Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

Does anyone seriously have luck with the whole "IOU eggs when they breed" gimmick? I have heard that you can trust the word of trusted traders/forum users, however I've never had any luck with this. I'm facing my sixth lost "promise" on the site (over 6 months, and user no longer replies), and I have never had this work out for me. I guess my question is, how often do people really accept the "IOU" promises. I see them everywhere, but does anyone actually have a successful time with this? I guess I am really wanting to now if I am insane for doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result. tongue.gif

Working through my IOUs... many will take a while, but I am determined to fulfill them.

Almost every IOU offer that I've accepted has been fulfilled, though it does usually take at least a couple weeks. And I've fulfilled almost every IOU offer that I've made, but some pairs just won't produce the eggs I need!

My best advice to you is to only accept offers from active users who have been around for a while, as they're less likely to bail on you. And even then you'll need to be patient, because some pairs will magically stop producing eggs as soon as one is needed from them. "Sorry it took so long" is how I begin practically every PM about an IOU I've just fulfilled, sadly...

This describes my IOU habit probably best too. xd.png

Of course it sometimes still happens that a promise gets broken from the other side. Usually due to a hiatus - and sometimes of course, I fall for a scam too ^^" The only thing I can do then is, put their name on my blacklist and avoid trading with them again. (and unfortunately that list is still growing <.<)

And from my part, yes I also was unable to fulfill some IOUs. *glares at the ratio change of seasonals* Those bums really killed me and the breeding IOUs I gave for them. Or a couple that stubbornly decided to only give out the wrong breed for MONTHS! Fortunately my trade partner was ok with a swap of my promise. ^^"

So Danse, when you feel comfortable with accepting an IOU, definitely go for it (they usually are worth it). Maybe check whether the trade partner is able to breed/catch such dragons at all)

But when you have a bad feeling about a user or the IOU, then only do immediate trades. No one will blame you for not accepting them, if you don't want to. smile.gif

Edited by Belisar

Does anyone seriously have luck with the whole "IOU eggs when they breed" gimmick? I have heard that you can trust the word of trusted traders/forum users, however I've never had any luck with this. I'm facing my sixth lost "promise" on the site (over 6 months, and user no longer replies), and I have never had this work out for me. I guess my question is, how often do people really accept the "IOU" promises. I see them everywhere, but does anyone actually have a successful time with this? I guess I am really wanting to now if I am insane for doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result. tongue.gif

All the IOUs I have taken in exchange for my eggs have been fulfilled or are in the process of being fulfilled. When I accept an IOU from someone I look at what they do around the forums- how do they interact with other users? Do they gift frequently? Have I had interactions with them other then trading? However if they often seem to be picking fights, don't gift much, or I don't know who they are I'd be less likely to accept an IOU from them.

Thanks for the advice all! I guess I need to do a little more detecting in the future with potential trade mates *magnifying glass* I just feel like I'm being snoopy xd.png Also, in defense of people who may still owe me trades, it does seem to work out the way Umbee suggested. They don't all have to be crooks and scam artists. I guess dragons don't like to breed for an audience.

Edited by Danse

Does anyone seriously have luck with the whole "IOU eggs when they breed" gimmick? I have heard that you can trust the word of trusted traders/forum users, however I've never had any luck with this. I'm facing my sixth lost "promise" on the site (over 6 months, and user no longer replies), and I have never had this work out for me. I guess my question is, how often do people really accept the "IOU" promises. I see them everywhere, but does anyone actually have a successful time with this? I guess I  am really wanting to now if I am insane for doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result. tongue.gif

Out of all the IOUs I have taken, I've had maybe 2 people not pay.

The key thing is that taking an IOU is always a risk in this game. Even some well established players can flake, no matter how good they seem to be at the time (hiatus, forgetting, or sadly using their good name to cover it up)

There are some people who are not comfortable with IOUs , so you're not alone. If you're not ok with taking them, then don't. I am happy with what I do,minus some losses but I would not tell anyone to take an IOU, since it's frowned upon by many mods.

I absolutely will not though..take IOUs for regular metallics. That's just silly in my book. They're way too unpredictable as breeders.

Good luck though with however you choose to trade, and I'm sorry you've had so many bad experiences sad.gif

Edited by Pikabubba

Have CB magma and thunder dropped severely in value, or is it just the Blusangs? And if they have, what are they worth now?

Does anyone seriously have luck with the whole "IOU eggs when they breed" gimmick? I have heard that you can trust the word of trusted traders/forum users, however I've never had any luck with this. I'm facing my sixth lost "promise" on the site (over 6 months, and user no longer replies), and I have never had this work out for me. I guess my question is, how often do people really accept the "IOU" promises. I see them everywhere, but does anyone actually have a successful time with this? I guess I  am really wanting to now if I am insane for doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result. tongue.gif

I have only had one never pay up and it made me add the rule you do your part then I will do mine but over all most do pay ASAP. I look at how long they have been here, have I seen them trading before, normal things like that. I have only one right now where I paid and I am waiting for my part of the trade... 2 - 3rd gen tinsels for it..I figure with the dry spell it may be awhile I know once it took me 6 months to get a bronze tinsel from my pair I owed an IOU on dry.gif

my question about a trade: the blusongs, why are people asking for CB metals and ND for one of them......did I miss something are they a limited drop?

Edited by Merenwen

I've had great luck with all my IOUs... except the two 2nd gens I owe from my CB gold... (one's not really an IOU, just a gift I promised). She has not produced a gold since March of 2009!! dry.gif So, yeah, I told my poor IOUee that it might be awhile, and they were ok to wait... but seriously... over 3 years!? I'm never offering an IOU on a metal again xd.png

Edited by PolarVortex

I have only had one never pay up and it made me add the rule you do your part then I will do mine  but over all most do pay ASAP. I look at how long they have been here, have I seen them trading before, normal things like that. I have only one right now where I paid and I am waiting for my part of the trade... 2 - 3rd gen tinsels for it..I figure with the dry spell it may be awhile I know once it took me 6 months to get a bronze tinsel from my pair I owed an IOU on dry.gif

my question about a trade: the blusongs, why are people asking for CB metals and ND for one of them......did I miss something are they a limited drop?

People are asking for CB Metals and Neglecteds because they are being absurdly hopeful. To my knowledge (gained from the fact that I keep seeing the same people reposting those offers), they haven't and probably won't ever get bites. They're not a limited release, they're just really popular right now because they're new and pretty and only drop in one spot. Give it time, at the very absolute worst they shouldn't be rarer than CB Blacks. smile.gif

@Rayden54: CB Magmas are still equal in terms of other CBs to anything but CB Metals. CB Thunders have decreased in value slightly due to the desert being hunted in so frequently (and thus making them easier to grab as things move faster there).

@Danse: I'm sorry you've had bad IOU luck. As others have said, try to check out the person offering the IOU. I'm a lot more open to IOUs from a popular gold scroller on here than I am to IOUs from a freshly joined member with no scroll displayed.

Another thing to keep in mind is that some IOUs can take quite a while to complete. I have been trying to breed someone two 2nd gen Nebulas from Golds. Three pairs, bred every week for a month and a half now, AND STILL NO EGGS. XC

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

They are new and everyone is impatient to get them. But with the 100 - 150 people hunting them at any given moment in the coastal biome they can be very hard to snag for people with slow connections (or slow reflexes, like me tongue.gif ). Things are bound to get better, but right now some people are willing to pay those astronomical prices for them just to have one.

I gave three of them + 2 Brimstones and 2 Olives for a ND IOU, but I think I just got lucky. I was just jokingly asking for a ND, I didn't think I'd actually be PMd with an offer! tongue.gif

I traded 4 blusang eggs for a 2nd gen gold, gold mother, stone father. Was I good on my part, or did I get it for too less? I kinda feel like I cheated her..

I traded 4 blusang eggs for a 2nd gen gold, gold mother, stone father. Was I good on my part, or did I get it for too less? I kinda feel like I cheated her..

She accepted the trade, so I think that both of you got lucky. There are many people who do not mind to trade away rares for something less rare. It saves hunting time when someone has a busy RL.

If she's happy with it, then you didn't cheat her. I got offered a 2nd gen Silver for just 2 Blusangs, but they backed out for some reason. That's just what people are giving for Busangs right now. laugh.gif

Yes, and some trade their 2nd gen Silver for 4 Bluesangs. ^.~

It's just personal taste and personal values that determine trades. If one considers the one breed more valuable than others, it doesn't automatically mean others do so too. I for example even trade for nice Balloons too, where others wouldn't want them as a gift xd.png

I have IOUs still owed to me after 6+ months. I finally had one that was owed to me 4 months ago finally come up. It wasn't even anything special. Just a 2nd gen PB Vine. I also owe people some IOUs, but not a single person has PM'd me asking for progress/any eggs and I was on a hiatus due to a computer malfunction, so I ended up having my entire list deleted. I KNOW I owe people some stuff, but if they no longer frequent the forum/check on my breeding progress, then I just fulfill the next IOU on my list. If someone does not reply to me when I send them their dragon owed after a week, I will delete the PM and go on to the next person on the list.

It isn't my fault they took a hiatus/didn't inform me that they no longer needed/wanted the dragon I owed them. I had traded for a 2nd gen V-day 09' egg IOU, but never actually got PM'd back and I checked the forum every day and actually asked what happened to my IOU. Since the person didn't respond and hadn't logged in in about a month, I just picked up my 2nd gen V-day eggs off the AP. IOUs are a crapshoot, either getting them or offering them, because there are too many unknown factors that could unintentionally screw over one or both parties. dry.gif

What's This 8th gen silver worth? It's lineage is messy, but uninbred

Nearly worthless, a CB common hatchling at best, an inbred canopy at worst. Good uncommon hatchling, not like a pillow or tangar or lumina.

EDIT: Not a Silver Tinsel, a True Silver.

Edited by James1011

Nearly worthless, a CB common hatchling at best, an inbred canopy at worst.

I don't think it's THAT worthless. It's still a Silver. Some people would like it for freezing. I'd give a few common/uncommon hatchies for it.. Maybe 2 Olive and Rancid eggs?

I second Erica's opinon. Even a messy Silver is still a Silver. You can probably get a semi-uncommon egg (cheese, nebula), two BSA hatchies, or three common hatchies.

I have 5 Blusang hatchlings (2 female, 3 male, all around 5d til maturing). What would those be worth? I AM NOT asking for PMs from people wanting to trade for them. I'm just curious what they would be worth. I'm not expecting anything spectacular, but I'm hoping they're not totally worthless.

I just traded a CB thunder for a holiday IOU (any holiday). Here's hoping I get a pretty dragon in return.

I have 5 Blusang hatchlings (2 female, 3 male, all around 5d til maturing). What would those be worth? I AM NOT asking for PMs from people wanting to trade for them. I'm just curious what they would be worth. I'm not expecting anything spectacular, but I'm hoping they're not totally worthless.

The one time I put a Brine up for trade on EatW, I got like 20+ offers all in less than 24 hours.

Most of them were random hatchies, one was a vampy from original 2009 or whatever year it was, there was a CB summer hatchie, and then this one thuwed silver. I took the silver, because I love silvers, and because it was a thuwed.

Edit: So I think it matters on the person, like people said to me on my question. You can search around and look for great deals, and I'm sure there are still some, although the initial brine madness has passed.

Edited by Cefie