lot of people aren't that interested in unbreedables so I think you've just got to find the right person. smile.gif Should get you a couple though at least.

I think it's hard when you're trading for unbreedables, since a lot of people don't go for them simply because they're unable to breed. So you really have to find the right person. I think you'd be hard pressed to trade any number of dinos for a CB trio egg, since they usually get quite a high price and I don't think there's really that much interest in dinos, unfortunately.

But you might be able to trade a couple of dinos for a messy lineaged and/or inbred trio egg. Like I said, I think you really just have to find the right person. If I were you, I'd try some of the gifting threads instead, such as TGS, the Newbie Gifting Project (which you still qualify for) or the BSA gifters. smile.gif I'd say that's your best bet of getting a trio, rather than trading for dinos, since I just don't think they're in as high a demand as trios are.

Hope that helps! And of course, other people might have a completely different opinion. That's just mine. smile.gif

I think it's hard when you're trading for unbreedables, since a lot of people don't go for them simply because they're unable to breed. So you really have to find the right person. I think you'd be hard pressed to trade any number of dinos for a CB trio egg, since they usually get quite a high price and I don't think there's really that much interest in dinos, unfortunately.

But you might be able to trade a couple of dinos for a messy lineaged and/or inbred trio egg. Like I said, I think you really just have to find the right person. If I were you, I'd try some of the gifting threads instead, such as TGS, the Newbie Gifting Project (which you still qualify for) or the BSA gifters. smile.gif I'd say that's your best bet of getting a trio, rather than trading for dinos, since I just don't think they're in as high a demand as trios are.

Hope that helps! And of course, other people might have a completely different opinion. That's just mine. smile.gif

I think a couple of dinos for a messy / inbred trio is far too pessimistic

I agree with StormWizard212 that it would be pretty difficult to trade any amount of dinos for a CB trio, but you should be easily able to get a low gen one (3rd-4th) for a dino.

I think a couple of dinos for a messy / inbred trio is far too pessimistic

I agree with StormWizard212 that it would be pretty difficult to trade any amount of dinos for a CB trio, but you should be easily able to get a low gen one (3rd-4th) for a dino.

I agree with this. I imagine there are plenty of users who'd breed you one just to give you one without even asking for a dino, especially since you don't care about lineage. Just offer and see who bites, or look into a few gifting threads. smile.gif

Depends on the person with the Trio, and what they want.

I recently got a 3rd gen Bronze Tinsel for 3 Dinos. I never expected the person to accept my offer, but they did.

If there's one thing I've learned when it comes to trading is that you shouldn't be afraid to at least try. Some people LOVE Dinos, some don't.

What's a holly worth? I'm probably not getting one until a few years later, but still wondering. I remember somebody said something about like 50 hatchies.

What's a holly worth? I'm probably not getting one until a few years later, but still wondering. I remember somebody said something about like 50 hatchies.

Now? 50 CB hatchlings or 1/2 CB metals are pretty good offers (although this depends on lineage, a short lineage will be worth a lot more than a messy one).

What would be a good offer for a CB Thunder and a CB Summer (last time I got a even 3rd gen Thunder for the Summer) as I am looking to trade? I know CB Summers are a lot less rare now, but people tend to want them for lineages quite a bit.

I have no idea about the Moonstone.. not much probably ^^"

As for the Hatchling, you have good chances if someone needs a freezy. Either as a Hatch swap or a CB egg or 2nd gen uncommon egg.

[Me, for example, I'd give you a 2nd gen Stripe/UV/Goldfish/Bluna/Black for it. ^.~]

What would be a good offer for a CB Thunder and a CB Summer (last time I got a even 3rd gen Thunder for the Summer) as I am looking to trade? I know CB Summers are a lot less rare now, but people tend to want them for lineages quite a bit.

Hmmmm, hardish to say, as both, THunder and Summer, are the "easy" rares lately. Nonetheless they ARE rare so I'd either try to swap them in the rare/uncommon area (Black/different Trio/Dino/Chick) or, what I think works better, for multiple CB Hatch. Or if you are looking for a hard to breed lineage, ask for that. *^-^*

Edited by Belisar