Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

Don't know, whether this is the right thread, but anyway:

about 2 days ago I got this summer hatchling from a trade from the dragonmarket at "eggs around the world". Later I got a pm from a user asking me where I got the hatchie, because she gifted it to someone and was very surprised to find it now on my scroll. Unfortunately I don't remember the trader's name.

It's extremely unfair to trade away gifted eggs/hatchlings, especially breeds that are hard to come by. Also, isn't there a rule against trading gifted dragons in most of the gifting threads?

I feel very sorry for the user who bred the summer as a gift who's kindness has been imposed on (and I also feel quite stupid to have fallen for that trader).

Is it possible for one of the mods to please track the trade so nobody else will fall for that trader?

Thanks a lot

I'd leave it up to the gifter to try to find who she gifted it to. If it was done through a thread (and thus the user's name is written down somewhere), then you're right that it can probably be reported to the thread and that person will be kicked from the gifting group. If it was just a random gift, however, they can't really punish that person aside from deciding not to gift to them again.

I'd leave it up to the gifter to try to find who she gifted it to. If it was done through a thread (and thus the user's name is written down somewhere), then you're right that it can probably be reported to the thread and that person will be kicked from the gifting group. If it was just a random gift, however, they can't really punish that person aside from deciding not to gift to them again.

But if it was via a trade thread, or they are in a trade thread, they could still report them because it was a gift.

But if it was via a trade thread, or they are in a trade thread, they could still report them because it was a gift.

Who would you report them to? TJ isn't going to shut down a scroll just because someone didn't do what they were asked to with a gifted dragon, and I'm fairly certain there isn't a thread that aims to shame and point out those who violate trade agreements.

What's the going rate for a 3rd gen holly egg?

If it's a nice lineage (two breed stairstep or even gen) I daresay you could get a 2nd gen Metal for it--maybe even two! A CB one might be pushing it, most people with CB Metals are going to be looking for a 2nd gen if they can.

Thanks for your help. =3

The mother is a bright pink and the 2nd gen is a female, but it could be continued as a spiral with bright pinks on one side and something else on the other [new pink/flamingo], but since the person who I've been talking to doesn't appear to have a bright pink it'll probably just be continued in new pink.

I have a question:

Would it be worth it to trade a CB Stripe egg for a Cheese egg?

Just wondering! biggrin.gif

I have a question:

It depends what you want, really. CB Stripes and Cheeses are about equal in terms of rarity, but Stripes can breed and Cheeses can't, so most people consider Stripes more valuable.

It depends what you want, really. CB Stripes and Cheeses are about equal in terms of rarity, but Stripes can breed and Cheeses can't, so most people consider Stripes more valuable.

OK, thanks.

Is a CB ND worth a CB Metal?

I think so. I've traded CB silver for a CB neglected (so the reverse should work too).

I think so. I've traded CB silver for a CB neglected (so the reverse should work too).

Well, people are always eager to trade less valuable things for things they consider more valuable, so iunno if the reverse would work... that's what I"m worried about, hehe xd.png

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

What's the going rate for a 3rd gen holly egg?

In my opinion, you could probably get 2 CB metals for one. Somebody offered one of those on my 2nd gen tinsel when it was still an egg, so yeah.

I have a question:

I consider CB stripes to be much more valuable than CB cheeses. A CB stripe for 2 cheese hatchlings would be more worth it.

Lots have asked this I know but, what is a CB Summer worth again?

Will it be too absurd to ask for a 2nd gen Metallic?

If you have it a couple of weeks ago you may have been able to get it.

But now seasonals, and cb ones too, are coming back again.

You may try to get a cb trio or stripe or black for it, but imho not a 2nd gen metallic

Gonna ask again, could I trade an ND for a CB Silver? I know you can trade a CB Silver FOR a Neglected, but I'm not sure the reverse is true. ;;

Also would these three metals: http://dragcave.net/lineage/G1GMb http://dragcave.net/lineage/StPLB http://dragcave.net/lineage/K8FT4 + a 2nd gen Summer from Autumn parents be worth a Neglected?

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

Seasonals are breeding good again now, so a bred summer egg is not worth very much even if of a nice gen.

Your gold is a long and quite messy lineage. The second silver is nice but long lineage and with a holiday. The first is a nice short gen and from pb parents.

If I had a neglected and no metals yet I'd accept an offer with your three metallics (I won't mind the summer at all)

If I had a neglected and already some metals, I'd try to trade it for a cb gold or silver or at least for a couple of 2nd gen metallics.

What is the worth of a 7th gen magma?

Probably a few common hatchies, or an semi-uncommon egg (cheese, paper, lumina, split, etc). Magmas are rare, but not so rare that higher gens are worth much.

Okay, speculators: 2gen Black Stripes with Marrow parents. I've had a pair in the trades forum for a couple days and have had exactly one offer.

Is it unreasonable to be asking for a CB Ice for them both?

Would this be worth something? If so, what?

Yes -- Probably a few CB trios, mostly because it's completely PB, and a nice lineage type to boot. But it would depend on what you wanted -- it won't be worth much beyond what someone wants in terms of blacks.

Would this be worth something? If so, what?

I really question if it'd be worth a few CB Trios... it's a nicely lineaged Black, but it's still a lineaged Black. They just aren't worth as much. Now, you could probably get a nicely lineaged Trio in return, but I wouldn't say much more than that.