Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

1 hour ago, sunieepo said:

Why do some Zyumorphs (and any other dragon with multiple biome forms) seem to have less worth than others? Are they actually different in rarity, or is it based on the sprite? Or is there something going on with the drop rates that certain biomes are more common?

It might be drop rates to some extend, but I'm only guessing on that part. If a certain biome has a greater amount of breeds/ different eggs dropping it will probably cause any specific egg from that biome to relatively drop less often.
How well a certain sprite is liked is definitly part of it. Probably a big part. I think it's been said that e.g. xenos or coppers don't differ in rarity among the different variants (stats aside) but some are just more sought after than others. They seem to drop less often, because people click on them so incredibly fast. And they appear in trades less often because people often keep them if they catch one.
In cases where there is no difference between the sprites people may just be picky about the biome for whatever reason. I love making lineages with male coppers so for that the mothers biome will be important. I even got some common eggs from the market to be able to make proper checker with coppers without changeing colours. Some people collect specific biomes or if possible one or more per breed per biome, some may want to weave that into their descriptions.

Edited by Reykur

2 hours ago, Reykur said:

It might be drop rates to some extend, but I'm only guessing on that part. If a certain biome has a greater amount of breeds/ different eggs dropping it will probably cause any specific egg from that biome to relatively drop less often.
How well a certain sprite is liked is definitly part of it. Probably a big part. I think it's been said that e.g. xenos or coppers don't differ in rarity among the different variants (stats aside) but some are just more sought after than others. They seem to drop less often, because people click on them so incredibly fast. And they appear in trades less often because people often keep them if they catch one.
In cases where there is no difference between the sprites people may just be picky about the biome for whatever reason. I love making lineages with male coppers so for that the mothers biome will be important. I even got some common eggs from the market to be able to make proper checker with coppers without changeing colours. Some people collect specific biomes or if possible one or more per breed per biome, some may want to weave that into their descriptions.

Thanks for the answer. It's weird - I feel like both False-Headed Hydras and Zyumorphs from Volcano specifically are worth less than all the other biome variants. In the case of the False-Headed the sprite is literally the same but colorswapped, so I don't know why, and it made me think maybe Volcano is just not a good biome to be hunting in because everyone seems to value Volcano biome stuff less?? Or maybe I'm just getting unlucky with my trades?

7 hours ago, sunieepo said:

Thanks for the answer. It's weird - I feel like both False-Headed Hydras and Zyumorphs from Volcano specifically are worth less than all the other biome variants. In the case of the False-Headed the sprite is literally the same but colorswapped, so I don't know why, and it made me think maybe Volcano is just not a good biome to be hunting in because everyone seems to value Volcano biome stuff less?? Or maybe I'm just getting unlucky with my trades?

Interesting! I don't think the volcano FHH are much less value then the others, lot of people said the volcano one are their favorite.(but yes, a lot of V-FHH in hub and they tried to swap for another biome!) Maybe it's depending on the fluidity of biome. If more eggs had been taken from volcano (no egg blocker), they would have more chance to be found. Also, I'm not sure if volcano have a common dragon that no demand in hybrid/collecting, maybe Blazeback?  If the rarity of volcano dragons are nearly, or if volcano dragons are popular then others, or if their dragon types are less than other biomes, their occurrence rate might increase. That doesn't means volcano is not a good biome in actual, ( try to pay attention to the canto's biome? )  but depends on what do you think about their features. You can stay at jungle for a period of time to compare their differences, it has low fluidity but its eggs value are the most.

Edited by D-wing

How should I go about setting up a trade that I want back? I found this lovely in the AP today and I'd like to make it an Itus like its parents. Would that kind of thing be okay to post in the trading thread. And I'm not really sure how to ensure I'll get it back

18 hours ago, LadyNova said:

How should I go about setting up a trade that I want back? I found this lovely in the AP today and I'd like to make it an Itus like its parents. Would that kind of thing be okay to post in the trading thread. And I'm not really sure how to ensure I'll get it back

You can ask in this thread for someone to help you bounce it:

I'd offer myself but I'm scroll locked for the moment. You are taking a small risk, once an egg is traded there's no guarantee of getting it back, but the people in that thread are usually very helpful! You can also have a look around and see who has reliably helped others before.

Edit: I'm realizing way too late that we could have done back to back two way trades and being locked wouldn't have mattered. Just mentioning it in case someone else comes here with the same question.

Edited by GhostMouse

How much are 2G Stats worth? Could they trade for (non-CB) Neglecteds? Or are they pretty much not worth anything

1 hour ago, sunieepo said:

How much are 2G Stats worth? Could they trade for (non-CB) Neglecteds? Or are they pretty much not worth anything

I would trade a cb ND for a 2gpb stat probably, but I love them and they're breedable, so worth it to me. 2gs I'd give like non-cb NDs or 2g metals maybe? Depends on the other parent and varies between people I'd say.

What are people willing to trade for Pink Sapphires nowadays?

What if it's a caveborn one?

On 11/27/2022 at 8:09 PM, 0x08 said:

What are people willing to trade for Pink Sapphires nowadays?

What if it's a caveborn one?

Oh I find that a really hard one, I've seen anything asked from "some hatchies/ swap to a blue or yellow one" to "cb stat or neglected". For a cb one that is. Pretty sure depending on luck you might get some rares, maybe up to a copper, probably not a green one?

I guess for lineaged ones it depends on how neat the lineage is, but that's highly subjective.

What's the going rate for messy Stats nowadays? Do those go for NDs and 2G Metals too, or are they worth a bit less?

12 hours ago, EnderEcho said:

What's the going rate for messy Stats nowadays? Do those go for NDs and 2G Metals too, or are they worth a bit less?

I have 2 2gen PB metals up there now for a stat however messy.....

Make an offer on my eggs!

I have no idea if that's the going rate, but will gladly breed more to add if you have one for trade ! (I have a friend who is DESPERATE for one and all mine failed !)

I have a 2G Stat 'PB' from Pyro Xeno parents. I have no idea what that's worth since Stats that aren't CB seem to go for wildly different trades.

In order of what I'd dearly like would be:

* ungenderd ND, any gen (unrealistic?)

* CB Gold/Silver (maybe?)

* Silver Shimmerscale holiday-kin (2 or 3G)

* Silver holiday-kin (2 or 3G)

I'd think the holiday-kins are a fair trade but then since it's somewhat specific with the parents not many people would want it?

2 hours ago, titinian.masquarade said:

I have a 2G Stat 'PB' from Pyro Xeno parents. I have no idea what that's worth since Stats that aren't CB seem to go for wildly different trades.

In order of what I'd dearly like would be:

* ungenderd ND, any gen (unrealistic?)

* CB Gold/Silver (maybe?)

* Silver Shimmerscale holiday-kin (2 or 3G)

* Silver holiday-kin (2 or 3G)

I'd think the holiday-kins are a fair trade but then since it's somewhat specific with the parents not many people would want it?

I'll throw you a 3g prize or SAlty for it if you can't get any bites 😁 with both parents being Pyros, I'm surprised it hasn't gotten much attention. In my experience, as long as it's EG/not messy, a stat is a stat to most people 🤷‍♀️

Hi there! I'm a returning player and I've been catching & watching the market for several days now, but still feel somewhat confused about the market value of dragons today. Could anyone please help give me some insights? Thank you!

[Q1] 2G Prize

What would be considered fair offers for 2G prize? Is there much differences among Gold/Silver/Bronze and Rare/Holiday/Common mates?

When I used to play (mostly pre-2016), prize dragons were rarer. I used to trade several CB Rares for 3G Staircase Prize (I never had enough CB golds to get a 2G Prize). Now it seems that even 2G Prize would be available with the right offer, not just reserved for CB Gold/NDs, so that had been a shock for me. Sometimes the trade owner would specify what they wish, but sometimes they just want offers, and I would be so uncertain.

[Q2] 3G Prize Checkers

While 2G Prize still seems to be quite rare, many 3G Prize Checkers seem to be asking for non-rare offers (and thanks to these generous owners I now have some pretty prize checkers). Is this due to prize inflation as well? What would be fair offers if the owner doesn't specify what do they want?

Q2.2 How does 3G Staircase compare to 3G Checkers? I used to have lots of 3G staircases from trading but now it seems people rarely want or trade for them, let alone 4G staircases (crying with my hard earned 3G Stairs) 

[Q2] Market price vs Actual market value

I put together a spreadsheet to compare the prices with my personal idea of rarity (based on catching experience & trading market), but there seem to be lots of discrepancies. For example, the current top market prices are:

Dragon Market Price
Staterae 4300
Magma Dragon 3000
Gallus gallus domesticus 2800
Gold Dragon 2700
Ice Dragon 2200
Paper Dragon 2100
Dino 2000
Thunder Dragon 2000
Cheese Dragon 1900
Silver Dragon 1800
Aeon Wyvern 1700
Nexus Dragon 1500
Golden Wyvern 1300
Copper Dragon 1200
Blusang Lindwyrm 1000
Fire Gem Dragon 900
Black Truffle Dragon 800

I have seen several Trio/Dino/Cheese/Aeon/Copper/Blusang in the past few days, while not being able to see any Chicken/Gold, and from the market it also doesn't seem that Magma has such a high market value - is there any reliable source for the market value of rare dragons?

Based on what I've observed so far, it seems that CB Stat >>> Gold >> Silver > (NB, Trio, Copper, Aeon, Nexus, Blusang) > (Fire Gem, Truffle...)?

BTW I don't recall seeing anyone offering or asking for Nexus dragon, nor does GW seems to be rare at all, let alone rarer than Copper.

Also for copper, is it Green > Red > Brown? How does this put the three varieties at different ranks?

Would anyone please help me with a better understanding? Thank you so much ❤️ 

[Q3] Canto and FHH

These two by far have the greatest differences between trading market value and market prices, from what I observed. Is it due to the fact that they have so many variations?

How would they be placed in the rare/uncommon ranking? 

PS I regret so so so much not know the mechanism of Canto when I picked this beautiful SALT checker from the AP ><

What could I trade for Canto? If I catch CB Trio/Blusang/Aeon (somehow I have more luck with these), what would be a proper ratio?

[Q4] Gold/Silver PB or Checkers

I have a few projects both from holiday and non-holiday mates, but I barely get any offer for mine, not to mention bloodswap. I also rarely see people posting metal checkers in the trading market. Are they less popular now, orr am I looking at the wrong places? When I used to play, the trading platform was either on forum or third party, so it was a surprise to see that now the market is directly on the website. Are people using forum or other market for lineage metal projects?

[Q5] STAT, SALT

I see people offering multiple Gold/ND for CB Stat or 2G Salt, and it seems to me that these are the rarest so far? I wouldn't dream to be able to trade for one since I was never able to catch more than one gold/silver during a certain timeframe, but I wonder where would they be placed among the rare ranking.

After writing this length post I feel that this would be the rarity pyramid in my idea - would you please help me modify it?

Stat

2G SAlt

2G Prize (?)

ND > Gold > Silver

NB > Aeon > Trio

Copper (Green) > Blusang > Copper (Others)

3G Prize (?)

2G Gold/Silver (?)

3G Gold/Silver (?)

Canto > Zyumorph > FHH

Thank you for taking the time to read my post. Any help would be appreciated ❤️ 

*I just found my way back to the forum today, so I will spend some time reading, probably and hopefully I could get some answers too!

Just read a few comments and already feel brighter ❤️ It's too late now so I will continue over the next few days!

Edited by CuteDragons

6 hours ago, CuteDragons said:

Hi there! I'm a returning player and I've been catching & watching the market for several days now, but still feel somewhat confused about the market value of dragons today. Could anyone please help give me some insights? Thank you!

After writing this length post I feel that this would be the rarity pyramid in my idea - would you please help me modify it?

Stat

2G SAlt

2G Prize (?)

ND > Gold > Silver

NB > Aeon > Trio

Copper (Green) > Blusang > Copper (Others)

3G Prize (?)

2G Gold/Silver (?)

3G Gold/Silver (?)

Canto > Zyumorph > FHH

Market value not equal to actual rarity, don't used them to measuring the value. (but I'm not sure about the relation about price and value, so let others answer:P)

Also I'm not sure about 2/3G metals, for me they're no value or uncommon, but I rarely breed/make lineage with them so better let other experienced person to answer.

The other one I would used my catching difficulty to answer, but it's my own experience so it's for reference only.

2G SAlt > CB stat >> CB Gold > CB Silver > CB Aeon= CB Copper (Green)  > CB Copper (Others) ≥ CB Pink Sapphire ≥ CB green canto/CB wild Shumoga ≥ Unbreedable ≥ CB Thur/Fri/Sat gemshard > CB Blusang = CB Canto >> Zyumorph = FHH = Trio > uncommon

CB ND:  ≥CB Silver or CB Gold

5 Letters english word code:  ≤2G SAlt, ≥CB stat

All number code: ≥CB Silver

2G gold Prize, I think still around CB Gold and Silver. other around Green Copper maybe. 3G not sure, sometime you'll see people just gift them. 🤔

Edited by D-wing

hi there! I can hopefully answer some questions based on my personal (and somewhat limited) trading experiences. I’m putting my responses in a spoiler because it’s…a lot of text to scroll through😆 

I returned from a hiatus myself about ten months ago so the Market was a scary place and I was terrible at it. I’ve gotten better at trading since then, but I wouldn’t call myself an expert. if I have something I want to trade, I use the search to see if anyone is looking for that, and offer. I don’t post my own trades very often because I’m impatient and usually want the egg off my scroll, or get frustrated because people don’t read the “wants” and offer the exact opposite of what I asked for. but, I digress. 

2G Prize value is subjective. it’s all depends on what the breeder wants in return. I tend to not offer on trades that specify “offers”, since I don’t know what they want and hate the suspense. I suppose you can try finding their forum profile to see if they’ve specified any preferences, such as dragons they’re collecting.

the same goes for 3G Prize checkers, again it would depend on what the user considers a fair trade. but I don’t think prize checkers are super valuable. a lot of people (myself included) just breed them for free— either gifting the egg or dumping it into the AP 

Staircases have little value from what I’ve seen. I prefer the aesthetic of a checker and I think that is a popular pattern right now. However, I’ve seen some creative uses of low-gen staircases used for arrow and heart shaped lineages. it’s a bit sad because I remember when finding any low-gen stair Prize in the AP was a Big Thing

the market prices are a bad indicator of rarity. the true cb rares are Stats, Golds, and Silver.  Unbreedables (Chickens, Dinos, Paper, Cheese) are valued as well but not as valuable from my experience trying to trade them. you might get an uncommon but most likely not get rares. I’ve given away Dinos because I couldn’t get anything I wanted in trades.

I would say you’re right as far as the Copper values/rankings. and yes, Canto trade values are higher than their market price due to the different variations, and so are the FHHs. It was crazy when the Hydras dropped because not even Platinum Trophy scrolls had enough space to grab two from each biome, and people are still trying to collect them for scroll goals.  I would say if you’re good at catching Aeons and Blusangs you can try 2 for 1 Canto?  or a batch of Trios for a Canto? Also, you didn’t mention Gemshards. The “new” colors (Amethyst, Aqua, and Citrine) trade well for Cantos. I think Amethyst and Aqua are the most popular. 

Whenever I’ve seen metal checker lineage help, it’s in one of the threads on forum or Discord, but it’s mostly “I have ____ x ____ checker, can someone breed me a mate?” & if someone happens to have that same checker, they just gift the mate or ask for a blood swap, if they need it. 

yes, cb Stats and 2G sAltkins are the rarest. NDs have lost some value due to the fact that they’re “easier to make”, so idk if even multiples of them will get a cb Stat or 2G sAltkin at this point— but again, that all depends on the user making the trade. 

Edited by mishhelle

Hi D-wing and mishhelle! Thank you so much for your kind and detailed responses ❤️ It took me several minutes to read through and write this follow-up and I absolutely appreciated everything!! To mishhelle - thank you so much for your personal and comprehensive experiences for prizes and beyond! I have to leave now and didn't get to write about more aspects of your post and I hope to get back later!

Spoiler

- Wild Shumoga, Pink Sapphire, Green Canto

I guess these are rare due to the mechanisms? Has it been possible for friends to find a time for less people at AP and abandon sapphire so that the other person have a better chance of snapping it? As for wild Shumoga and green Canto, I'm so terrified of using earthquake since the odds have been unfortunate for me, so I guess I'll have to trade for them when I see one on the market lol

Does Pale Shumoga and Blue Sapphire have any trading values, or not really?

- Canto mechanism

So I just got extremely lucky last night before bed - someone caught 3 canto within an hour (they all have the same countdown time) and wanted PB Gold/Silver! I bred my 20+ pairs and got 3 eggs and promptly had the trade accepted ❤️ I read that only the last action would be in effect, so after incubating 2/3, I warded one, and precog-ed the other one. Here comes my silly question: Will the 3rd be considered already "teleported", or is teleporting required after hatching for the desired sprite? 

If it's considered teleported already, then does it mean that the "original" sprite could only be attained, if a person caught the canto in cave or bought in market?

- Gemshard (and Pyralspite?)

I always love Gemshard and they used to be completely random, so I was more than surprised when I realized that their colors are now based on their birthday... no more need to breed a checker multiple times for the desired color! When I catch the new ones myself I tend to keep them since I didn't have any, while prefer to trade away the old ones, so I guess that's the same for many other players as well lol

In this case, what would be old gems be worthy for other than being trade "fillers"? I personally also like the aesthetics for pyralspite (alpine&coast) so I always instinctively catch them despite having an abundance on my scroll. What could I fairly offer or ask for, with more than one of them?

- Blusang, Trio

I didn't realize that most other Rares would be rarer than them! Now it makes sense how easy it was to catch them - blusang has always been my personal favorite so I can't resist to snap them from coast, but again I have way more than I'll ever need on my scroll, so I've been trying to find them homes through trading. I'm glad that they could be fair for trading for canto (either 1:1 or 2:1 from your posts) and I think I will be doing that. Or new gemshards if any offer comes up?

For trios, (need to go now)

(I will also try to hide my wall of text :D

Thank you all and have a great day! ❤️ 

Edited by CuteDragons

pink Saphs are easy enough to obtain if you have a friend or two that can help catch. there’s also a thread here, where you can ask for help turning a Sapphire pink. 

pale Shumogas are common, so unless someone is a collector, I don’t think they’re that valuable. but I’ve had luck using the kill action on the egg after it reaches a certain day/hours and # views for wild Shumoga. I still need a couple more green Cantos, but I’ve been avoiding the whole earthquake thing. 

congrats on the Cantos!  the 3rd Canto will be the teleport/orange variant as long as you don’t apply any other BSAs except influence. Influence has no effect on Canto colors so it’s safe to use. all BSAs must be used on the egg for it to hatch the variant you want. & yes for the original pink Canto, it has to be cave caught or market bought with no BSAs used that would change its color. 

idk about Pyralspites tbh. I rarely seen them in trades or used in newer lineages, but you never know. and you might try trading them as hatchlings if an egg gets no response. hatchlings can be a more attractive trade fodder than eggs.  

9 hours ago, CuteDragons said:

- Wild Shumoga, Pink Sapphire, Green Canto

I guess these are rare due to the mechanisms? Has it been possible for friends to find a time for less people at AP and abandon sapphire so that the other person have a better chance of snapping it? As for wild Shumoga and green Canto, I'm so terrified of using earthquake since the odds have been unfortunate for me, so I guess I'll have to trade for them when I see one on the market lol

Does Pale Shumoga and Blue Sapphire have any trading values, or not really?

Pale Shumoga: just like mishhelle said, they're common.

Blue sapp: the catching difficulty is near a trio/xeno/iris floret.

Pyralspite: uncommon, like nebula

old gemshard': around FHH to canto

What about fire gems? I thought they're relatively uncommon but other than fire gem swaps, nobody has offered for my fire gem trades.

And what's the trade value of lunar heralds, seasonals, nebulas, and florets? Do different coloured florets have different value?

Are 3G Thuweds somewhat rare in terms of trade value?

Edited by OtomeKristinOtaku

1 hour ago, OtomeKristinOtaku said:

What about fire gems? I thought they're relatively uncommon but other than fire gem swaps, nobody has offered for my fire gem trades.

And what's the trade value of lunar heralds, seasonals, nebulas, and florets? Do different coloured florets have different value?

For reference, CB value only:

Zyumorph = FHH = Trio = red dorsal = tan ridgewing = xeno = iris floret (gold/purple) = seasonals ≥ lunar herald = nebula > uncommon

pink floret is around nubula and uncommon

firegem: uncommon

3G Thuweds: not sure, if it come from 4 thuweds I think it have value, but it's depend on breed and maybe no more than CB pink sapp.

Edited by D-wing

26 minutes ago, D-wing said:

For reference, CB value only:

Zyumorph = FHH = Trio = xeno = iris floret (gold/purple) = seasonals ≥ lunar herald = nebula > uncommon

pink floret is around nubula and uncommon

firegem: uncommon

3G Thuweds: not sure, if it come from 4 thuweds I think it have value, but it's depend on breed and maybe no more than CB pink sapp.

Thank you! wow trading value is a lot different from market value

are cb neglecteds still considered a good trade for a cb gold/silver/Staterae?  what about lineaged/ungendered NDs?

Edited by Sylviadragon

42 minutes ago, Sylviadragon said:

are cb neglecteds still considered a good trade for a cb gold/silver/Staterae?  what about lineaged/ungendered NDs?

A CB silver can get a CB ND pretty easily from what I've seen, probably gold too, but that's based on current trades. Stats have been super pricey lately, but I don't think it would be weird to ask for one still, just might be hard to get a CB one with any sort of expedience. There are 2 trades asking for a Stat that are up currently, the others are for CB silver or 4 cantos 🤷‍♀️

On 3/1/2023 at 9:23 PM, OtomeKristinOtaku said:

Tossing my observations in:

Firegems seem to be pretty common currently - I often see them sit in the biome for a minute or more before someone picks up the egg.  I suspect it's a combo of some people not knowing how to get the color they want (so they don't pick up CBs for fear of getting the wrong color) + the breed having been around long enough that most people who like them have gotten as many as they wanted.  They can be a nice addition to a trade offer of miscellaneous CB hatchies, though.

Bronze CB Lunars seem to be less valuable than the other colors when it comes to trading; I've had them sit and sit in the Hub with no offers, even when I wasn't asking for much.  Makes sense to me; they're a less exciting color, so I'm not surprised that the brighter versions seem more popular.  I suspect that the shorter availability of certain colors can influence the value of CBs - silver & indigo drop for 8-day periods a month apart, so a CB indigo offered for trade on Day 8 of their drop will probably get less interest than one offered on Day 1 (or better yet, after the color has switched and someone's desperate not to have to wait a full month for another chance at catching them!)  By contrast, gold & bronze drop for 4-day periods but every other time there's only an 8-day wait for them to come back.

When the 'new' peach Florets were released, there seemed to be a spike in trade value of the CB other Floret colors (everyone who wanted to breed the new alts and suddenly realized that they didn't have any 'old' Florets for breeding), but I think this has leveled out?  Again, they're probably good in a hatchie offer, like Firegems, but the demand for eggs seems to have died down.  I wonder if Peach+Purple and Peach+Gold pairs might have better value than single eggs or doubles of one color, as a sort of 'Breed Your Own Alts Kit' appeal?

Since the Nebula colors fluctuate (sometimes red+green are common while blue+purple are uncommon, and then switching), there's a pretty steady demand for whatever color is less common at the time; I see a fair number of 'swap blue for red' or 'swap green for purple' type trade offers for them.  (I think that False-Headed Hydras work much the same way - the rarity of each color seem to shift, and whatever version I've seen the most of dropping in the Cave, I also see up for trades asking for other versions.)

Thuweds are dicier, because like any lineage, it depends on finding someone who needs that specific lineage!  For someone working on a pure Thuwed lineage, a 3G checker Thuwed common would be highly desirable... but for anyone else, they're not going to view it as worth anything more than a lineaged common.  I'd say that, in general, like any other lineaged egg, some factors will help make it more appealing, like checker versus stairstep, inclusion of other desirable breeds (e.g. a Prize-kin or Stat-kin or Holiday-kin), and purity (are all 4 ancestors Thuweds, or does it have 2 Thuwed and 2 non-Thuwed ancestors?)

As an aside, are there any other spiral-lineage fans in this thread?  I prefer them to stairsteps, but almost never see them for trade; I can't say how many "3G Prize" offers I've clicked on hoping that it would be a spiral lineage, only to find a stair instead.  Justice for spirals!  :)  

Edited by sorenna